Author Topic: Event #1 WCOAP World Amateur Team Championship  (Read 41890 times)

Laxie

• Platinum Member
Re: Event #1 WCOAP World Amateur Team Championship
« Reply #105 on: March 25, 2013, 14:52:59 PM »
Thank you Des and fair play to you for trying, whatever the outcome.   :)

Now then...where"s our countdown?  Oh go on...

ONLY 3 MORE SLEEPS!!!  wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii  

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #106 on: March 25, 2013, 14:57:00 PM »
Well we"re tryers if nothing else.  :)

I"ll get on to it this evening.
Email: des@apat.com
Facebook: Des Duffy
Twitter: Des Duffy

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #107 on: March 25, 2013, 15:07:32 PM »

Can"t believe people are whining about the cost of a shirt, most people would be delighted to get the chance just to play in this event!

No one is whining as far as I can see, it"s a valid point being raised by people in a more than reasonable manner. There is no one saying they aren"t going to play, people are just exploring possibilities.

Yeah exploring the possibilities of not having to pay £15!
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

zzBlizzardzz

• Silver Member
« Reply #108 on: March 25, 2013, 15:09:21 PM »
Thanks Deso, much appritiated. Im not bothered either way to be honest. Im just thinking of others who could put the money to better use (Beer). Im sure Laxie is thinking the same. Thanks for looking at it. As I said before Ill pay for my team so if the decition is for the players to buy the shirts then no problem. If the other captains want to take the money out of the prize fund then no issues either. Thanks Des... ;D ;D ;D
Team Canada Captain 2010 Silver Medalists

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #109 on: March 25, 2013, 15:16:17 PM »
Backing up what Dawn and Craig have said here.

Des and APAT always do a great job of keeping their players happy, it reminds me of something I am working on at the moment and I would say APAT give a Noticably Superior Customer Experience.

Thanks as always Des, I am happy with either outcome personally, see ya Thursday.
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

zzBlizzardzz

• Silver Member
« Reply #110 on: March 25, 2013, 15:24:34 PM »
And people wonder why I drink at these things.. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

andrizu

« Reply #111 on: March 25, 2013, 15:26:46 PM »
I think deducting the money from the prize pool is a corking idea.

zzBlizzardzz

• Silver Member
« Reply #112 on: March 25, 2013, 15:29:08 PM »
I wanna know why frankieb has more stars than me but has less posts. Whats up with that?? I assume its likability, thats cool. Whatever.. :"( :"( :"( :"( :"( :"(

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #113 on: March 25, 2013, 15:35:42 PM »
I"m so glad I didn"t run with the idea of team baseball caps in country colours  ;D

fandango

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • "it was suited"
« Reply #114 on: March 25, 2013, 15:39:13 PM »

I wanna know why frankieb has more stars than me but has less posts. Whats up with that?? I assume its likability, thats cool. Whatever.. :"( :"( :"( :"( :"( :"(

Multi accounting?.. Super user account?.. RUNS Better obv  ;D
2011 Bronze medal in Omaha online WCOAP
2012 ECOAP Main Event Champion and Gold Medalist
2012 ECOAP Player of Series winner
2012 UK Amateur Champion
WCOAP Gold Medalist and Bracelet winner Team England
S7 WCOAP Bronze medal Antes only
Bronze Shoot out WCOAP

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #115 on: March 25, 2013, 15:39:58 PM »

I"m so glad I didn"t run with the idea of team baseball caps in country colours  ;D

Now that you mention it...   :D

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #116 on: March 25, 2013, 15:47:31 PM »

Can"t believe people are whining about the cost of a shirt, most people would be delighted to get the chance just to play in this event!

No one is whining as far as I can see, it"s a valid point being raised by people in a more than reasonable manner. There is no one saying they aren"t going to play, people are just exploring possibilities.

Mike, it"s £30, not £15... there are two shirts for £15 each.  I already have that money budgeted and have no problem paying it, however I agree with the points of view raised that this does not need to be an expensive event - and in fact I would have no problem if there were no prize pool at all, as it"s about honour and prestige (and bracelets/medals), not money.

I don"t think anyone is whining about having to pay - perhaps you"re being a little harsh. Some of us have to do what we can to keep costs down to have any chance of attending these festival weeks. It would not be fair for a player to be excluded from this sort of event on the grounds that they could not afford to play it.

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #117 on: March 25, 2013, 15:57:44 PM »

Mike, it"s £30, not £15... there are two shirts for £15 each.  I already have that money budgeted and have no problem paying it, however I agree with the points of view raised that this does not need to be an expensive event - and in fact I would have no problem if there were no prize pool at all, as it"s about honour and prestige (and bracelets/medals), not money.

I don"t think anyone is whining about having to pay - perhaps you"re being a little harsh. Some of us have to do what we can to keep costs down to have any chance of attending these festival weeks. It would not be fair for a player to be excluded from this sort of event on the grounds that they could not afford to play it.

I don"t really know why I have got involved in this discussion ! I think it is as you say a massive honour to play for you country in this event and as such to quibble about £30 is frankly ridiculous. The vasy majority of players representing their country will be playing other events and spending condierably more than £30 over the bar....after all it is APAT! If ever I was lucky enough to play in this event I would gladly pay £100 for the shirt, after all I pay £30 for my LBPN team event shirt!
But at the end of the day it will be down to the team Captains and thats fair enough.
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

Careybear

• Silver Member
« Reply #118 on: March 25, 2013, 16:33:47 PM »
Why is it £30?  Why does every person get 2 shirts?  I was told it was £15 per person we get one shirt and wasn"t the last WCOAP in august of 2012?  Or has it really been 2 years since I couldn"t play the last one....And I"m sorry to Mikey but I"m paying for me and my husband to play this event so that is twice the cost for our family....the pride of playing for my country outweighs the money I"m paying but my budget is way tight and I "ve already had to stake 90% of myself to come and play so yes £15 or now if it"s actually £30 is a lot for me.  I don"t plan on drinking from the bar..I plan on playing poker paying for return trip (from essex) for 2 players and 2 nights in a hotel so yeah lots of money so being told before hand is very important to some of us but Des and I have already discussed that. I"m for taking the £15 out of the prizepool in the future or for this one...

Carey
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 16:49:31 PM by Careybear »

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #119 on: March 25, 2013, 16:42:23 PM »
Last WCOAP was in August 2011.

I would like two shirts if possible although don"t mind paying extra for the second one if it is agreed only one comes out of the prize pool or paying for both if other don"t want any money removed from the prize pool. If this has already been sorted though and it is only one shirt that is no worries but if we have the option I would like two.
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.