Author Topic:  (Read 6261 times)

mylesfdo

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2013, 13:10:10 PM »
Just booked seat for tomorrow guys so 100% playing....starts at 4pm so watch out for Twitter updates from then onwards.

pokerpops

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2013, 10:04:13 AM »
how did it go?

i hear there"s a likely overlay in the region of £50k
Just an old bloke living the dream

Proud to be an APAT Forum Team member 2013
Prouder still of being part of the Raise for Jack team, Silver medalists 2019

mylesfdo

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2013, 11:50:18 AM »

how did it go?

i hear there"s a likely overlay in the region of £50k

Yeah sorry guys meant to put a post up earlier but been sick as u like since Tuesday and still had to go to work then when finished all been doing is sleep!!.....guessed most of backers were up to date with Twitter updates anyhow!!

Didnt make Day 2 as went out in 10th with 2/3 lvls of day to go....totally crazy play and structure was ridiculous.

Had totally crazy guy on 1st table raising 8-10x pre and then shoving on most flops....re-entering about 5 times and then shoving all in blind pre flop for 30k at 200-400.

Was looking good early on as got to 112k.......crazy guy limps, I look down at Aces and raise, get rr by button and crazy guy flats, I rrr and both flat......flop total rags with 2 spades and crazy guy is all in....me too and other guy calls.....up against 62 from crazy guy for straight draw and TJ spades from other guy for flush draw......dodge the lot and its happy days going into last lvl.

Manage to not get involved with crazy guy again until last hand of re-entries and then he shoves UTG blind after just taking another re-entry!!.....I look down at AJ suited and obv know that its a call against him but unsure what others(3-4) behind are going to do....think for about 5 mins trying to get read off players behind and eventually flat call(should prob have just shoved)........guy 2 off button then shoves for 50k approx and Im forced to call....turns 99 and I cant improve so drop back down to about 45k.

After that totally card dead for rest of day and then when 12 left pick up JJ.....I raise and shortie goes all in.....obv call and see TT.....T door card to now leave me totally fkd.......about 3 hands later pick up TT in bb.....folded to button(guy with 99 earlier fyi!!) and he min raises....I obv shove and am up against JQ......Q on river and its adios.

In hindsight maybe should have folded the AJ early on but I know Ive got him beat(A5) and just unlucky that other guy decides to shove on me.