Author Topic: Mr Brightside  (Read 239059 times)

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
Re: Mr Brightside
« Reply #675 on: November 29, 2013, 14:23:20 PM »

Blingbox looks fabulous Dahling

but I think diamonte should be spelt diamante  :-* :-* :-*

Sigh! Great spot sir.. find and replace for the win :)

Putting the finishing touches onto Anna"s clothing line business.. nearly up and running at http://www.crushingsouls.com/ looking good, if anyone has any comments (good or bad) or improvements.. or spelling mistakes  :-\ let me know x

Had a very brief look, and I like :)

The pedant in me wonders though - the T&C of sale says that you have to be 18 to buy (By placing an order through this Website you warrant that you are at least eighteen (18) years old and that you are capable of entering into legally binding contracts.)...but surely the target audience (alternative, goth etc) is going to be teenagers??

Thanks Adam.. should maybe change the T&C"s to say.. "at least eighteen (18) years old unless you are capable of entering into legally binding contracts by hacking your parents paypal accounts or "borrowing" their credit cards"  ;D x
Winner of 1 gold, 2 silver & 1 bronze medals.
Proud member of team England '11 & '12 (Home Internationals) & team APAT  '11

Now pretty much poker retired, but available to help feed / sub the APAT server hamsters now & again.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=101148

KarmaDope

• Platinum Member
  • The Groom
    • Blonde Forum
« Reply #676 on: November 29, 2013, 15:11:10 PM »
:)

Actually, I meant that it should say 16 - I know Barclays give 16 year olds debit cards that can be used online :D x
[IMG=http://www.vegasmessageboard.com/countdown/countdown.php?c=purple&f=3&y=2013&m=11&d=12&h=18&mi=20&o=0&p=1][/img]

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #677 on: November 29, 2013, 15:19:12 PM »

Actually, I meant that it should say 16 - I know Barclays give 16 year olds debit cards that can be used online :D x

Not quite the same thing.

Barclays is willing to give 16 y.o.s debit cards because (from memory as an ex-BCY employee of 27 years) a marker is set that does not permit overdrafts.

Contracting with under-18s is still not enforceable (AFAIK) under UK law whether they tick a box or not.

If they lie...you"re SOL.
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #678 on: November 29, 2013, 15:35:03 PM »

Not quite the same thing.

Barclays is willing to give 16 y.o.s debit cards because (from memory as an ex-BCY employee of 27 years) a marker is set that does not permit overdrafts.

Contracting with under-18s is still not enforceable (AFAIK) under UK law whether they tick a box or not.

If they lie...you"re SOL.

16 - not 18

EDIT: their may be other complications but the basic part is 16 and above
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #679 on: November 29, 2013, 16:15:06 PM »

16 - not 18

I meant that you cannot enforce (again AFAIK) a debt with an person under 18. Which is the point.

As a child or young person, you cannot normally be taken to court for debt. This is because you cannot be legally held to a contract you make when you are under 18.

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/debt_e/young_people_money_and_consumer_rights.htm

Certainly they could be held responsible....

You can be held legally responsible for any debts you run up to buy things that you need like food, shelter or clothing.

...but it"s arguable whether these items would be "needed".

At the end....most organisations would just write it off...it ain"t worth the hassle of trying to recover the monies owed.

Regardless, if you are taking CC payments...you should be fine.

Debit Card payments...ditto..as these will have software restrictions meaning the the purchaser cannot create a debt with you. Any debt created should be the bank"s issue.

Of course, I"ve been out of banking for 10 years so things might have moved on since my day.

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #680 on: November 29, 2013, 17:49:39 PM »

16 - not 18

I meant that you cannot enforce (again AFAIK) a debt with an person under 18. Which is the point.

As a child or young person, you cannot normally be taken to court for debt. This is because you cannot be legally held to a contract you make when you are under 18.

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/debt_e/young_people_money_and_consumer_rights.htm

Certainly they could be held responsible....

You can be held legally responsible for any debts you run up to buy things that you need like food, shelter or clothing.

...but it"s arguable whether these items would be "needed".

At the end....most organisations would just write it off...it ain"t worth the hassle of trying to recover the monies owed.

Regardless, if you are taking CC payments...you should be fine.

Debit Card payments...ditto..as these will have software restrictions meaning the the purchaser cannot create a debt with you. Any debt created should be the bank"s issue.

Of course, I"ve been out of banking for 10 years so things might have moved on since my day.

That"s about providing credit and debt - how is paying with a debit card creating a debt? It"s an electronic payment from their account.

Even if you shipped and then the payment got reversed in some way, it would be covered by contract law rather than financial legislation (wouldn"t it?)

And you can enter into contracts at 16 - is where my logic came from. And I would expect that it is related to why the banks will let 16 year olds have debit cards they can use online at 16.

EDIT: okay - checking up, confusingly you can enter into a legally binding contract but the other party can"t always legally enforce it against you  ???  Still don"t see how it could cause a problem if there was only debit card payments involved.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 18:01:23 PM by Jon MW »
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #681 on: December 03, 2013, 13:00:24 PM »
APAT Server hamsters have been running at full belt.

November we only had a tiny amount of down time.

First time we"ve had a 99%+ month since I started recording. We just "squeaked" over :)

November 2013   
Uptime : 99.030%   

Happy days.

Now pretty much poker retired, but available to help feed / sub the APAT server hamsters now & again.

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #682 on: January 03, 2014, 12:50:02 PM »
Happy new year to one and all

Been a month since a blog update but there"s been nothing to report really, busy with work, happy at home so its all good. Currently trying to free up some funds for a trip to APAT Stoke, been too long since I"ve seen everyone, watch this space.

APAT website had it"s best month uptime wise in December, only one blip for a few hours in December meaning our best stats yet :

Year / Month / Uptime

2013   December   99.731%
2013   November   99.030%
2013   October   96.584%
2013   September   95.902%

Fingers crossed the new website front end doesnt break anything  ;)

On a personal front life is great although trying to fit into non elasticated clothes is proving a problem  :-\ honeymoon period and no gym for 5 months has well and truly seen to that. Managed 3 gym sessions between Christmas and New year so I could just squeeze into a tux for new years eve. 20lbs on since August though has been a mighty fine effort and very enjoyable.. no regrets :)

Aims for 2014? Lose a few pounds. Keep healthy and happy. Explore a little more of the world. Have adventures.

Anyway.. where was I.. oh yes talking of adventures... Stoke.. fingers crossed x

Santino67

• Platinum Member
  • Fat Charlie Sheen - @GrantSpeirs
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #683 on: January 03, 2014, 18:04:07 PM »

20lbs on since August though has been a mighty fine effort and very enjoyable.. no regrets :)

Get in there Phil ya fat ba5tard, nice work sir  ;D

Happy New Year to you and the family mate, hope I can catch up with you soon   :-*
APAT Scottish Amateur Champion 2011 :~)
APAT Online North America PLO Champion 2011
Chipaccrual's Big APAT Christmas End Of Year Quiz Champion 2011
2012 Scottish Captain @ ECOAP
APAT Online Irish PLO Champion 2013
APAT Online Scottish Champion 2017

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #684 on: January 07, 2014, 16:33:52 PM »
Over the moon to be picked by Jack for the forum team. Havent played a lot of poker this past year, only 2 live APATs last year, 10th at Wembley and a nowhere in Cardiff.. but it was my stag doo in my defence :) Really looking forward to this one and the team looks like an absolute cracker. All legends IMO. And Jack"s last APAT. Going to be emotional.

First APAT with the wife as well.. a good idea? Hoping so.. but probablys not  ::) but I"m sure Lilly will have a ball and experience what APAT is all about... waking up with a severe hangover on Sunday  :P

20lbs on since August though has been a mighty fine effort and very enjoyable.. no regrets :)

Get in there Phil ya fat ba5tard, nice work sir  ;D

Happy New Year to you and the family mate, hope I can catch up with you soon   :-*

Cheers Grant (I think) and all the best to you and your family mate. Miss you.

Stoke? x

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #685 on: January 07, 2014, 16:38:30 PM »

First APAT with the wife as well.. a good idea?

Nope.....you can"t drink properly when you"re looking over your shoulder all the time. :)

Hmm...perhaps one of these...

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #686 on: January 07, 2014, 16:43:55 PM »
 ;D

Winner :)

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #687 on: January 08, 2014, 00:26:47 AM »
Does she like the few sups too?  If so, we"ll have her sorted in no time!   ;D

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #688 on: January 15, 2014, 12:07:41 PM »
I see that the team event "ethics" debate keeps going on and on.. tempted to put my two penneth on the thread but its been done to death before and APAT have made their stance quite clear on the matter so will keep my opinions to my humble thread.

Personally I"d love to see team events to embrace an anything goes policy.. to compare an individual event to a team event and apply the same rules is just illogical and nonsensical IMO. We all know the rules for individual events and chip dumping / soft play etc is against the rules, but for team events why not.

Firstly applying individual to team rules is near impossible to police, there"s always going to be an element of doubt of soft play when 2 team members are on the same table. Everyone will be aware of it and suspicious of any raise / fold in any hand where the 2 team members are involved. This always causes fallouts, bad feeling and arguments. Not good for any community, especially one like ours.

If this is the case then why not just let anything go, IMO it all adds to a different dynamic and a different way of thinking.  If team mate 1 raises and team mate 2 min raises with then team mate 1 folds.. so be it.. its upto to the rest of the table to adjust and apply counter strategies. All adds to the fun of the game IMO.

Completely off "track" now. But I"d also like a new olympics as well. A "clean" version as it currently stands and a "pumped up to hell" version where anything goes. Athletes can pump themselves full of any enhancing drugs they like. Personally would love to see what is possible for the human body to achieve over the 100m, high jump, long jump etc. Gets the current cheaters out of the "clean" version and also gives us all a chance to see what"s possible.

I know it"ll never happen.. but it"d be fun to watch x

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #689 on: January 15, 2014, 12:12:53 PM »

Personally I"d love to see team events to embrace an anything goes policy.. to compare an individual event to a team event and apply the same rules is just illogical and nonsensical IMO. We all know the rules for individual events and chip dumping / soft play etc is against the rules, but for team events why not.

Just to engage....I agree completely.

Unfortunately, what we currently have is a bast@rdised team event with some soft play, no actual team tactics and half the money going to individuals.

Take the individual element right out of any team events and have done with it.