Author Topic: Grown Men, Alter Egos and Comic (Book) Poker Exploits  (Read 104555 times)

s4ooter

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @s4ooter
Re: Grown Men, Alter Egos and Comic (Book) Poker Exploits
« Reply #120 on: August 23, 2013, 10:12:43 AM »
Bags packed, ironing done and just about to set on the road.
Another TG weekend, due to bring lots of degeneracy!!
Fully expecting a clean sweep this weekend so expect to see the TG faithful crushing Omahaha, 6 max, cash champs, main, HU and hopefully the HN team event too!!

Bets placed:

Evens: Dwayne to run Golden
2/1: webber to be wearing the TMNT trousers at DTD
8/1: Dave Howard to lock up a cash (sorry!)
1/2: Dann to upset/windup 5+ people.
1/10: Perry to eat cheesecake.
3/1: Tony to make an appearance
Team Gotham - The Joker

Serial APAT Underachiever

AceOnTheRiver

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #121 on: August 23, 2013, 10:23:35 AM »

1/2: Dann to upset/windup 5+ people.

VALUUUUUUUUUUEEEE

Surely you"ll have nailed this by COP today!!!
@jpround on Twitter
Views are my own
"Do not protect yourself by a fence, but rather by your friends" Czech Proverb
"Where you find beer, you find good life" Another Czech Proverb

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #122 on: August 23, 2013, 11:10:43 AM »
Will TG be in the pub at 3pm today?

It"s kinda the rules when APAT goes to DTD you knows.
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

dwh103

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @dwh103
« Reply #123 on: August 23, 2013, 11:21:39 AM »
A mixture of LOL.

And "You w*****"
TEAM GOTHAM (Batman)

http://twitter.com/dwh103

Won some stuff too long ago for it to stay on a signature.

dwh103

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @dwh103
« Reply #124 on: August 23, 2013, 11:23:00 AM »
I"ll have £20 on myself to cash please. And ONE MILLION POUNDS on cheesecake for the big guy.
TEAM GOTHAM (Batman)

s4ooter

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @s4ooter
« Reply #125 on: August 27, 2013, 20:01:32 PM »
So its wrap up time!!!

After the glorious drive to Notts, and a cheeky Frankies and Bennies with Dwayne (number 1/3 for the weekend!) we were set for 4 days of poker, prop bets, and as many jollies as can be had.

Team Gotham consisted of Chris, Perry, Dave, Dwayne and myself and all events were covered.  Whilst i was attempting, and failing, to pwn the Team Event the rest were attempting to crush....and crush they did!! :)

Day 1 of the Team Event saw us (England B) start pretty terribly whilst our counterparts topped the table.  I managed a 2nd in the first NLH losing to Brian Frew HU with 89 v 67 on 8637 board...

I hoped the PLO would save my day but i couldnt manage better than 3rd when my KKJTsshh ran into Tods AA63 Blind v blind....pretty sick, but was prob in the best shape i could as my hand connects really well.  Warren also played this SNG and was unbeatable!!

After playing the sngs i see that Chris is at the FT of the PLO side event, and crushing it.

Chris is having an amazing season including 2 x 2nds in the Cash Champs, as well as 2 deep runs in the previous 2 mains.....Sadly this one wasnt to be as his 22xx loses to Steve Redferns JJ7x on 752 flop, and Chris busts in 3rd....sick beat but a good start to the series for TG.  Coasters aye up!!

Steve Redfern:

Prof X:

Chris looking pleased about the 2 outer:

Day 2 of the Team Event, and looking for miracles we see one emarge as all of Wales A bust out in 7th place.  Wow, now to turn in the screws and get as deep as poss..... i managed to get HU vs Tod and amazingly my A4 holds vs his J6 and we lock up max points....rest of the team scoring well sees us now creep up the leaderboard into 4th place.  This results in the next 2 sngs being really tense.  Really tense!!

And we know nothing is ever easy.........

Stu busts first in the final sng vs Rodders with T8 v JT on an TTxxx board, not ideal but with a 10 pt lead we just need to make sure that the Wales A players arent making top 3 and we are.....as the points jump the most here.  Warren obv wins his table for max points and we are left with an interesting scenario.

5 left on my table including me, i have 4 points locked and no Welshy on my table.
4 left on James table including a Welsh A player.

We are 4 points behind. Hmmm

Doing the maths quickly i realised that it doesnt matter too much where i finish, and laddering isnt an option for me as 4th only gets an extra point where as top 3 is staggered by 2, then 3.  James has to outlast his opponant if i dont finish top 3.  Sadly John Murray is on my table and knows the score just open shoving every hand, which is a great tactic for him.

I finally get to open shove K7cc bvb and the Scot picks up A9 in the bb....sigh, i bust in 4th and its all to JB.

He then loses a hand leaving 1bb....f*ck....amazing the emotions that hit you to think that 2 hard days work may just disappear in the turn of a card.  In the bb he picks up QJ and is up against J9 and 96, and hold amazingly....shortly after the Welshy busts and we have locked up 4th spot for a Bronze playoff vs England A.

I draw Joe Car Hill in my HU playoff and am sat on the same table as the Stu/Tod match which ends pretty abruptly for us.....1-0 down eeek

2 key hands win me the match vs JCH (who may i add is a top bloke, i really enjoyed chatting to him at the tables and discussing pool/Volleyball etc)

Hand 1 -
I open to 200 (50/100) with AK and JCH flats OOP. 
Flop comes AJTr and JCH donks 300 into me.  I smooth. (Pot 1000)
Turn is 7 and JCH donks 800 into me......i snap fold AK face up and JCH shows JT (phew)

Hand 2 -
I limp btn with J7hh and JCH checks (this is the first limped btn)
flop is 77x and JCH check calls
turn is K and we get it in, i hold and level it at 1-1

Joe was really tough to play HU, as he kept nothing standard, and i was glad to get that over with.

Railing is not my favourite thing to do, not when it has a benefit to me as i just get nervous.  Weird.  At the table i was calm as they come, but railing the final 2 HU matches wasnt easy.  Soon enough Paulie D beats Adam and we are 2-1 with JB vs Carl.

At least we have a playoff locked, but thats not needed as JBs QJ holds aipf vs Carls T9 and we are Bronze Medalists!!

As this is all taking place, we have another TG member hitting a FT and its our very own Batman, Dave Howard.

Sadly its another nearly as Dave finishes 7th in the 6 Max running like a dog for 14 hands to go from CL to out.  I mean if Chris cant fade 2 outers then we cant expect Dave to fade a 1 outer amongst other things.

Main Event.......Look-a-likes.....Breakfast Carnange and more all to come.....

« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 20:10:14 PM by s4ooter »
Team Gotham - The Joker

s4ooter

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @s4ooter
« Reply #126 on: August 27, 2013, 20:50:18 PM »
Main Event time.........but before that we ate....like kings.....

F+B has a £5 breakfast menu, and between 5 of us we managed a near £80 food bill, and even got a "well done" from the waitress for our epic mealage!!

We also learnt that Dwayne has changed a lot since his Driving License was printed....

The main, for me, was horrible for quite a while.  I had a starting table with Ian Gascoigne, Perry and Dan Denehhy and cannot win a pot for love nor money.  I swiftly chip down to 5k from 15k but get moved......

Oh hello!  I got moved in the middle of Chris and Tom Somerville, to what was the best ever table at an APAT event.  The std was great, and i do not think you will see hands like this again.  Just amazing.  Also the banter was awesome as everyone got a lookylikey, some better than others.

On our table we had:

John Major, Dolph Lungrun, Barry the Baptist,Mr Happy as well as:

Steve Jobs:

Tom Somerville:

We also see Naz Wringley at this table too:

On this table we see:
TS 6 bet jam QJo vs Chris" 5 bet with KTo
I 5 bet jam KThh into TS AA and get there (mbn)
Lots of other 4bet/5bet action.

I, however, lose my stack to Chris in 2 biggish hands.  After getting to 25k ish, i call off with AK high on the river vs Chris and am wrong (sick thing is he calls my hand too when i call) and then he polishes me off then i 3b/call it off with KQ vs his TT and dont win the flip.  Pretty big call off last hand, as i have 20bbs but i wasnt wrong in my reads so its all ok.

In a sick turn of events, we actually have 3 players in our last longer in to Day 2 of the Main including honoury member Mark "Batboy" Porter.....

I decide to play cash that night and win a buying, mainly in this hand.

50/£1

Villian raises to £4, 3 callers.  I 3b the button with 67hh to £17 and get 2 callers. Pot (£59.50)

Flop Ad Th 8h

Villian chks, Fish chks, i lead £17.  Villian calls. Pot (£93.50)

Turn 5h

Villian chks, i bet £23 he calls. Pot (£139)

River Ts

He checks with £120 stack, i lead £33 and he insta jams.......

i tank call and am good vs T9o. 

Sadly i bleed the stack away throughput the night, just missing draws and getting no spots/bluffs working....

Day 2 of the Main and we end up with 3 still left in the Final 13 from TG, not a bad performance when we only had 6 in the whole field of 188 or so......

Dwayne busts in 13th when he walks KK into AA and AJdd, and the AJdd scoops when turning a flush aipf.

Batboy busts in 10th to Chris when his AK cant best Chris" 44.

Well Played both.

At the FT, the lookylikey game comes back into play.

John Hennigan:

Egon Spengler:

Juan Pablo Montoya:

Victor Meldrew (aka King Slug aka Salamander)

This guy is my ultimate hero, as he tells Chris to stack his chips more "Slugish" as Chris" 40 stacks are tipping!! Legend!!

Not a Final Tablist, but Laura told me that she is often likened to Jon Bon Jovi!!

Laura Rhoden:

Jon Bon Jovi:

Sadly for Chris, he cannot convert his 1.1m stack into a first place as he runs 77 into Victor"s JJ bvb, and also loses chips in a 3 way pot where he folds KK on Q98 vs AQ and 88.  Sadly he exits in 4th with KJ v AQ, the first card is a J but is quickly followed by a Q.

Two FTs for Chris, and 4 FTs for Team Gotham this weekend, so all in all another good festival.  2 more medals for the Teams Collection and another £2k ish won over the weekend as a whole.

Thanks to all for a cracking weekend, and i hope i never see a bag of £5rs and a cheque to get paid out with!!!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 21:35:52 PM by s4ooter »
Team Gotham - The Joker

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #127 on: August 27, 2013, 21:01:33 PM »
Surprise Naz hasn"t killed me yet :D

TGBane

• Bronze Member
« Reply #128 on: August 27, 2013, 21:22:22 PM »
Legen.
dary.
I actually pulled a something in my chest from the 4 days of constant laughing.
This blog up date has not helped either.
Well I hope its a pull and not the onset of a heart attack after having syrup with.
EVERYTHING!
It did threaten to be an incredible weekend for the team but cards fall both ways.
I did not run golden but had to work for my chips.
Getting in a race and flopping quads is not golden...right?
Dave so close, so sick.
Robin is still yet to get that gold coaster but again proved himself as a class apart.
Looking froward now to the next time we get Team Gotham together to take on another APAT event.
Alvin....just a brilliant lookalike, egon too, way too much time on your hands :)
Also a big welcome to the team Bat Boy.
TEAM GOTHAM (Bane)
2013 APAT Wembley Masters 2nd
2013 APAT Cardiff Cash Tour 1st
2013 Season 7 Cash Tour 1st
2014 Season 8 APAT European PLO8 1st
2014 Season 8 APAT European  NLHE (side event) 2nd
2016 Season 9 WCOAP online Turbo NLHE 1st
Twitter: DWAAYNE

amcgrath1uk

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #129 on: August 27, 2013, 22:04:56 PM »
Played a fair bit with Chris and Dwayne over the course of the few days ( and apart from getting names mixed up), I gotta say I bloody enjoyed being on the table with you both. Some of the plays I saw you both make were absolutely top drawer. Dwayne ran well in the 6 max, only doubled up 9 people on my initial table ( and took a good few out as well), and was basically a horrible river ( iirc) away from knocking out the guy who finished 3rd in the end.
Season 6 Online Ranking Winner
Season 6 UK Online Winner
Season 6 Member of the winning England team at the WCOAP
Season 6 Member of the England 'B' team, bronze medallists at the Home Internationals
Seasons 10 WCOAP Player of the series
WCOAP 8 game champ
WCOAP turbo champ
WCOAP Pineapple 2n

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #130 on: August 27, 2013, 22:20:20 PM »
Played through most of the PLO tourney sat next to Robin. Top bloke, and a helluva player.

Dann - great blog write up!

dwh103

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @dwh103
« Reply #131 on: August 27, 2013, 22:49:52 PM »
The weekend in numbers:

10 - Oversized cheesecake slices eaten by Team Gotham.
1 - The number of oversized cheesecake slices not eaten by myself or Perry.
6 - The number of times Mark Porter"s eyebrows were raised after being called "Batboy"
1 - Salamanders encountered
3 - Number of films The Riddler watched while the rest of us were still playing poker
2,315 - Number of English Pounds obtained from holding onto our tokens longer than other people
0.5 - Minutes before Steve Redfern was called Professor X
21 - Player of the Year points won by Chris "Robin" Webber, roughly equating to a 0.7 points per pint.
10 - Score out of 10 for my satisfaction at seeing Chris called Robin by Mark the Shark
2 - The number of times I got sworn at for getting there in the 6max after both opponents play their hands horribly
782 - Utterances of "slug" and its derivatives
TEAM GOTHAM (Batman)

s4ooter

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @s4ooter
« Reply #132 on: August 28, 2013, 22:04:04 PM »
Weird, i swear Robin posted in here and its now been removed?

Odd...............

PS - Would love all the lurkers to post more in here....its supposed to be an interactive blog.....ask some Qs and ill answer away!
Team Gotham - The Joker

dwh103

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @dwh103
« Reply #133 on: August 28, 2013, 22:22:10 PM »

8/1: Dave Howard to lock up a cash (sorry!)
1/10: Perry to eat cheesecake.

You owe me £100,160.

PS - Would love all the lurkers to post more in here....its supposed to be an interactive blog.....ask some Qs and ill answer away!

Where"s my money?

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZomwVcGt0LE[/youtube]
TEAM GOTHAM (Batman)

s4ooter

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @s4ooter
« Reply #134 on: August 28, 2013, 22:32:24 PM »
Haha.......

Random TG Fact.

All but 1 member have FT"d an PLO APAT Event since the inception of the group

Even honourary mentions to BatBoy and Prof X....who have also had FTs in PLO
Team Gotham - The Joker