Author Topic: Above the weighted average  (Read 85095 times)

ian.ski309

• Gold Member
Re: Above the weighted average
« Reply #165 on: March 26, 2013, 14:35:15 PM »
Thanks guys, It"s Guinness O"clock all weekend long that"s for sure ;D

You deserve better than that Rich, stick a port in it  ;)
APAT European Team Championships 2009 - Gold Medal

"The gambling known as business looks with austere disfavor upon the business known as gambling." - Ambrose Pierce

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • I wish I was as good as someone better than me!
« Reply #166 on: April 03, 2013, 16:15:55 PM »
Well had a great time at DTD with the best people in the world. Had my socks cuddled off by the Buxom Cockney Wench, as well as Lucy, Jojo, Shazza, Phil, Debjani and Sooooz, which was most agreeable.

Playing wise it was ****e, so we"ll move on.

I had the privilege of being asked to chair the APAT Awards nominations committee for season 6, (thanks to those who assisted on the committee) and was then asked to MC the ceremony on Saturday evening, which was great fun, particularly as some many closest friends were the winners this time round. I have to say that "getting" Paulie was a great thrill, as he had absolutely no idea about his Hall of Fame induction. ;D

As promised it was Guinness o"clock for most of the weekend, except they ran out on Sunday, so I switched to Bulmers.

Couple that with an unusually healthy liking for the DTD Club Sandwich and it came as no surprise that the scales showed a +ev of 6 on Tuesday morning, but I think I deserved it after 3 months.

Anyway, back on it now, but the shoulder op looms large, and is now on April 19th. Head down feed the winger.

This prolly means I"ll miss most of season 7, as the recovery time is 6 months plus, but hopefully if things go well I might make the odd appearance.

I"m hoping to run another league running from the end of April until the ECOAP (presumably at the end of August), so around 14 weeks, with the possibility of some other games as well as NLHE to juice things up a little.

Thanks to all of those that tooks part in the Bakers Dozen, it was great fun, and to all of you that made my WCOAP so enjoyable. Luv ya all  :-*  :-* :-*
APAT Season 6 statistics
APAT Live Events 8, Attended 8, Final Tables 0, Cashes 0, Ranking Points 0, Having a word with myself 1.

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #167 on: April 20, 2013, 19:15:02 PM »
Well this morning arose in a bit of a haze for me as the anesthetic was still doin" it"s stuff after last nights op.

Went to see a new consultant on Tuesday, for a second opinion, who suggested that the full op might be a bit of a waste of time and an awful lot of agro and inconvenience to boot, as around 30% re-occur within 2 years. He suggested that I have the "bone trimer" instead to try an reduce the discomfort, news which I was glad to hear tbh.

Anyway long story and all that, this is what he did yesterday, along with removing some arthritic shoulder bone that he found as well.

When I came round, I had a fair amount of pain in the shoulder which was not planned for as I had had a "block" injection prior to the op. which was supposed to mask the pain post op. So I ended up being dosed up with morphine which sent me a bit (more) do-lally for the next few hours.

Was awake most of the night watching re-runs of the 2008 WSOP ME and after breakfast the "physio-fuhrer" put me through a bit of organised torture to try and loosen things up a bit. GG WP shoulder.

Got discharged around 10.30 and slumped into a comfy chair for some zeds when I got home.

The major benefit is that I don"t need the sling now, can drive/shower/move about fairly freely although sleeping in bed might be a challenge tonight, we"ll see.

Lots of self-physio (no not that!!) to come to hopefully get things back to near normal over the next month of so.

This means that I will prolly be able to go the most APAT events including Wembley gig in S7.

memo to self :- try and score at least 1 point this season. :o
APAT Season 6 statistics
APAT Live Events 8, Attended 8, Final Tables 0, Cashes 0, Ranking Points 0, Having a word with myself 1.

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #168 on: April 20, 2013, 19:44:59 PM »
Good news, you"ll be fighting fit in no time  ;D

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #169 on: April 20, 2013, 19:51:01 PM »
YAY!!!  Glad it wasn"t as bad as you"d expected. Speedy recovery   :D

HOLDorFOLD

• Gold Member
« Reply #170 on: April 20, 2013, 20:04:39 PM »
Glad to hear the post op recovery isn"t going to be as draining now.

With regards to the sleeping .... have you thught about getting one of those big bean bags and sor of sleep in a curved sitting up position on the bed?  When I had my pelvis probs all those years ago and couldn"t move, sleeping was horrible ... so got one of those bean bags and had it in the corner of the bed (you need something by the side of the bed too to keep the bean bag in position ... I had my wardrobe put there) ... and voila I was able to sleep really well after that.

Now ... this self physio you talk of  :P
Skype/MSN  Holdyfoldy@hotmail.co.uk

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #171 on: April 20, 2013, 20:18:42 PM »
Thats great news Mr C :) Roll on S7 and beers at Wembley :) x
Winner of 1 gold, 2 silver & 1 bronze medals.
Proud member of team England '11 & '12 (Home Internationals) & team APAT  '11

Now pretty much poker retired, but available to help feed / sub the APAT server hamsters now & again.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=101148

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #172 on: April 20, 2013, 21:49:28 PM »
Run good much ?

Great news Mr Baker, we"ll see you at Wembley then.

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #173 on: April 20, 2013, 22:21:15 PM »
Yhanks for the kind words guys, and thanks for the bean bag idea mich :-*. We do have one and I"ll deffo give it a try. Might help with the self-physio as well  ;D :o
APAT Season 6 statistics

Logie66

• Gold Member
  • The Digicel Girls !
    • Logie On Tour Website
« Reply #174 on: April 20, 2013, 23:26:11 PM »
Glad to hear all has gone well Rich, positive that the recovery is less complicated and that you"ll be able to do things reasonably normally.
North London Poker Club
APAT Caribbean Poker Club
APAT South African Poker Club

http://www.logieontour.co.uk

Luthee13

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #175 on: April 20, 2013, 23:41:24 PM »
Can you still give hugs?!

Glad it all went well for you :D

xxx
Raise! For Jack - Silver Medallists 2019!

Bigfella42

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
  • Vague memories of being in Vegas
« Reply #176 on: April 21, 2013, 10:57:41 AM »
Pleased to hear it all went well Rich. See you at Wembley.
APAT Scotland runner up 2008
APAT Sotland final table 2009
If it's not in Scotland you can forget it!

HOLDorFOLD

• Gold Member
« Reply #177 on: April 21, 2013, 17:14:16 PM »

xxx

This is the only important question and we need an answer soon please. Not a Des soon, but a now soon!

:-* :-*
Skype/MSN  Holdyfoldy@hotmail.co.uk

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #178 on: April 21, 2013, 17:32:18 PM »

xxx

This is the only important question and we need an answer soon please. Not a Des soon, but a now soon!

:-* :-*

I can report that the shoulder, and the rest of my ample figure, is available for hugging with immediate effect ;D

Please feel free to take full advantage of this situation  :-* :-*
APAT Season 6 statistics

amcgrath1uk

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #179 on: April 21, 2013, 18:58:16 PM »
Great news Rich :)

Season 6 Online Ranking Winner
Season 6 UK Online Winner
Season 6 Member of the winning England team at the WCOAP
Season 6 Member of the England 'B' team, bronze medallists at the Home Internationals
Seasons 10 WCOAP Player of the series
WCOAP 8 game champ
WCOAP turbo champ
WCOAP Pineapple 2n