Author Topic: World and European tourneys  (Read 69901 times)

busman

• Bronze Member
    • KAIT
World and European tourneys
« on: June 29, 2007, 22:32:17 PM »
Hi all,

really need to know when/where these are being held and how the entry will be either a click fest or draw.

I need to get leu days put in and need to organise accomodation and travel, as does everyone else.

my job does not accomodate short notice for events, i just asked for a leu day 2mths in advance and it was rejected :"(. so come on guys as much notice as possible please.

i really enjoyed dublin, the structure was great and the card room staff great as was all those who were there. ;D

Poker is like life, some you win some you loose. but never bluff as sooner or later you will be found out.

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
Re: World and European tourneys
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 09:05:25 AM »
My understanding is that there is a contractual element between the APAT and their sponsors in that things are only signed off around 6 weeks (or possibly less) before any event.

I could be wrong (it"s just something I seem to recall hearing).

So, let"s assume that the next event was to be held August Bank Holiday weekend (gosh wouldn"t that be sweeeet?), then the earliest we could hear would be mid-July.

I know that this doesn"t help in your situation but that"s life in poker. On the brighter side, you may be in luck for Season 2....

From speaking to some of the APAT guys, I beleive (again, only what I gathered...not definite), Season 2 could be a lot more set in stone with dates and venues announced well in advance.
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

MAIR

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 10:23:17 AM »
So, let"s assume that the next event was to be held August Bank Holiday weekend (gosh wouldn"t that be sweeeet?), then the earliest we could hear would be mid-July.

According to the Schedule, the next event is in July, World Amateur Poker Championships.

I know the guys are ironing out kinks etc before posting the news of where and when, have to say im getting worried myself as to whether (if i get in) will be able to secure the time away to go.

I have seen Des say that the announcement will be very soon tho so that is good :)

Mary

xx
Mary Kivlin

janc

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007, 12:41:36 PM »
C"mon  Des spill the beans.
Form is temporary, but class is permanent

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 13:53:01 PM »
I don"t mind when it"s played as long as I get a seat!

qs qh
Follow me on twitter:  gb2loose

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2007, 09:37:35 AM »

According to the Schedule, the next event is in July, World Amateur Poker Championships.

I know the guys are ironing out kinks etc before posting the news of where and when, have to say im getting worried myself as to whether (if i get in) will be able to secure the time away to go.

I have seen Des say that the announcement will be very soon tho so that is good :)

Mary

xx

I seem to recall seeing (perhaps on Blonde) someone saying that the Schedule page is a little out of date at the moment.

Personally, I wouldn"t put any any money on July. Des/Tikay & the rest of the APAT team have always tried to give a month"s notice so......I think August is more likely.

[RUMOUR]
If what I have heard around town is anywhere near true (AND THIS IS BASED ON NO DEFINITE OR INSIDE KNOWLEDGE) there MAY be more seats than ever at the next LIVE APAT event.

Probably not enough for some, after all, APAT has more members than it could possibly accomodate under one roof, but more is always good, right?

Negotiations are always ongoing so...don"t go counting any chickens just yet!
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

MAIR

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2007, 11:59:40 AM »
Plenty of "rumours" unfortunately no solid fact, i guess patience will have to be used here until we find out what the schedule is going to be.
Mary Kivlin

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2007, 11:24:33 AM »
Sorry about the apparent delay here folks.  The next set of announcements will need to be coordinated, so unfortunately we will not be able to confirm plans until all the i"s (there are a few!) are dotted.  Soon!

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2007, 12:31:23 PM »

Sorry about the apparent delay here folks.  The next set of announcements will need to be coordinated, so unfortunately we will not be able to confirm plans until all the i"s (there are a few!) are dotted.  Soon!

I"ve heard a rumour that the next event"s round at Des's house.  Free bar and entertainment laid on as well, so I hear.

Looking forward to it...
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

Bodddders

• Gold Member
  • WCOAP Razz Champion 2008
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2007, 13:08:35 PM »
Great news, I hear Des has a mansion so that will take care of the capacity issues. Are you sure about the free bar, surely it will be bring a bottle.
aka - Honeycroft on Blue Sq.
On-Line National Poker League - South London Team Captain

FlyingPig73

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2007, 13:49:13 PM »

So you have got the t"s crossed... Looking forward to the announcement, and I am sure with all the hard work Des and Rich have put in it will be a great event.

I have pre-warned the wife, another weekend away is beckoning....

"You don't fail when you fall down. You fail when you fall down and don't get back up."

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2007, 16:54:06 PM »

Great news, I hear Des has a mansion so that will take care of the capacity issues. Are you sure about the free bar, surely it will be bring a bottle.

No, Des has assured me that he"s buying all the drinks.  He said that it"s the least he can do.

(or words to that effect)
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

HaworthBantam

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2007, 17:35:08 PM »

No, Des has assured me that he"s buying all the drinks.

I presume that the real Des Duffy has been abducted by aliens and a copy installed in his place ?

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2007, 17:58:38 PM »

No, Des has assured me that he"s buying all the drinks.

I presume that the real Des Duffy has been abducted by aliens and a copy installed in his place ?

....Sigh  ::)   I"m such an easy target!

MAIR

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2007, 18:19:28 PM »
rofl excellent
Mary Kivlin