Author Topic: OTB with SC in a 180 person Tournament. Circa 50BB deep.  (Read 9726 times)

Kronsdat

• Silver Member
Re: OTB with SC in a 180 person Tournament. Circa 50BB deep.
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2013, 23:36:57 PM »
Personally I would fold this without a thought.  The risk/reward ratio is way out of synch to my mind.  

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2013, 23:34:51 PM »

Personally I would fold this without a thought.  The risk/reward ratio is way out of synch to my mind. 

Explain in more detail please, what is the justification for this :-)
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

poker_jason

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2013, 19:01:45 PM »
I quite like the flat here in position. I think this play is less a "its fits the maths type" I"ll play it and more playing for other reasons. I don"t think you should raise here without a plan as you have to fold to a shove (folding to a shove is not a plan).

1.) The price is cheap, and you need to play more hands against "weaker" players earlier on in the tournies to accumulate chips.

2.) I don"t agree that the ranges are necessary as tight as proposed for a standard range. This seems to be a good spot to enable other players to make big mistakes on the flop. You need to accumulate chips.

3.) It widens your range which is good for image reasons and getting paid off later on. You need to accumulate chips.

4.) You"re on the button and it"s pretty.

5.) At this level I think you can play this almost 100% of the time.

Yorkshire Pudding

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2013, 07:58:39 AM »

3.) It widens your range which is good for image reasons and getting paid off later on. You need to accumulate chips..

Don"t give too much weight to this because the player pools are so large for the 180 games, players are often mass multitabling and the majority have trouble logging into their Stars account never mind observing what hands you have played!