Author Topic: Above the weighted average  (Read 85079 times)

Quasar

• Gold Member
Re: Above the weighted average
« Reply #180 on: April 22, 2013, 00:34:19 AM »

Glad to hear all has gone well Curly xxx

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • I wish I was as good as someone better than me!
« Reply #181 on: April 22, 2013, 01:08:24 AM »

Glad to hear all has gone well Curly xxx

:-* :-*
APAT Season 6 statistics
APAT Live Events 8, Attended 8, Final Tables 0, Cashes 0, Ranking Points 0, Having a word with myself 1.

josharp01

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #182 on: April 22, 2013, 10:18:46 AM »

Can you still give hugs?!

Glad it all went well for you :D

xxx

This is the only important question and we need an answer soon please. Not a Des soon, but a now soon!

:-* :-*

I can report that the shoulder, and the rest of my ample figure, is available for hugging with immediate effect ;D

Please feel free to take full advantage of this situation  :-* :-*

Phew, panic over! ;)

Glad all went well, take it easy and get fit for Wembley! xx
2013 WCOAP Razz Champion "Jangle Jangle" :)

Proud Captain of Scotland "A" team-Home Int Champs 2012 :)

Captain of S6 East of England Team :)
APAT UK Online Champion 2011
Proud member of former Team Luton :D
NinjaJoJo on APAT Poker

fandango

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • "it was suited"
« Reply #183 on: April 22, 2013, 12:05:25 PM »
Echo all that"s been said mate.. Great news!! xx
2011 Bronze medal in Omaha online WCOAP
2012 ECOAP Main Event Champion and Gold Medalist
2012 ECOAP Player of Series winner
2012 UK Amateur Champion
WCOAP Gold Medalist and Bracelet winner Team England
S7 WCOAP Bronze medal Antes only
Bronze Shoot out WCOAP

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #184 on: June 07, 2013, 23:59:40 PM »
Wow, just realised it"s been six weeks since my last post here  ???

Well what"s happened since then, then.

Shoulder is getting better day by day and I saw the consultant 10 days ago who seems to be happier with it than I am, but hey ho. Will start a physio program next Friday so hopefully things will improve still further.

Have continued my 3 year "run bad" streak, which is really great, (NOT) with another suck-out at The Genting Luton Deepstack event in May, when I call a 32BB shove of 157k, following my 2.4bb raise to 12k, (I have 130k) from the lunatic on my left.

This is the 3rd time he has done this, in the first 40 minutes of day 2, and I have 10c  10d, and I just know he"s weak. He visibly hates my call and tables  Ah  9s.(WTF!!!)

The flop comes  A s  4c  7d, turn  Ac, river  9d for the boat on the river  :"(

I leave in a foul mood once again and hope that my fortune will change when Wembley arrives in a couple of weeks time.

And so the ISPT arrives last weekend and with the APAT Masters.

A small group of intrepid Apaters met up at The Ethorpe Hotel in Gerrards Cross on the Friday night for a few liveners, and enjoyed these in our usual quiet manner. Glenn, Delboy, Joe, Susiepea, Phil Hertel and myself were quite restrained really and when Saturday dawned, we were all raring to go.

A mini-bus had been arranged and all were collected, along with Gareth from Cardiff, and off we went.

The excitement was clear for all to see as we walked up Wembley Way and into the stadium.

After a bit of faffing about we were in and walked out into sunshine and a view that most will remember for a very long time. What a magnificent job DTD had done, along with the sponsors and contractors, in creating a poker theatre that most can only dream of. It was superb.

The Apat event was to be held in the Cryuff "Pod" (all named after famous players) at 1.30pm and as the clock ticked down we made our way onto the pitch and over to the tables.

Sadly there were a few no-shows , but excitement remained high, fuelled by glimpses of Sam Trickett, DevilFish, Marcel Luske, Liz Lui et al who were playing in the ISPT Main Event just yards away.

Things started steadily and I chipped up to 20k after about 3 levels.

We were then joined by an Italian guy on my immediate right, who shoved all in on his first hand showing  Jd  6s after everyone had folded. The, until then, fairly friendly atmosphere, chilled noticeably over the next hour.

Our continental cousin seemed intent on upsetting the apple-cart at every opportunity, and with the blinds at 300/600 just flatted my raise from the cut-off, of 1250. I  holding   Ad  Ks.

The flop comes  A s   8h  5c. I c-bet, after his check, to 2800 expecting to take it down there and then, but he calls.

The turn brings  Ah and he checks again.

I think I must be good and bet 5600 and again he calls.

The river is  5h and he insta shoves his remaining 25k, which I snap with a full house. He tosses his cards in the air and says "good call" and walks off  :o :o :o :o :o

I didn"t actually see his cards land on the table but Pete Wigglesworth said he had  7s  4s for a busted gut shot straight.

I am up to 38k. :o :o :o :o :o

All I could say was, "WTF did he think I had?"

Our table breaks soon after and I get moved to a table where I don"t know anyone. Things here are very different.

A couple of 50k plus stacks are trying to out-testosterone each other and spots are hard to come by.

Around level 10, I have 25k left with blinds at 400/800/100, I find  Ac  Kh on the button. UTG has min raised to 1600 and utg + 1 has 3 bet to 3900. Then utg + 2 4 bet shoves all in for his remaining 8.7k. It folds to me. I need to decide if I can make the raises fold with a shove or not, but as they had both been fairly busy, I decided I probably could. Even if they didn"t I wasn"t in that badder shape.

utg + 1 insta folds, but utg + 2 ( a really nice guy from Belgium is not so ready to throw in the towel) tanks for ages, but eventually folds showing   Ad  Qs (fold quicker jerk, I think to myself).

The short-stack looks un happy and shows  Ah  10s, so I am in great shape.

Flop comes  7c  5s  2h turn  Js river  10h.    FFFFFFFFFFSSSSSSSSSS >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

back down to 12k.

As we get deep into the final level of the day, Kevin O"Hanlon is now on my right and he has opened to 4k. Once again I have  Ac  Kd and I shove my remaining 9k over the line. Phil Hertel insta calls me and it folds back to Kevin who also folds.

Phil shows  Ah   Qc which I am pleased about but very surprised by given the time of day and the call being 40% of his stack.

The flop obv. comes Q high and I get no help. ONE DAY, ONE DAY  :"( :"( :"(

I am very happy with my play and could have done little more, but it still hurts yet again.

Still Leigh and Matt ore going very well in the ISPT and Glenn, Phil TC and Susiepea are back for day 2 so the team is doing OK after all.
APAT Season 6 statistics
APAT Live Events 8, Attended 8, Final Tables 0, Cashes 0, Ranking Points 0, Having a word with myself 1.

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #185 on: June 08, 2013, 00:34:25 AM »
bloody hell rich, that was a sobering read. You seem to be getting money good in most spots here. To be fair, live volume is so low that a 3 year "run bad" streak is pretty normal.

My only advice is to embrace it and keep enjoying the game.

As for the Masters hand, the call off with AQ is pretty standard. You should be stacking off with a small range there and it seems Phil was too short to be passing that spot up.
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #186 on: July 08, 2013, 06:01:46 AM »
Hmmmmm.......I find myself in an unusual place this morning.

For years now I have (tongue in cheekily) berated the Scots for their preseeved lack of sporting prowess in the major arenas of the world.

Well yesterday I found myself quite emotional at Mr. Murray"s superb triumph at Wimbledon.

Now I"m not quite sure why I got that way, as I absolutely hate tennis, but I deduce that it is the British Bulldog spirit that I hold so dear, particularly in sporting circles.

Then I got to thinking of how strong it must be for me, yes me, to cheer on a Scotsman!!!!!!

I then started to recall if this had happened before, and to my horror (tongue still firmly in cheek) I found that it had.

I recalled staying up most of the night earlier this year to watch said Mr. Murray win the US Open for the first time. I remember cheering, shouting and jumping up and down at Sir Chris Hoy"s heroics at last summers Olympics. I also recalled screaming with joy when Monty beat Scott Hoch on the 18th green at Valderrama in 1997 to win the Ryder Cup for Europe.

I even watched Rhona what"s her name, shoving stones along and icy bowling alley at the winter Olympics a few years back.

So, and this is for ONE DAY ONLY, stand proud Scotland, at last I am prepared to salute you. (Just for today mind).

Lets hope they don"t start playing football north of the border.

Normal service will be resumed tomorrow on the eve of the greatest sporting event in the world, The Ashes. ( and there won"t be a Scotsman in sight). Feeling better already :))))))))
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 10:53:24 AM by Curlarge »
APAT Season 6 statistics

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #187 on: August 07, 2013, 12:12:48 PM »
Well what a marvellous month we have just had.

The weather was magic for the most part and England have just retained the ashes at a canter after just 3 tests. Had great day at Lords with Don Logan (logie66), Omar Khan (munty x) and Frank Moszkal (tvp99) watching the boys pants the convicts into submission to go 2-0 up, marv. Really cant think of a better way to spend a day, watching England trounce the Aussies with 2 of your mates!!!! ;D ;D

And then it was onto Cardeefffff for PhilTC"s stag do/APAT Welsh open.

It started in a strange way. As we approached the bridge there was a sign saying cars £6.20. Fair enough I thought. So I got the £3.80 out of my pocket to give the lady change of a tenner, and then, to my horror, she said I had to pay her, when all the time I"d assumed that they were paying me!!!! ;)

Poker wise I ran like a dog all weekend, the end.

Drank like a fish, had a hangover, and that was just Friday!!!

rinse repeat for Saturday. Slept like a baby.

Was a great weekend with the best people in the world, I love you all.

Only Goliath, DTD, Dublin, Las Vegas and Prague to get through. Oh dear! ;D ;D ;D

p.s. Glasgow will be the first live APAT event I have missed in 4 years (I think thats about 25 in total)  :( :o
APAT Season 6 statistics

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #188 on: August 07, 2013, 13:28:43 PM »
You don"t blog enough   ;)

Had you been drinking on Friday night, or did you mean everything you said ?  

Sue looked quite disinterested, so I wasn"t sure if she was being polite at your ramblings  ;D

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #189 on: August 07, 2013, 14:58:45 PM »

You don"t blog enough   ;)

Had you been drinking on Friday night, or did you mean everything you said ?  

Sue looked quite disinterested, so I wasn"t sure if she was being polite at your ramblings  ;D

What did I say? ::)
APAT Season 6 statistics

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #190 on: August 10, 2013, 15:39:44 PM »
Made day 2 of Genting Luton"s £90 + £10 Summer Deepstack last night with 102,700. Av. is 85k so have 51 bigs when we go back on Sunday at 1k/2k/200. What could possible go wrong :o

The November Vegas trip is building up a fine head of steam with 22 runners and riders now confirmed. This pretty much guarantees a few horror stories for those left back in blighty to enjoy at our expense. ;D

Phil TC has just one more week of freedom before he ties the knot with Lily (or Lilly, obv hedging bets here) and I know we all wish them the most happiness on they special day and future lives together. She has bagged herself on fine bloke there, although she does appear to be a little tall.  ;) ;)

Holdyfoldy has made me laugh more than once this week with tales of plumbers grease and men arriving at 7am for a wash and tumble. Where would we be without her.  :-* :-*

Also good to see that Archie and Fib are keeping Laxie on her toes (no mean feat I hear you cry  :o) with tales of daring do around Jaxie Towers.

Have a good weekend peeps xx
APAT Season 6 statistics

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #191 on: August 10, 2013, 18:45:19 PM »

Made day 2 of Genting Luton"s £90 + £10 Summer Deepstack last night with 102,700. Av. is 85k so have 51 bigs when we go back on Sunday at 1k/2k/200. What could possible go wrong :o

The November Vegas trip is building up a fine head of steam with 22 runners and riders now confirmed. This pretty much guarantees a few horror stories for those left back in blighty to enjoy at our expense. ;D

Phil TC has just one more week of freedom before he ties the knot with Lily (or Lilly, obv hedging bets here) and I know we all wish them the most happiness on they special day and future lives together. She has bagged herself on fine bloke there, although she does appear to be a little tall.  ;) ;)

Holdyfoldy has made me laugh more than once this week with tales of plumbers grease and men arriving at 7am for a wash and tumble. Where would we be without her.  :-* :-*

Also good to see that Archie and Fib are keeping Laxie on her toes (no mean feat I hear you cry  :o) with tales of daring do around Jaxie Towers.

Have a good weekend peeps xx

Lilly :) and thanks mate love you.. but you know that x GL tomorrow fella.. hope you wont be wanting to use that website we talked about afterwards  ;) xx
Winner of 1 gold, 2 silver & 1 bronze medals.
Proud member of team England '11 & '12 (Home Internationals) & team APAT  '11

Now pretty much poker retired, but available to help feed / sub the APAT server hamsters now & again.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=101148

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #192 on: August 10, 2013, 20:22:58 PM »
Much luck tomorrow Curly!  While you"re enjoying day 2 of a poker tourney, I"ll mostly be keeping a close eye on our shoes.   :-*

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #193 on: August 10, 2013, 20:33:27 PM »
Legends ya both xxxxx
APAT Season 6 statistics

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #194 on: August 10, 2013, 20:44:41 PM »
Good luck tomorrow Rich

I feel a Curly bink is on the way
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D