Author Topic: Tentative Enquiry.  (Read 50190 times)

Erimus

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
Tentative Enquiry.
« on: December 20, 2012, 01:26:59 AM »
Hi Brian Harland here just wanted to put this out to gauge if any one would interested in the following proposal.

Erimus14 Stars
http://www.officialpokerrankings.com/pokerstars/erimus14/poker/ratings/FAFA1172F4C54931A5BA0C09F4D33A04.html?t=3

Credo7 Full Tilt
http://www.officialpokerrankings.com/fulltiltpoker/Credo7/poker/ratings/000E6B92474144AD8C7DE0EA96CF158A.html?t=3

Starting figures have to be decided, but what I am proposing is as follows

I currently have zero dollars on Full Tilt and it is my intention to deposit a sum of either $300 or $500 around about Jan 10th, the starting amount depends upon this months profit on Stars, Live play and how much I spend over Christmas.

This stake would be over the full year from 10/01/13 to 01/12/13, obviously people could remove their stake at any time, whatever percentage of the bankroll, but would prefer it to run long term, but it would not be a problem to withdraw if someone wanted to.

I am not a grinder and it"s not my intention to play hundreds of game but I will play a minimum of 30 per month, these will include sit n goes and mtts, the stake is only for Full Tilt poker, I normally play on Stars on my own money and I will continue to do so, if I have a bink on Stars I may transfer a bit over from there to full tilt to either boost the roll or replenish it.

I will keep eveyone updated each month on my blog with results of games played, i will check my Sharkscope records and reset the data from the proposed start date, that is usually fairly accurate way to follow progress, I will also put screenshots up of current balances etc, and will be as open as possible regarding this. The reason for this proposal is just to add a bit of focus to my game rather than just grinding away.

I live close to a few Apat stalwarts , Phil Tc, Dave Amos and Stuart Ward and if they see me starting to live the high life drinking champagne down the Bongo, I am sure they would be on my case and let everyone know.

I can"t guarantee a return but you never know, it could be a nice little boost for next Christmas.

I am aware of Apats cut, this can be done on a monthly basis or if they want to let it run for the year either way is fine I will contact the appropriate people if i decide to go ahead with this.

If you are interested in the above just post below, any suggestions or questions again ask below, as I said at the beginning this is a tentative enquiry to gauge interest and is not a definite starter.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 01:32:49 AM by Erimus »

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
Re: Tentative Enquiry.
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 01:37:05 AM »
Brian.. just need to let people know how much you"re selling and if there"s any markup.. and that bongo is the best place in the world.. does it sell champagne? x Either or.. as I"ve said previously I"ll take 20% x
Winner of 1 gold, 2 silver & 1 bronze medals.
Proud member of team England '11 & '12 (Home Internationals) & team APAT  '11

Now pretty much poker retired, but available to help feed / sub the APAT server hamsters now & again.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=101148

mylesfdo

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 02:05:44 AM »
What sort of stakes would u be playing?

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 03:01:55 AM »
20%!!!
England C Captain 2012
World Team Champions England 2013

Erimus

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 04:06:12 AM »
There would be no mark up, my thoughts were I deposited $500, hope to get enough people to make the starting bankroll to $1k, this is what we start with in    January, hopefully by the 1st of December I would have made a profit and all  cash would be refunded dependant upon percentage taken.

So 10% = $50 and 20% = $100, would like to spread it around so max would be 20% per person.

By the way i have never asked for staking before so if I am doing this all wrong any advice would be appreciated.

The first $500 spent would be mine, if I go on a massive downswing and lose the first $ 500, I will stop playing and offer all stakees the option to back out, hopefully this won"t happen but it might.

The stakes I would be playing at first would be low stake mtts and sngs from $5 to $24, obviously the big money is in the mtts so if I cash in a few sngs these would pay for the mtts hopefully get a bink in one of those.

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2012, 06:44:06 AM »
The Bongo seems a nice establishment  ;D

20% please

pokerpops

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2012, 09:42:24 AM »
10% please - $50

For clarity, if you put in $500 and we put in $500 then the total roll is $1000 and that $50 = 5% of the total roll?

The first $500 isn"t yours and if you lose it you haven"t lost all your money, you"ve lost half the total and should definitely continue to play. The purpose of getting the extra roll is to make it more likely that you can keep going to the point where you make the big bink.

Just an old bloke living the dream

Proud to be an APAT Forum Team member 2013
Prouder still of being part of the Raise for Jack team, Silver medalists 2019

Erimus

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2012, 10:51:24 AM »
Yes, the stake would be a percentage of the starting roll whatever that is, agree about the first $ $500, I put this in as a bit of security for people who don"t know me, obviously any one interested and is aware of poker knows this a small punt over a relatively short period of time, and will be aware of the risk ie no return.

Hopefully in one year can at least double everyone"s investment and it pays for a Turkey next year.

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2012, 10:52:46 AM »
20% for me please ($100)

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2012, 11:02:05 AM »
I will have the last 10%
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

adilong1

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2012, 17:39:27 PM »
Sigh, if anyone drops out ill have 10%.  :(
Adi
Co founder of Yorkshire Poker Club on Facebook
Catch me on Twitter: Adicricket1

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2012, 19:55:41 PM »
I would have done 10%.
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

Erimus

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2012, 19:59:18 PM »
Thanks for all the replies so far, I do have a couple more people interested in this,non Apat but they are aware of the small cut Apat would take if we profit.

I didn"t want to put a cap on the starting roll so if anyone still wants to join in its not a problem.

Just because I may have a bigger starting roll doesn"t mean I will play higher I will only play games I am comfortable at, the bigger the starting roll gives us more of a cushion. I can be a bankroll nit and will only play a certain percentage per day/ month.

As said this won"t be starting till mid January, and before I ask for any cash I will lay out a more structured plan so people can make a more informed decision.

If we do start with a higher roll I will ask Phil or Dave to have some sort of access to my account via teamviewer so everything is above board, any member of the team can ask to see the details at any time, I want this to be as open as possible to protect myself and let everyone know this is above board, hopefully after a year we can all get a bit back.

adilong1

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2012, 20:03:21 PM »

Sigh, if anyone drops out ill have 10%.  :(

Put me down for 10% then?  ;D
Adi
Co founder of Yorkshire Poker Club on Facebook
Catch me on Twitter: Adicricket1

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2012, 20:42:27 PM »
John, I will drop to 10% and give you the other 10 if you want mate.
England C Captain 2012
World Team Champions England 2013