Author Topic: WCOAP 2013 (dates,schedule,etc.)  (Read 39110 times)

pables

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • JACK7SUITED on Grosvenor
Re: WCOAP 2013 (dates,schedule,etc.)
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2012, 19:22:06 PM »
If you stay at Castle Bridge Marina, it"s only a pleasant stroll to DTD along the canal from the Waters Edge pub, as James Barber, Michelle Gascoigne and I found out on the Monday afternoon.
WCOAP online Omaha Bronze 2009
WCOAP Stud Gold 2010
UK Team championship 2011 individual Silver
WCOAP 2015 Team championship silver with IRELAND
WCOAP 2016 Irish silver
WCOAP 2018 PLO D/C Bracelet
WCOAP 2018 ROE silver
WCOAP 2019 Mix max Bracelet
European Team event 2019 Silver with team Ireland

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2012, 20:54:02 PM »

If you stay at Castle Bridge Marina, it"s only a pleasant stroll to DTD along the canal from the Waters Edge pub, as James Barber, Michelle Gascoigne and I found out on the Monday afternoon.

If you stay at Castle Bridge Marina, it"s only a pleasant 3 min car / taxi ride with a hangover as everyone else found out x
Winner of 1 gold, 2 silver & 1 bronze medals.
Proud member of team England '11 & '12 (Home Internationals) & team APAT  '11

Now pretty much poker retired, but available to help feed / sub the APAT server hamsters now & again.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=101148

HOLDorFOLD

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2012, 21:03:01 PM »

If you stay at Castle Bridge Marina, it"s only a pleasant 3 min car / taxi ride with a hangover as everyone else found out x

ahhh yes good point ... but then you miss out on seeing the freaking skull/head based camp that had a touch of deliverence to it ....

... but I suppose you had Stu to look at   ;D

Skype/MSN  Holdyfoldy@hotmail.co.uk

rupetherupe

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2012, 09:47:16 AM »
Hi - Jlatche asked about the logistics of playing the stud/Omaha/horse and main event - That is something I would like to know aswell, if anyone knows? I suppose the question for me is - can you play the Stud tourny on the Thursday, the H.O.R.S.E. on the Saturday, and still play either main event 1a or 1b? ie is there an overlap or are the stud/HORSE daytime and 1a/1b evening? PLUS I want to book into eveything early as I know they can hit their limit - how can I do that but not via satelites ? Help would be appreciated - cheers-

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2012, 10:15:29 AM »

Hi - Jlatche asked about the logistics of playing the stud/Omaha/horse and main event - That is something I would like to know aswell, if anyone knows? I suppose the question for me is - can you play the Stud tourny on the Thursday, the H.O.R.S.E. on the Saturday, and still play either main event 1a or 1b? ie is there an overlap or are the stud/HORSE daytime and 1a/1b evening? PLUS I want to book into eveything early as I know they can hit their limit - how can I do that but not via satelites ? Help would be appreciated - cheers-

We are yet to finalise the schedule for the WCOAP.

In previous years, all events have been 2:30pm/3:00pm starts.  You should be fine with the playing the limit games and being able to play one of the Main Event Day 1"s.  I doubt there will be a crossover of days for that, but as I say, we have not finalised the schedule.

Direct Buyin will be available around the same time as satellites become active.  Again, just watch this space for more details.  We will email all members, post an announcement on the forum, and update the facebook page and twitter feed when final plans are confirmed.

rupetherupe

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2012, 13:33:44 PM »
OK thanks for that and I am not trying to be a pain HONEST !!!!  :)- but,.... There IS a schedule advertised, maybe not finalised yet, that shows the HORSE and Omaha on the same day as the 1a and 1b - should that be ignored? - are you saying that in previous years they weren"t so will probably not be in 2013 despite what ATAPs schedule on their site says? or are you saying that they may be but will not cross. Just a bit confused as to why the schedule is on line, with specific dates yet it is not finalised. Regardless have you any idea when, approx, the satelites/buy-ins are available? ie is it  usually pre or post Christmas.  Sorry to be a pain but I"m trying to sort things for early next year and get hotel booked etc THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2012, 13:58:00 PM »

OK thanks for that and I am not trying to be a pain HONEST !!!!  :)- but,.... There IS a schedule advertised, maybe not finalised yet, that shows the HORSE and Omaha on the same day as the 1a and 1b - should that be ignored? - are you saying that in previous years they weren"t so will probably not be in 2013 despite what ATAPs schedule on their site says? or are you saying that they may be but will not cross. Just a bit confused as to why the schedule is on line, with specific dates yet it is not finalised. Regardless have you any idea when, approx, the satelites/buy-ins are available? ie is it  usually pre or post Christmas.  Sorry to be a pain but I"m trying to sort things for early next year and get hotel booked etc THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

The schedule is provisional, as there will be final discussions with the venue nearer the event.  Once the seats go on sale, then it will be finalised.

We are aiming to have the WCOAP events on sale before Christmas.

Regards,

Leigh

Gup9y

• Bronze Member
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2012, 21:18:47 PM »
Guys, when are the notes of interest being taken for team captains?
2012 Scottish Team member at ECOAP
2012 Scottish Online PLO hi Low Champion
2012 Scottish Online Stud Champion

JLLATCHE

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2012, 11:57:56 AM »

Hello again, to buy tickets for events 27Mar-1Apr wcoap of which is the proper procedure? because I"m from Spain and I want to have it controlled, on the other hand my English is very basic I"ll have many problems to play events? :-) Thanks,

Best regards,

cashman

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2012, 23:27:44 PM »

Hello again, to buy tickets for events 27Mar-1Apr wcoap of which is the proper procedure? because I"m from Spain and I want to have it controlled, on the other hand my English is very basic I"ll have many problems to play events? :-) Thanks,

Best regards,

seats for each event at the WCOAP is usually sold online, full info should be posted on this site in january or febuary
TEAM GOTHAM  (penguin)
Gold Medalist APAT ECOAP 2012 for Team Republic of Ireland

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2013, 13:05:01 PM »

The schedule is provisional, as there will be final discussions with the venue nearer the event.  Once the seats go on sale, then it will be finalised.

How is this coming?

I"m not so much worried about buying in, but an agreed / finalised schedule would be nice.

Plans have to be made pretty soon and hotels in the close area are starting to become cost prohibitive especially as it"s Easter.
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

fandango

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • "it was suited"
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2013, 13:15:12 PM »

How is this coming?

I"m not so much worried about buying in, but an agreed / finalised schedule would be nice.

Plans have to be made pretty soon and hotels in the close area are starting to become cost prohibitive especially as it"s Easter.

Yeah good point Paulie.. I like to get all my hotels booked ASAP aswell so a heads up on confirmed dates would be most great fully received x
2011 Bronze medal in Omaha online WCOAP
2012 ECOAP Main Event Champion and Gold Medalist
2012 ECOAP Player of Series winner
2012 UK Amateur Champion
WCOAP Gold Medalist and Bracelet winner Team England
S7 WCOAP Bronze medal Antes only
Bronze Shoot out WCOAP

siberiankhatru

• Bronze Member
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2013, 16:18:08 PM »

How is this coming?

I second this, it would be good to know the finalised schedule in the near future for the reasons above.

"You do an awfully good impression of yourself"

fandango

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • "it was suited"
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2013, 16:00:14 PM »

Regards,

Leigh

Haha I see your cunning wording Leigh was that " before Christmas 2013"  ;D

Having secured my ME seat via added value  :D, I would now like to bink some side event buy ins via satts.. any news please?

Sngs and MTT in the relative format to side event seat would be a nice change, maybe not HORSE as I don"t know if BOSS has this as yet?  But def Stud and PLO  dunno about HU?
2011 Bronze medal in Omaha online WCOAP
2012 ECOAP Main Event Champion and Gold Medalist
2012 ECOAP Player of Series winner
2012 UK Amateur Champion
WCOAP Gold Medalist and Bracelet winner Team England
S7 WCOAP Bronze medal Antes only
Bronze Shoot out WCOAP

Robbiebox

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2013, 10:06:57 AM »
Similarly we have a Furness Poker Squad coming for some drinks and maybe a game of cards thrown in and need to book our w/end villa asap.

Decision we have to make is regarding the Thursday STUD. It is a working day so an afternoon start will be difficult for several, will this be a 6pm start like ECOAP was, I think?
2010 WCOAP HORSE Silver
2011 WCOAP STUD Gold
2011 WCOAP Online OMAHA HI/Lo Gold
2012 GUKPT Bolton PLO Champion
2014 WCOAP OMAHA HI/LO Silver
2018 WCOAP TRIPLE STUD Gold
2019 The COUNTIES Gold