Author Topic: Party Poker Premier League - The DevilFish!  (Read 3627 times)

H-Man81

• Silver Member
Party Poker Premier League - The DevilFish!
« on: July 05, 2007, 12:22:59 PM »

Just wondering what people"s views are of the Devlifish on Channel 4"s Premier league poker programme.  I"ve seen all 5 or 6 episodes that have been on so far (thank god for Sky Plus, I mean 2.20 am!!!) and can"t believe what a miserable sour faced b"stard the Devilfish comes across as.  The man obviously has a crazy amount of ability but my god can he not take a beat.  I"m fairly sure he would have punched one of the dealers by now if they hadn"t been woman!  Was not a watcher of Late Night poker back in the day so was just wondering has he always been like this or is Hellmuth just bringing the worst out in him.

waltypies

• Bronze Member
Re: Party Poker Premier League - The DevilFish!
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 12:44:09 PM »
I think you will find its just for the show

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 15:42:47 PM »
Never seen him like this before, it appears that the tv company has played a part in the amount of talking they want to go on and to build up the rivalries. To be fair though im not sure how many players could take the beats he took from hellmuth, Hellmuth all in with 5 7 and flops a str8 and then AA v 99 and he flops a set, sick run of cards hes been having

Phil_Crozier

• Silver Member
  • Knowledge Is The Bomb
    • www.easymoneyimthebigwinner.com
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2007, 19:52:37 PM »
That was the only episode i seen and it was great, hellmuth was so lucky, not only did he bust devilfish"s aces but he doubled through him earlier all in 5 7 flop 4 6 8 i would of been as pissed off as devilfish  ;D ;D
Fold

ThinkerJE

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
  • To be the man you have to beat the man
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2007, 10:39:38 AM »
I had sky +ed this series and have only got round to watching it.  I viewed about 6 episodes back to back and have found it great viewing.  The format is unusual and the players are world class.  I also like that the talk and mind play was left in and showed how the game is played at the top level.  Hellmuth vs Devilfish was brilliant and Tony G taking side insurance bets was something not normally shown on poker TV shows.  I cannot wait for the next episode and it will be interesting to see if the league position influences the play in the later heats.

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2007, 19:47:37 PM »
I think there is more respect between the players than is being portrayed in this series tho