Author Topic: Above the weighted average  (Read 85114 times)

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • I wish I was as good as someone better than me!
Re: Above the weighted average
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2012, 14:23:02 PM »
Managed to take down the PLO leg of the APAT Bunch of Fives last night, trampling on a few toes on the way (AJD will already be typing as he reads this ;D) so that was fun. Getting beaten up on Stars most of the time in $8r PLO but did manage 7th twice for about £150 each time.

Really looking forward to Captaining England A in the APAT Home International Championships in Stoke in 11 days time, should be fun and it will be great to meet up with the best people in the world, outside my family obv., once again. :-* :-*

Fandango has promised a few surprises for Stoke, so looking forward to seeing what that will bring :o :o

p.s. Actually managed to beats Rob Swindells at Song Pop National Anthems  :D
APAT Season 6 statistics
APAT Live Events 8, Attended 8, Final Tables 0, Cashes 0, Ranking Points 0, Having a word with myself 1.

mousebob

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2012, 17:58:28 PM »
My toes were well & truly trampled.  :"(
The harder I work,
The luckier I get.

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2012, 17:28:51 PM »
Has it been 3 weeks since my last post, blimey!

Well I thoroughly enjoyed Captaining England A in the Home Internationals in Stoke at the end of November, but sadly things conspired against the team in a few sopts and we finished 5th, so didn"t get a shot at the medals which was a shame for all concerned. Carl obviously was incenced at this and took it out on everyone in the ME and did his 2nd win of the season. WOW just WOW :o

Still troubled by my shoulder which I injured when I feel over in Portugal and it seems as though I may have partially dislocated it. This can take up to 16 weeks to heal, magic :"( :"( :"(

Off to G Luton tomorrow for day 1A of the Xmas Cracker £100 tourney which should be fun.

Ger and Paulie are off the Vegas in 10 days or so and I wish them a great trip.

If I don"t post on here beforehand, I wish everyone a very Merry Chrimbo and a wonderful 2013.  :-* :-*
APAT Season 6 statistics
APAT Live Events 8, Attended 8, Final Tables 0, Cashes 0, Ranking Points 0, Having a word with myself 1.

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2012, 14:29:04 PM »
Went to G Luton last night for day 1a of the Xmas Cracker, which is £100 + £10, 25k deepstack, with 40 min clock and a long structure.

Got off to a steady start but then lost a 12k pot when  Jd  Js got beaten by a rivered straight. Got back to around the 25k starting stack and then the table broke and got moved to table 1, where there were a couple of big stacks.

Mangaged to win a few pots here and there and then this hand came along.

I am BB with a stack of about 60k and have  Kc Kd. Blinds are 200/400/50 and UTG opens for 1050. We get a caller and then the SB raises to 8k. I am a little wary of the flat from the short stack (22kish) and also the SB raise as I know she is a good player. I decide to min raise to 16k, just in case she has aces. I not worried about the shortstack as it"s not much more to call him anyway.

UTG folds and then the limper shoves for another 20k or so. The SB calls his bet, so I assume that if she has aces she shoves here to isolate. So I shove, leaving her 52k to call. She has a mahoosive dwell up and after abuot 5 mins she calls and shows  Qd Qc. The shortstack shows    Ad A s.

Flop comes  Ac  Jh  6d turn  2s river  7d. So the short stack triples up to 75k, and I win the side pot of 104k.  ;D

She knows the shorty had aces and hoped I didn"t have Kings, ooooops.

The this hand comes along about 10 mins later blinds are still 200/400/50

In mid position, I have Kh Qh.

We have 2 limpers and I come along obv., as does the guy to my left. It gets folded to the BB who raises to 1500. The 2 limpers call as do I and so does the guy to my left.

Flop comes  Ks  Kd 4d.

BB bets 4200. Both limpers fold, I call and so does the guy on my left. Turn   9d. BB goes a bit squiffy, smiles a bit, grimaces a bit and says he is confused. He bet 3k. REALLY!!!!

I am pretty sure he has the flush, but for 3k I call and so does the guy on my left.

River  Qc. Yahtzee!!!!

BB bets 9k leaving 26k behind, desperate hoping one of us will raise. I pretend to be confused, and I grimace and scratch my head. I say I am confused so I min raise trying to induce him to shove. The guy to my left folds on the BB duly obliges, I call and annouce Nutz!. He looks stunned as he assumes I have the flush.

He shows  9h 9s for and Full house of 9"s over Kings.

I have never seen a guy with a look of "Jeez, I really screwed that one up" on his faces, quite so clearly. oooops :o

That pot of 55k has me upto 150k+ and I end the day with 144k. Blinds on Sunday will be 1k/2k/200 s I have some wriggle room. What could possible go wrong!!!!!!!!!
APAT Season 6 statistics

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2012, 10:45:54 AM »
G Luton day 2 of Xmas cracker. Started day with 144k chips and at first break am up to 200k. Average is about 85k. Blinds are now 1500/3000/300.

Break at end level 14. Have 135,000 chips. 2 hands of note. Have  Kd Kc in sb. Short stack shoves from mid position, folds to me and I shove as BB only has 30k behind.

Shover shows  Qh  Jc. Flop  4h  Js  10h. Turn  Jh river  3s, down to 170k.

Then call a raise from BB with Ah  8h. Flop comes  Jh  Js  Qh .

I check, he bets 11k, I call. Turn  A s.

I bet 22k he calls. River  Kd.

I check. He bets 16k. I call but don"t like it and he shows  10c  10d for a rivered straight....FFS.

39 left with 22 getting paid and now have av. Stack.

Get moved to table 1 with 140k into seat 3.

Blinds are now 4000/8000/1k. We have 3 guys with 350k+ on here. 32 left, 22 paid.

Basically get nothing to play for about 45 mins. Then get  7h  7s utg, but BB, in seat 2, has already stated he is all in for another 20k, so I pass as have the 3 big stacks immediately to my left. Seat 10 shoves his 120k with  A s  7c. Seat 1 passes and seat 2 is all in with  Ad   8d, both miss and seat 2 doubles up.

It goes around a few times with seat 10 shoving all in 3 times. We all know he"s at it, but no-one seems keen to defend.

I get  Ac  Kc in the BB. It fold to seat 8 who limps in, seat 9 folds and seat 10 shoves again for 140k.

Seat 2 shoves his remaining 65k, and I shove my remaining 120k (blinds are about to go 5k/10k/1k.

It folds to seat 8 who has a monster dwell up, but then folds showing  Jc  Jh.

Seat 10 says you must be in front and shows  Ah  Js. Seat 2 has  Qs  Qh.

So I am flipping with seat 10, for a 275k pot (av 130k), who has 1 out or runner, runner, runner for a straight.

Flop comes  Qc  7d    3h, turn  Ad, river  Jd.

APAT Season 6 statistics

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2012, 11:04:38 AM »
Wow, what an interesting blog thread.   ;)

(Appeared on my unread posts, don"t know how, but it did)

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2012, 12:50:25 PM »

Wow, what an interesting blog thread.   ;)

(Appeared on my unread posts, don"t know how, but it did)

Odd
APAT Season 6 statistics

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2012, 12:54:13 PM »
Let"s do a test.

If you have read this blog today, please post.

(This could obviously be quite embarassing if no one replies Rich  ;) )

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2012, 12:55:57 PM »

Let"s do a test.

If you have read this blog today, please post.

(This could obviously be quite embarassing if no one replies Rich  ;) )

I have a few times to see if logging out and then in again makes any difference, but no.
APAT Season 6 statistics

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2012, 15:21:32 PM »
I have today, Cos I could   ;D

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2012, 15:31:58 PM »
Read x
Winner of 1 gold, 2 silver & 1 bronze medals.
Proud member of team England '11 & '12 (Home Internationals) & team APAT  '11

Now pretty much poker retired, but available to help feed / sub the APAT server hamsters now & again.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=101148

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2012, 15:37:13 PM »
"Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."

ian.ski309

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: December 17, 2012, 16:12:33 PM »
Read.
APAT European Team Championships 2009 - Gold Medal

"The gambling known as business looks with austere disfavor upon the business known as gambling." - Ambrose Pierce

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #58 on: December 17, 2012, 17:38:24 PM »
Well, that"s me convinced.  Nothing wrong with the forum software  ::)

dwh103

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @dwh103
« Reply #59 on: December 17, 2012, 18:04:22 PM »
Didn"t update for me either?!

Only kidding.
TEAM GOTHAM (Batman)

http://twitter.com/dwh103

Won some stuff too long ago for it to stay on a signature.