Author Topic: Above the weighted average  (Read 85076 times)

AceOnTheRiver

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: Above the weighted average
« Reply #135 on: February 06, 2013, 22:43:35 PM »
These little set backs are annoying especially when it"s someone else"s fault... your still well on target mate :)
@jpround on Twitter
Views are my own
"Do not protect yourself by a fence, but rather by your friends" Czech Proverb
"Where you find beer, you find good life" Another Czech Proverb

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • I wish I was as good as someone better than me!
« Reply #136 on: February 13, 2013, 10:06:13 AM »
Well today is my son Will"s 21st. Jeez where did that time go. :o :o :o

I remember the day he was born pretty clearly considering the excitement, particularly the fish n" chips out of newspaper I had for lunch (none of that today obv.) and Debbie"s waters breaking all over my new trainers later that afternoon ::) ::)

He arrived at 19.28 (just in time for Eastenders) after 19 1/2 hours in labour and has been a fantastic son (most of the time) all things considered.

So I got up early to wish him Happy Birthday and to go to fat fighters this morning rather than this evening, as we are have a bit of a do tonight, and another 3 lbs has disappeared somewhere, so that"s 23 lbs in total, and still on course for DTD.

I"m very pleased to see the continued support for the Bakers Dozen league and hope that we can donate an additional £400 or so to Muscular Dystrophy at it"s conclusion in 6 weeks time.

Oh yes, and I"m winning, is that bad?????? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
APAT Season 6 statistics
APAT Live Events 8, Attended 8, Final Tables 0, Cashes 0, Ranking Points 0, Having a word with myself 1.

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #137 on: February 20, 2013, 02:19:13 AM »
Had to go and see the consultant about the scan on my left shoulder yesterday and the news is pretty grim.

Basically I have torn the tendon known as the rotator cuff off of the top of my shoulder. It"s a little like when someone snaps their achilles tendon. It is now flapping around inside the shoulder joint.

The op is a very complicated one involving micro surgery to try and re-attach the tendon by way of grafting pins into the shoulder bone as an anchor and then trying to attached the tendon to them, but success is by no means a certainty. If he can"t do that, he will have to shave the top of the shoulder bone to allow more space for the shoulder joint to move in it"s now lesser supported way.

The post op re- hab is a nightmare.

First 6 weeks in a sling. No driving, no lifting, no showers  :o in fact no lateral movement at all.
Second 6 weeks in a sling. No driving, no lifting, but some very minimal lateral movement can be attempted.
Weeks 13 to 24. some light physio, some driving, no lifting, but showering should be OK. (phew or should it be poo :D)
Weeks 24- 44 light exercise building up to restore the muscle strength.

So basically 10 months should see it repaired...................POSSIBLY!!!!!!!!!

He said if you had to choose an op to have which didn"t involve a vital organ, this would pretty much be the last one you should choose. Lucky me.

He"s given me March 1st as a date but I can"t do DTD in that state, so it looks likely to be April 14th.

APAT Season 6 statistics
APAT Live Events 8, Attended 8, Final Tables 0, Cashes 0, Ranking Points 0, Having a word with myself 1.

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #138 on: February 20, 2013, 08:27:02 AM »
Happy belated Birthday Curly Jr.!!!

Well done on all the weight loss.  You"re flying it!   :)

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #139 on: February 20, 2013, 13:52:04 PM »

Had to go and see the consultant about the scan on my left shoulder yesterday and the news is pretty grim.

Basically I have torn the tendon known as the rotator cuff off of the top of my shoulder. It"s a little like when someone snaps their achilles tendon. It is now flapping around inside the shoulder joint.

The op is a very complicated one involving micro surgery to try and re-attach the tendon by way of grafting pins into the shoulder bone as an anchor and then trying to attached the tendon to them, but success is by no means a certainty. If he can"t do that, he will have to shave the top of the shoulder bone to allow more space for the shoulder joint to move in it"s now lesser supported way.

First 6 weeks in a sling. No driving, no lifting, no showers  :o in fact no lateral movement at all.
Second 6 weeks in a sling. No driving, no lifting, but some very minimal lateral movement can be attempted.
Weeks 13 to 24. some light physio, some driving, no lifting, but showering should be OK. (phew or should it be poo :D)

So basically 10 months should see it repaired...................POSSIBLY!!!!!!!!!

He said if you had to choose an op to have which didn"t involve a vital organ, this would pretty much be the last one you should choose. Lucky me.

He"s given me March 1st as a date but I can"t do DTD in that state, so it looks likely to be April 14th.

Ouch, doesn"t sound a lot of fun Rich, chin up!
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #140 on: February 20, 2013, 14:13:19 PM »

Ouch, doesn"t sound a lot of fun Rich, chin up!

Which one ;)
APAT Season 6 statistics

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #141 on: February 20, 2013, 14:15:18 PM »
Damn shame about the shoulder  >:(

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #142 on: February 20, 2013, 20:18:38 PM »
Back from Fat Fighters week 7 weigh-in, and another 3 lbs lost, so that"s 26 in total, and still on target with 5 weeks to go before DTD and 10 lbs needed to avoid the forfeit. ;D

Along with his royal moustachiness (Ger, 7th to 15th), have booked Vegas in November from 7th to 23rd, so that will be nice.

Have decided (I think) to have the shoulder op after DTD on April 14th, so it should be well on the mend come Vegas time.

Gonna be sh1te through the summer, but Ashes cricket after a tour by New Zealand, should soften the blow a bit.
APAT Season 6 statistics

Cyntaf

• Platinum Member
« Reply #143 on: February 21, 2013, 14:30:41 PM »
Well done Rich, could you post a photograph of yourself so that i can recognise you when i get to DTD please. ;D ;D

Sorry about the shoulder, i suggest to use it for glass lifting before the said op.

C U there :)
Team Cymru Captain Apat World Team champions 2010 + 2011

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #144 on: February 21, 2013, 15:43:05 PM »

Well done Rich, could you post a photograph of yourself so that i can recognise you when i get to DTD please. ;D ;D

Sorry about the shoulder, i suggest to use it for glass lifting before the said op.

C U there :)
[/quote

That"s the plan mate, and it"ll be good to see you again :-*
APAT Season 6 statistics

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #145 on: February 27, 2013, 20:54:43 PM »
Just back from Fat Fighters week 8 and another 3 lbs gone so that"s 29 in total ;D

#whosthatthinchapoverthere  :D

p.s. no-one has even noticed a change yet

#prollyshouldadonethisabouttenyearsago  ;)
APAT Season 6 statistics

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
« Reply #146 on: February 27, 2013, 21:15:55 PM »
Well done Curly, keep it up.

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #147 on: February 27, 2013, 22:00:05 PM »
Fantastic Curly!

To put it into perspective.. 29lbs? you"ve basically lost one of these so far..

Great effort fella keep it up x
Winner of 1 gold, 2 silver & 1 bronze medals.
Proud member of team England '11 & '12 (Home Internationals) & team APAT  '11

Now pretty much poker retired, but available to help feed / sub the APAT server hamsters now & again.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=101148

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #148 on: February 27, 2013, 23:00:20 PM »

Fantastic Curly!

To put it into perspective.. 29lbs? you"ve basically lost one of these so far..

Great effort fella keep it up x

ooooh I could eat that now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks guys  :-* :-*
APAT Season 6 statistics

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #149 on: February 28, 2013, 09:50:49 AM »
Does this mean he"s no longer a fish?