Author Topic: Obsessive and slightly random thoughts  (Read 71294 times)

KarmaDope

• Platinum Member
  • The Groom
    • Blonde Forum
Re: Obsessive and slightly random thoughts
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2013, 11:47:00 AM »
Good god TV adverts have got worse and worse...
[IMG=http://www.vegasmessageboard.com/countdown/countdown.php?c=purple&f=3&y=2013&m=11&d=12&h=18&mi=20&o=0&p=1][/img]

KarmaDope

• Platinum Member
  • The Groom
    • Blonde Forum
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2013, 20:28:33 PM »
Bumping, well, because I can.

New contract is going well but I"m shattered because it"s bloody hard work! Well, I lie, it"s actually an easy job and I could do it from the comfort of my own home but I"m not getting much sleep for some reason (none of them good) so I"m constantly knackered.

Assuming I keep the job until November (the project is due to go-live in June so I don"t know what"s happening after that) then I"m planning a trip to Vegas. Sadly, my dates don"t work with the rest of the APAT lot so it looks like I"ll be going the week afterwards. The important dates for Joobs and I are the 21st and 28th, we really want to be in Vegas on those days so planning 19/11 - 5/12, which would be 16 days.

Not much else going on here - I played one live local comp a couple of weeks ago and cashed for £70 but apart from that I"ve barely played. Too busy watching Dexter, playing myVegas and working!
[IMG=http://www.vegasmessageboard.com/countdown/countdown.php?c=purple&f=3&y=2013&m=11&d=12&h=18&mi=20&o=0&p=1][/img]

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2013, 21:46:59 PM »
19/11

Me and Curlarge will still be in town I think.
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • I wish I was as good as someone better than me!
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2013, 23:07:49 PM »

Bumping, well, because I can.

New contract is going well but I"m shattered because it"s bloody hard work! Well, I lie, it"s actually an easy job and I could do it from the comfort of my own home but I"m not getting much sleep for some reason (none of them good) so I"m constantly knackered.

Assuming I keep the job until November (the project is due to go-live in June so I don"t know what"s happening after that) then I"m planning a trip to Vegas. Sadly, my dates don"t work with the rest of the APAT lot so it looks like I"ll be going the week afterwards. The important dates for Joobs and I are the 21st and 28th, we really want to be in Vegas on those days so planning 19/11 - 5/12, which would be 16 days.

Not much else going on here - I played one live local comp a couple of weeks ago and cashed for £70 but apart from that I"ve barely played. Too busy watching Dexter, playing myVegas and working!

At the moment I am planning to go and see my cousin and his family in Park City on Nov 15th and then come back to Vegas on 18th or 19th. At least you"ll look good in the photos!!!!
APAT Season 6 statistics
APAT Live Events 8, Attended 8, Final Tables 0, Cashes 0, Ranking Points 0, Having a word with myself 1.

amcgrath1uk

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2013, 23:50:33 PM »
If I do end up going this year, it"ll be the same sorta time you"re over ( late November rather than mid), but shall wait and see.

Glad the new job is going well, if tiring ( believe me I know that feeling at the moment!)
Season 6 Online Ranking Winner
Season 6 UK Online Winner
Season 6 Member of the winning England team at the WCOAP
Season 6 Member of the England 'B' team, bronze medallists at the Home Internationals
Seasons 10 WCOAP Player of the series
WCOAP 8 game champ
WCOAP turbo champ
WCOAP Pineapple 2n

KarmaDope

• Platinum Member
  • The Groom
    • Blonde Forum
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2013, 19:04:56 PM »
Awesome, we"ll have to work out who"s still there and grab dinner or something. Oh, Asa, I"ll keep an eye on cheap flights for you.

Decided that I"m gonna pull out of some of the World"s events - probably the Razz and HU. Need to pay off the CC before it gets too late which means I need to find about a grand before April 1st.

KarmaDope

• Platinum Member
  • The Groom
    • Blonde Forum
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2013, 20:44:03 PM »
Paying off the CC was a massive fail.

Sadly, well, gg Vegas. I"m hoping to run a cheaper trip by flying to the East Coast for a day or two then the West Coast. Joobs will just have to fly economy. That way I can do it for a bit less :)

KarmaDope

• Platinum Member
  • The Groom
    • Blonde Forum
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2013, 19:32:56 PM »
Have given up on Vegas this year - mainly because we just can"t commit with contracts. I"m pretty sure that mine will be up in August. If it was just me going for a week with Ger etc then yeah, it could be done, but we just can"t afford two of us.

Well, we could if SOMEONE would fly cattle class like everybody fecking else.

amcgrath1uk

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2013, 20:53:03 PM »
What"s it like to be in awesome batting form?
Season 6 Member of the England 'B' team, bronze medallists at the Home Internationals
WCOAP 8 game champ
WCOAP turbo champ
WCOAP Pineapple 2n

KarmaDope

• Platinum Member
  • The Groom
    • Blonde Forum
« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2013, 21:12:17 PM »
Weird and slightly random. Especially as I have already scored a season high number of runs for me and we"re in the 1st week of May!

amcgrath1uk

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2013, 21:23:51 PM »
I do think me being there helps a little bit :)
WCOAP 8 game champ
WCOAP turbo champ
WCOAP Pineapple 2n

KarmaDope

• Platinum Member
  • The Groom
    • Blonde Forum
« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2013, 21:45:13 PM »
Probably - a shored up batting line up does help a lot - less pressure

amcgrath1uk

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2013, 22:02:59 PM »

Definitely, wonder where we"ll be batting next week!!
WCOAP 8 game champ
WCOAP turbo champ
WCOAP Pineapple 2n

KarmaDope

• Platinum Member
  • The Groom
    • Blonde Forum
« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2013, 17:53:35 PM »

Definitely, wonder where we"ll be batting next week!!

God knows.

I won"t know until Saturday anyway as Guy has already said that he is not attending nets tomorrow lol!

KarmaDope

• Platinum Member
  • The Groom
    • Blonde Forum
« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2013, 23:35:39 PM »
Cricket did not go well today.

The opposition were a club that had transferred into our league last year as their league had folded. Unfortunately for us, the league they were in was a slightly better standard than ours and it showed.

We were all out for 90 and they scored them for the loss of 2 wickets. At least I was able to add another 13 not out to my runs total - and am currently averaging 83!

No Asa with us this week due to his work, but thankfully he is back next week, we need him to shore the batting up!!