Author Topic: Team Canada- Loud and Proud  (Read 7414 times)

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • I wish I was as good as someone better than me!
Re: Team Canada- Loud and Proud
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2013, 09:56:51 AM »

Just for the record, I am a Canadian! I was born in a place that"s a Provincial capital (Fredericton), but very few in the UK have heard of. As such it has more kudos than being born in say, Toronto or Montreal. Even though I"ve lived in England for most of my life, I still wouldn"t pass Norman Tebbit"s (remember him?) "cricket test". It really is in the blood - although I have no immediate plans to move back.

It"s just occurred to me that this will be the first time I have represented my country, and that it"s a great honour. My only goal is to make sure that I don"t let the team or my country down.

Looking forward to a great tournament & meeting all the combatants accross the felt - and in the bar!

I"ve known Phil, since 2008, from our pub poker days and we have also been to Las Vegas together, where we had a 4 way chop at Binions, with 2 locals for $800. He has a very sound game an will be a very good addition to Team Canada.
APAT Season 6 statistics
APAT Live Events 8, Attended 8, Final Tables 0, Cashes 0, Ranking Points 0, Having a word with myself 1.

zzBlizzardzz

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2013, 20:03:48 PM »
Very pleased to have Phil as part of the team. Even if he is friends with Mike.
Team Canada Captain 2010 Silver Medalists

zzBlizzardzz

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2013, 20:07:59 PM »
Team Canada Captain 2010 Silver Medalists