Author Topic: Teams / Players still not registered for tonight.  (Read 14236 times)

fandango

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • "it was suited"
Re: Teams / Players still not registered for tonight.
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2012, 14:09:47 PM »

I suppose it comes down to what APAT want to get from the league

If its just a bit of midweek fun where the outcome of the event comes down to coin-flips and whoever is dealt the best cards wins, then fine. Although if we are removing a large slice of the skill then we may as well just make it a hyper-turbo and lets be done with it within an hour.

However, this is an APAT branded event with a decent prize at the end of it, so I would have thought nudging it a little towards the skill end of the spectrum would be in order, even if it finishes a little later.

I know I"ve mentioned it on GNF Matt, but I do think the structure was a little off - especially in the middle period, but I think this can be rectified without changing a great deal.

What I really couldn"t get my head around though - was the no-shows....or rather the no-shows who didn"t pre-reg. As this is ultimately a team event, even pre-regging and blinding out would earn a bunch of points for the team, which may make the difference!

^^^^^ This^^^^^. Especially your closing statement, I am team captain and have sent numerous PMs to all three of my team regarding password starting times etc.. One of my team has replied to my messages and was great to see him turn out for the opening game last night.. I feel like I have let him down a little as the other two was no shows, one of my team did get back to me on Facebook at 8.15pm just got in from work, but as you say why not pre register even if you blind off a few levels you can still build your stack, the added value is just to good to miss out on. I"m sure Sunday will be different and hope all teams can field their full squads..
2011 Bronze medal in Omaha online WCOAP
2012 ECOAP Main Event Champion and Gold Medalist
2012 ECOAP Player of Series winner
2012 UK Amateur Champion
WCOAP Gold Medalist and Bracelet winner Team England
S7 WCOAP Bronze medal Antes only
Bronze Shoot out WCOAP

fandango

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • "it was suited"
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2012, 14:13:15 PM »
2012 UK Amateur Champion
Bronze Shoot out WCOAP

camking

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2012, 19:58:10 PM »
I"m afraid I"m one of the people who was unable to play on Wednesday due to computer failure.  My new hard disc has now arrived and today I"ve got everything re-installed so I have a working computer.

So I"m now back up and running but I cannot remember my login name - it"s not the same as my user name, and I don"t want to risk locking my account out for 24 hours.

How do I get support?  Nothing I click on for help works at all.  I clicked on the yellow blob at the top of the lobby screen and it just opens some theplayerzone.com website in Internet Explorer (why?) and the live chat link in that doesn"t do anything except open an empty window; there"s no response to e-mails to the support e-mail address (except an automated reply).

Help!

--Stewart (camkingEoE)

fandango

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • "it was suited"
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2012, 20:27:34 PM »

I"m afraid I"m one of the people who was unable to play on Wednesday due to computer failure.  My new hard disc has now arrived and today I"ve got everything re-installed so I have a working computer.

So I"m now back up and running but I cannot remember my login name - it"s not the same as my user name, and I don"t want to risk locking my account out for 24 hours.

How do I get support?  Nothing I click on for help works at all.  I clicked on the yellow blob at the top of the lobby screen and it just opens some theplayerzone.com website in Internet Explorer (why?) and the live chat link in that doesn"t do anything except open an empty window; there"s no response to e-mails to the support e-mail address (except an automated reply).

Help!

--Stewart (camkingEoE)

Hi Stewart,

Thanks for getting back to me, i think your best bet would be to contact Matt he might be able to help you out.

Cheers Carl
2012 UK Amateur Champion
Bronze Shoot out WCOAP

Matt D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2012, 20:28:29 PM »
Hi Stewart, have you tried Support here? http://www.apat.com/index.php/help/
APAT Online is on Grosvenor Poker. Down the software from http://www.apat.com/grosvenor-poker

camking

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2012, 20:29:17 PM »
Well, no sign of life from support.  How can there not be live support in this day and age?  (Or is it hidden inside the player zone site that requires you to login to access it - I mean, how stupid is that?)

I figured if I kept guessing different login names, they couldn"t lock the account (after all, which account do you lock?) - so I tried every combination I could think of of my forum name with EoE, EMS and APAT before and after it and other names as well.  Eventually, I got lucky, just as registration closed.

I"m now registered for the last two games and still rather angry >:( and sorry to my team-mates.

camking

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2012, 20:37:57 PM »

Aha!  That works!  Thanks.

(So why doesn"t the poker.co.uk lobby take you there but to www.theplayerzone.com instead?)

Matt D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2012, 20:39:57 PM »

(So why doesn"t the poker.co.uk lobby take you there but to www.theplayerzone.com instead?)

The Player Zone is for news on promos/bonuses etc.

To access support from within the client, you select "Support" > "Live Support" from the lobby (have just tested it, and it works for me).
APAT Online is on Grosvenor Poker. Down the software from http://www.apat.com/grosvenor-poker

camking

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2012, 20:51:28 PM »

To access support from within the client, you select "Support" > "Live Support" from the lobby (have just tested it, and it works for me).

Log out first and then try it: the Support tab is greyed out and you cannot activate it.

The yellow blob says "Having login trouble? (etc)" and invites you to click there.

Matt D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2012, 21:06:32 PM »

Log out first and then try it: the Support tab is greyed out and you cannot activate it.

The yellow blob says "Having login trouble? (etc)" and invites you to click there.

Ah thanks. I was unaware of that. Will get that changed so that it includes a proper link to Support.

Thanks for the heads up :)