Author Topic: WCOAP & Disabled Access  (Read 3361 times)

Mahound

• Bronze Member
WCOAP & Disabled Access
« on: February 06, 2013, 22:48:41 PM »
unfortuatley when i lt playein th aoat europens in august the dayfter i had a stro so i sm now using  wheel chait whats the sITtutiNo for playing at DTD FOR A PLAYER IN A WHEEL CHAIR?REALLY WANT TO PLAY THIS WIL BE MY 4THN I DONT WANT TO MISS THI GREAT EVENT EXCUSE THE BAD TYPINGAND SPELLING AS THIS ALSO AFFECTED THE WAY I SE TH COMPUTER SCREEN

HERSIN ADVANCE
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 11:16:42 AM by Paulie_D »

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
Re: disbled
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 23:10:00 PM »
Hi Jim,

Wheelchair access at DTD is excellent, and the staff always seem super helpful.  I know we have a number of APAT players in wheelchairs who can offer an opinion on this.

Hopefully see you in Notts,

Leigh

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 08:48:40 AM »

Hi Jim,

Wheelchair access at DTD is excellent, and the staff always seem super helpful.  I know we have a number of APAT players in wheelchairs who can offer an opinion on this.

Leigh

But please dont listen the opinion of Dan Owston who has been known to take an electronic wheelchair on journeys they weren"t built for! - Video evidence is available.

fandango

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • "it was suited"
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 12:33:46 PM »

Hi Jim,

Leigh

Hi Jim,

As a fellow wheelchair user I can vouch for everything Leigh said, the access and facilities are excellent.
They have disabled access restroom and ramps to access all levels of the room.

I have never had any troubles in getting to and from my table, being an APAT event there are plenty of willing friendly people who go out of their way to help you in any means possible.

If you require help to and from your table my better half will happily push you to and from your table, I will be at the venue from Thursday right up to conclusion on Monday, I will be the handsome looking fellow also in a wheelchair  ;D.

Word of advice when booking hotel, I have found Holiday Inn the best hotel regarding disabled facilities, with a walk in wet room at most hotels, and excellent access .

Good luck and hope to see you in Nottingham..

Carl
2011 Bronze medal in Omaha online WCOAP
2012 ECOAP Main Event Champion and Gold Medalist
2012 ECOAP Player of Series winner
2012 UK Amateur Champion
WCOAP Gold Medalist and Bracelet winner Team England
S7 WCOAP Bronze medal Antes only
Bronze Shoot out WCOAP

Eck

• Silver Member
Re: WCOAP & Disabled Access
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 13:09:06 PM »
You want to try and keep this quiet please? I told Ironside ages ago they got rid of the ramps...

Ironside

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 19:19:24 PM »

You want to try and keep this quiet please? I told Ironside ages ago they got rid of the ramps...

you barstwerard all these years i have been off the curcuit was cause you lied

the access at dtd is good i can honestly say it could be better but unless a place is designed for wheelchairs 99% of places could be better there are a few seats that you will find it harder too get into but nearly if not all are accessable just needs the patients of other punters who will have to get out of there seats too let you in.

staff were the last time i went 100% spot on and nothing is too much trouble

tables are high enough that you should be able too fit under them

APAT players are very respectful too they even put up with my karaoke poker

well all apart from james eccles he is a bit of an idiot that goes round lying about ramps being removed  

Mahound

• Bronze Member
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2013, 19:04:26 PM »
MANY THANKD LALL GOING WELL I HOP E YO BR THERE, MANY THANKS