Author Topic: Hand from Today, what is best now?  (Read 10463 times)

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: Hand from Today, what is best now?
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2013, 19:55:14 PM »

Does anybody actually fold in this spot?

I"m never folding there. I still think it"s wrong to discount 55 from his range though, and not just because that"s what he showed up with.

The way the hand played, I would discount KK or JJ on the grounds that I hold blockers to both, so both are unlikely.... so all I"m really losing to is 55. If you had discounted 55, then the call is mandatory.

Not folding though.

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2013, 20:52:34 PM »

I"m never folding there. I still think it"s wrong to discount 55 from his range though, and not just because that"s what he showed up with.

The way the hand played, I would discount KK or JJ on the grounds that I hold blockers to both, so both are unlikely.... so all I"m really losing to is 55. If you had discounted 55, then the call is mandatory.

Not folding though.

Call or Shove? I take it to mean shove/get it in?

If you mean call what do you do on the turn?
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2013, 08:44:39 AM »

Not folding though.

Call or Shove? I take it to mean shove/get it in?

If you mean call what do you do on the turn?

Sorry yes, obv getting it in...

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2013, 13:41:21 PM »
Not folding here I don"t think. Played fine.

If sb has cold called with 55 then good luck to him, a pretty awful peel when not closing the action
Looking forward to making my first day 2

s4ooter

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @s4ooter
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2013, 20:00:53 PM »
This ^^^^

Ive been grinding Zoom this month, and the std is terrible.

Couple of things tho, i really wouldnt worry too much about stats until u have ~500 hands on players at Zoom - looking at the stats with less hands will really confuse you.

As for the hand above i dont think you have played it wrong at all.

TBH 55 shouldnt be in his range (altho now we know it is, i hope a nice Green Ring and [N] has been added ;))

Weirdly i think that folding here is fine in an MTT, when there are better spots to be found later and survival is important but in cash i just dont think we can justify a fold.  He can be staking off so much lighter its unreal.

Anywho nice bink, and now i know your SN i can label you on Stars and add a note "Cant fold Top2 vs Obv Set for 143bbs :)"
Team Gotham - The Joker

Serial APAT Underachiever