Author Topic: Good Luck Nick Wright  (Read 2726 times)

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
Good Luck Nick Wright
« on: March 02, 2008, 16:04:38 PM »
Nick currently chip leader in Edinburgh- gala poker tour. GL!
Follow me on twitter:  gb2loose

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
Re: Good Luck Nick Wright
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 18:24:05 PM »
Yes indeed, best of luck to Nick; who is now 11th of 23 remaining players in the Gala British Poker Tour main event in Edinburgh with 72k, and to APAT Scottish Champion Phil Starrs who is 13th with 64k.  

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 19:04:45 PM »
Where are you keeping up to date with this Des?

S"OK, found it at http://www.gcbpokertour.com/nc/festivals/edinburgh-gcbpt/gbpt-edinburgh-live-updates.html
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 20:51:08 PM by lukybugur »

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 20:43:20 PM »
Hi Neil, pm sent.

Unfortunatley Phil Starrs has just exited, but Nick remains in the top ten, with 76.5k (the same as World Snooker Champ John Higgins).

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 23:13:39 PM »
Nick has just gone out in 13th place.  Well done to both Nick and Phil on a great showing in Edinburgh.

Donkbox

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2008, 12:33:03 PM »
Only just seen this thread, thanks for the support, I wrote a day one trip report here - www.gambling.co.uk/forums/general-poker-forum/40900-gala-edinburgh-day-1a-trip-report-long.html

day two went well to begin with but from three tables out I just had a horrible table draw which can be so crucial when the blinds get big. I had an aggressive chipped up scandie to my immed left and an even more aggressive/chipped up player to his left and with the shorties to my right open pushing somewhat, i had v.few opportunities to steal pots.

When we got in the money, I planned on sitting back for a bit and letting the shorter stacks go nuts and i didn"t have much choice as an endless stream of 10-3, 9-4 etc came my way. I got lucky with K-J vs A-8 to double back to above 10 blinds, but dribbled again and ended up pushing K-Q utg six handed with about 8.5bb"s and running into A-Q. Was a well run tournament and wasn"t hard to get chips in on day one, just gutted to not final.