Author Topic: Grown Men, Alter Egos and Comic (Book) Poker Exploits  (Read 104551 times)

dwh103

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @dwh103
Re: Grown Men, Alter Egos and Comic (Book) Poker Exploits
« Reply #90 on: July 12, 2013, 01:07:12 AM »
Sigh,

Local £50 freeze. Could do with a bink pre-Cardiff/Nottingham.

Last week: KK < AT on T9x.

This week: QQ < J8 (with another J8 having called pre and folded flop) on J97.
TEAM GOTHAM (Batman)

http://twitter.com/dwh103

Won some stuff too long ago for it to stay on a signature.

s4ooter

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @s4ooter
« Reply #91 on: July 18, 2013, 23:15:26 PM »
So whats been going on??

I withdrew all my monies from boss, as the gtes have been reduced AGAIN!!! Its such a shame, as the old tourny schedule etc was so good, but its a long time since those €44, €22 and €11 deeps and 3 x €10rbs throughout the day.  Also the €55 €2k gtd game @ 11pm also gone...shame

Gone are these days....

So i decided to get back to grinding ZOOM on Stars, and playing a mix of NL5 and NL10.

Here"s the results:

and i must say i really dont know why i left!!!  I was so chuffed with the results (as i feel i have played pretty poorly the last few sessions) that i went food shopping today and it was like this:

Also came home to a £600 tax rebate, so thats Notts covered :) FREEROLLING!!!  In all seriousness though money will be tight and i need to start planning for all events incase i am not selected for Team England this year.  PLO is my new love you see!!!!  Sadly the better half didnt agree

Seriously though, nice to have xmas and her 25th bday covered for sure!

Next event is Cardiff, so until then i will leave you with some GIFS of beautiful women, as you all deserve it.

Team Gotham - The Joker

Serial APAT Underachiever

dwh103

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @dwh103
« Reply #92 on: July 18, 2013, 23:21:24 PM »
You spend far too much time putting those gifs together.
TEAM GOTHAM (Batman)

http://twitter.com/dwh103

Won some stuff too long ago for it to stay on a signature.

s4ooter

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @s4ooter
« Reply #93 on: July 18, 2013, 23:31:33 PM »

You spend far too much time putting those gifs together.

Team Gotham - The Joker

HOLDorFOLD

• Gold Member
« Reply #94 on: July 18, 2013, 23:36:33 PM »
Thought I"d logged into Blonde"s "Fittest burd thread"" by mistake  ::)

Then realised there was no links to these fit women ........ bugger  ;)
Skype/MSN  Holdyfoldy@hotmail.co.uk

s4ooter

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @s4ooter
« Reply #95 on: July 18, 2013, 23:41:42 PM »

I cater for the fairer sex"s interests too:

Thank me later :)
Team Gotham - The Joker

HOLDorFOLD

• Gold Member
« Reply #96 on: July 19, 2013, 00:01:26 AM »

I cater for the fairer sex"s interests too:

Thank me later :)

I chose the wrong week to become full Lesbian  :(

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #97 on: July 19, 2013, 00:06:05 AM »

I chose the wrong week to become full Lesbian

We"re here for you if you feel the need to talk about it.
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #98 on: July 19, 2013, 00:16:40 AM »

talk ?

HOLDorFOLD

• Gold Member
« Reply #99 on: July 19, 2013, 00:23:18 AM »

talk ?

;D

s4ooter

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @s4ooter
« Reply #100 on: July 24, 2013, 16:44:55 PM »
Update Time!!!

So whats gone on recently??......Other than work.....not too much.

Started Kickboxing/MMA training, as i was struggling to find the motivation to go to the gym alone.  Anyone would think that surely getting beat about is less appealing hey?

Im an avid MMA fan, and havent missed a UFC card in years.  I love the technique behind it all and am certainly not that bothered with all the striking elements (kickboxing/boxing/Muay Thai) but am in love with the technical side of the spors (Jui Jistu/Greco/Submission Wrestling etc) so this is more than enjoyable....i literally cant wait!!

Sadly, its not cheap, but as my £30 p/m fee only gets me 1x 1hr class per week i have time to recover!!

This week we practised kick and punch combos and then practised some take downs from a shoulder/collar tie up.

Now..........

1) Dont practise your kicks on a Punch ag, it ruins your feet.  I am in agony and have swollen feet to boot!
2) Buy shin guards...they help alot and i have snap bought some on eBay now!
3) Learn to throw hooks with techinque, not power.  Jolted my elbow and that too, is swollen.
4) Elbows to the face hurt.  Took my first accidental one this week, f**k my jaw aches.

So a bit battered and bruised, but lets hope i can turn this:
into this:

Pokers:
Won a APAT National Seat in the 500fpp satty on Sunday.  There was one guy/gal that was an abso loon, but thankfully i won that war 4-3 to amass a stack as we approached short handed.  With 4 left, i had the CL and was comfortable until i doubled up the shortie (he won the seat the week before too) where i had stupid odds to call from bb with 940.  I binked the flop but he managed to runner runner the nuts and stay in the game.  I also had Rod Buckman on my left, which is never fun as we have played 100000000s of hands together....sigh.

Anyhow, i managed to hold nicely to lock up the free £82.50, although no idea what im gonna use it for.  Already bought into Cardiff, and not able to make Scotland/Ireland so not sure.  Maybe ill have to use it for my Entry Fee to the Home Nations Team Event at DTD............

Whats that??  Yep, somehow this dribbler got picked for the England Team this year at the Home Ints.  TBH i had written off the chances this year as the Worlds Team is already selected (as defending champs), and im about 10% to go to Prague for the Euros.  But.....somehow i snuck through the back door and got a spot.

If (and this is obv a big if) we happen to win it, then i will make every effort for Prague if selected, but other than that im just gonna enjoy it aim for top of the rankings :)  Cant let the rest of Team Gotham gain more POTY points!! :)

Thanks to Stu/Carl for selecting me, i understand there was a fight to the death for my skills.....Stu must have lost!!! :)

Anyways, we can all say "we are the best, we"re gonna win" etc but ill do my talking on the table.  Stu has told me its my mission to 3b/5b all the England A players so ill see what i can do!

Next stop for me is probably the Walsall 4k gtd this weekend.  Its only a £55 game, but i FT"d it last time i played and bust 8th when there was £1k + uT.  The std is woeful, so lets see if i can flip better!!!

Then Cardiff, in which TG will be playing the Cash Championships, the Main and the Sunday PLO if the Main goes wrong.

GL to us!!
Team Gotham - The Joker

TGBane

• Bronze Member
« Reply #101 on: July 27, 2013, 21:00:28 PM »
So you like the touchy touchy parts of MMA?
Is there something you wish to tell us?
Its ok, were all friends here :)
Good luck in Walsall.
Looking forward to Team Gotham continuing the great start that we have had to season 7 and surpassing your goals.
TEAM GOTHAM (Bane)
2013 APAT Wembley Masters 2nd
2013 APAT Cardiff Cash Tour 1st
2013 Season 7 Cash Tour 1st
2014 Season 8 APAT European PLO8 1st
2014 Season 8 APAT European  NLHE (side event) 2nd
2016 Season 9 WCOAP online Turbo NLHE 1st
Twitter: DWAAYNE

s4ooter

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @s4ooter
« Reply #102 on: August 05, 2013, 20:14:19 PM »
Cardiff TR!!!

Friday:  Cash Championships

Great starting table, for banter purposes, however terrible seat draw that sees Chris Webber a few to my left, as well as some young kiddy that ran super golden.  The banter was brilliant, and the table got to see me use my endless charms on the dealer after really upsetting her by answering the following Q very badly.....she asks "how old do you think i am" based on the only info:

1 - She has 2 kids
2 - Has been married and seperated.

Now i know this is Cardiff, but i thought id air on the devilish side and annouced "31"....she was not happy....also is "26" Oooops!!!  Luckily i managed to put on a clinic to turn it back in my favour.

As for the poker i just never really got going, so just decided id entertain the table as best i can.  The guy that ran like God was renamed Avril Lavinge, due to his attire and i think i upset Adam Sharples a bit after laughin at this High Five/Fist Pump/I have Aces celebration when Glenn Laming 5bet jams into him.  Utterley hilarious.....tbf he took a bit of a verbal battering for it (and for being a short stack slug!! - Not my words!) but think he knows its all in jest....if he didnt then he played the perfect trump card to dent my FT chances. :)

With 30 mins of Phase 1 left, i am miles behind and realise i need to win about £100 to qualify so play literally every pot trying to win a big one.  I peak at £240 with 10 mins to go, but as Adam has £150 still to reload and over £150 in front i need to get busy.  This costs me a lot of money, and i end up giving up on a 2K3J6 board with T2 in the last hand vs Matty Dent and admit defeat.  I actually thought i was infront and if i had called i woulda made the FT standings but decide to give it up.  He shows a bluff.  Yay....

Chip counts start and im pretty sure i am nowhere to be found, however it seems im close....wow

Adam then decides that he isnt gonna play the FT, so i creep up a spot....but then its announced... i am in 9th place, 75p behind 8th!!! FML!! Gutted didnt cut it, but it opens up the question to diff tactics that can be made.  If i know Adam is hit and running, then i lock up once i reach £240 as i know its prob enough.
Obv i thought i needed more so had to splash, and it cost me £60 and a place at the FT, but someone could use that as a tactic to generate action on the table.

Pair that with the 9th at Notts in the cash tourny, with the old dodgy rule, im quite glad i cant play it at the UKICOAPs as it clashes with Team Game.

Dwayne and Chris finish 1 + 2 (Chris" 3rd 2nd in a row in the APAT Cash Champs) for £1144 and £469.  Team Gotham on a roll!!!

Saturday:  Main Event

This is the easiest part of the report for me and it goes like this.

Dealt Monster - Lose
Dealt Monster - Lose
3bet into KK
Dealt Premium - get outplayed.

Rinse and repeat.

Had a tough table draw that included: Curly, Rudders, Liam Crawford, Mark Porter, Tony Johnson and Adam Sharples.  Te be honest, the whole table got owned by Tony for the most part, as he played some outstanding poker.  I was out pretty quickly and waited the cash tables.......

Dwayne decided to run like a hero at cash, taking another £1k off the table that night, whilst i just cruise until the early hrs when the game gets juicy and i run pretty well.  I should bust to Chris, when i get AJ in on Jxx vs his QQ, but i hit the miracle river to double and from there it gets better and better.  Finish £600 up, but ready for bed at 5am.

Sunday - PLO

As PLO is definatly my worst game, i just decided to have lots of fun and banter again, that included nicknaming Liam Crawford "LegoHead" and winding up the locals.

Somehow i managed to FT another Omaha FT (3/3 now) and i dont think anyone was buying my " i have no clue" speech as i went in 2/10.

Somehow, and im still not too sure how, i finished 9th and ironically the same dealer at the PLO Ft was the one that crushed me in the Main. She even apologised to me, which was deffo a first!!

I managed to get  Ks 9s  Ah Jh in vs  Qc 10c Qs 10s on  4s 3c 9c Kd for a 45k pot (ave 30k) only to see the  4c dash my dreams on the river.

This left me crippled and i managed to chip back up until Dai crushed me in a huge pot (90k ish / ave 33k) when i 3bet jam  Js 10c 10s 8c on  Jc 8s 6c, only to be called by Dai and his  Kc Kd 5c 2h

Thankfully i have blockers to clubs, but only i can see  Ah followed by  A s to bust me....pretty sick (granted only 70/30 at best) just annoying now that i have played both PLO at Coventry and Cardiff, entered FT as 2nd in chips, and not cashed in either without making any huge mistakes.  Hey ho, still learning i guess!!  Well done to Dylan for winning it.......he started to win some pots after i got moved from his table!!  Cracking bloke.

Chris also had his 2nd deep run in successive mains, finishing 13th for £130 this time.  This guy will win something decent soon, thats back to back day 2s....as well as back to back to back 2nds in Cash Champs....sicko.

Obv this is overshadowed by some Welsh guy winning back to back MEs....i mean, we already have Carl....sigh!!

Only joking, fair play Warren. :)

TG Running Total for Season 7:
Previous - £6095
Cardiff:
Cash Champs - £1949
Main - £130

Total:
£8174 (Target £10k)

Suppose have to finish that off in Notts :)

« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 20:21:12 PM by s4ooter »
Team Gotham - The Joker

KarmaDope

• Platinum Member
  • The Groom
    • Blonde Forum
« Reply #103 on: August 05, 2013, 21:08:04 PM »
I knew it was in jest but it did get to me a bit - tbf this was mainly because I was tired and needing sleep! As I said a lot over the weekend though, I was originally planning to play the FT but I hit the wall just after you did, so definitely wasn"t a tactical play!

Chris really didn"t need to go on about it on Saturday night though, and 100bb"s is not shortstack poker! ;)
[IMG=http://www.vegasmessageboard.com/countdown/countdown.php?c=purple&f=3&y=2013&m=11&d=12&h=18&mi=20&o=0&p=1][/img]

s4ooter

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @s4ooter
« Reply #104 on: August 05, 2013, 21:11:54 PM »

I knew it was in jest but it did get to me a bit - tbf this was mainly because I was tired and needing sleep! As I said a lot over the weekend though, I was originally planning to play the FT but I hit the wall just after you did, so definitely wasn"t a tactical play!

Chris really didn"t need to go on about it on Saturday night though, and 100bb"s is not shortstack poker! ;)

100bbs is deffo shortstacking for a live cash game!! :)

At least you made day 2 of the ME, so you didnt have to listen to my talking in the PLO... :)
Team Gotham - The Joker