Author Topic: "bankroll booster" staking request  (Read 8247 times)

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
"bankroll booster" staking request
« on: February 27, 2013, 08:33:52 AM »
Hi guys,

I have not posted on here before and just trying to put a little feeler to see if i can garner any interest. Just to confirm this is just a feeler at this stage and nothing concrete.

I have mainly played sit n  go"s untill a couple of years ago where i have been in and out of work (due to redundancy twice from the same company in two years and haven"t played anywhere near the amount of volume i would like in this time. I want to try and kick boost this year and initially am interested in trying a "bankroll booster" where i would play a number of tournaments a week.

My usernames accross the sites are usually hi_am_chris, hiamchris, chrishiam. On stars i used to play under the name hi_am_chris but now play as chrishiam and you can sharkscope or opr both those usernames. Full tilt my name was hi_am_chris and if you search chrishiam+pocketfives it should give you a list of my current usernames across a lot of sites including 888 where i play as chrishiam.

The proposal, i am looking to sell 20 % of either a 600, 700 or 800 dollar bankroll to play tournaments across 6 or 7 different sites initially for a 2 month period and then after that both stakers and stakee can assess the situation. Obviously if you wanted to pull out before that time this would be fine. I would hope to put in around 3 decent sessions a week.

If anybody has any questions or is interested please post below or private message me or alternatively if you would like to chat about it, i have msn/skype.

Thanks for listening :)

mylesfdo

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: "bankroll booster" staking request
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 09:25:04 AM »
Could be interested Chris....can u post links to OPR pls mate.....prob take 5% if looks ok!!

adilong1

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 10:20:40 AM »
I also may be interested Chris
Adi
Co founder of Yorkshire Poker Club on Facebook
Catch me on Twitter: Adicricket1

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 10:46:35 AM »
Chris,

I"m always interested in the longer term staking propositions.

One quick question if I may.

Why do you think your bankroll only needs a 20% increase and what difference will that make to your plans compared to just using the bankroll that you already have ?

Cheers,

Leigh

DodgyEnd (Tom APAT.be)

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Belgium
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 11:41:35 AM »

Chris,

I"m always interested in the longer term staking propositions.

One quick question if I may.

Why do you think your bankroll only needs a 20% increase and what difference will that make to your plans compared to just using the bankroll that you already have ?

Cheers,

Leigh

+1

and would also be interested in having 10% or so. I have something similar going on as well where I"m staked 50% of a total starting bankroll of $1000. So why not do something like that instead of only asking for 20%.

So in case you do go for something like that, I would like to reserve 10%
APAT Belgium

Bwin: Kayden2012 --- Pokerstars: DodgyEnd
Captain of Team Belgium (silver medal ECOAP 2013)

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 12:07:13 PM »
Hi Leigh,

It"s more a case of two things, firstly how much of other people"s money do i actually feel comfortable playing with ( i have never asked for staking before apart from very close friends). I guess i have pride and i would feel worse if i lost and lost other  peoples money than my own. Secondly is a more selfish reason being that if we have a bink then i would still want to win a decent share of it.

I haven"t been back in work long and have a certain amount of money i can put on poker sites at the moment, i would like to be able to spread whatever amount i ask for across 6/7/8 different poker sites as i don"t want to be depositing and withdrawing all the time,

If you feel i haven"t answered what you asked very well just ask again or if you have advice i am a more than willing listener :)

mylesfdo

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2013, 12:21:41 PM »
Will take up to $50 whatever % that will get me!!

Just quickly.....why the change of a/c name?.....didnt think stars or tilt let u do that

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2013, 12:48:39 PM »
Lol childish reasons tbh to do with keeping a ranking on a site few years ago, got found out and they blocked my older account :( gutted

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2013, 13:40:44 PM »
Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply.

My comment on this proposal would be that if you already have a $500 bankroll (for example), selling 20% would mean getting another $125 giving you a total bankroll of $625.

The difference between a $500 bankroll and a $625 bankroll in terms of managing variance etc is going to be minimal, to the extent that I would recommend you just played off of your own cash.

Looking at the responses so far, I"m sure you will easily have enough interest to get that 20%, you just need to make sure the reasons why you are asking for it.  Some players feel they play better when they know others have an interest in their results (less spewy etc.), others use it to get feedback on their play, some want to play slightly higher stakes but aren"t rolled for it at that particular time.

If you have worries about playing with others cash, then I can understand why you have suggested 20%, but if that worries you, then are you going to be playing your optimal game ?  No one is going to come on here being critical if it didn"t work out.  I"ve had some stalking that has paid off, others that haven"t, and some that are promising good things to come.

Leigh

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2013, 15:15:03 PM »
Great post as usual Leigh.

I"ll have a think about everything whilst I"m at work and post when I get back. I"m still interested in doing it but your right that maybe I shouldn"t be lazy and just manage my money accross different sites better

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2013, 20:30:40 PM »
Cheers everyone for the interest, still a possibility ive just got to sort out the finer details. I"ve just had a look around all the different sites and tbh pretty dissapointed with a lot of them for tournaments. Basically i can log on in, in a nighttime between 6 and 7 and then probably start my last tourny at around 9 (pushing it a little). Really dissapointed with the tournys i looked at on Lock Poker and on Merge (Carbon). Can"t really see any point in putting money on either site. Same goes for Ladbrokes unless someone can tell me different. This leaves Pokerstars, Full Tilt , 888, Ipoker, Apat and Party to deposit on.

Can someone tell me where the ongame network has gone? if there is still any traffic on it? Whats the flagship site for them now?

I guess my main reasons for possibly asking for staking is that i have only been back at work since the middle of January and money might be a little tight for the next two months especially with hotel and tournys to pay for at the end of March :D

What i would add is that it would just be for an initial two months and then i (and the stakers) would reasess at the end of it. People might want to invest in a longer term deal than that so i would like to make that clear at the start.

I guess a big part of it would be that with a little outside interest it might be a kick up the backside to really put in some volume and try and get some results.

adilong1

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2013, 21:09:23 PM »

Cheers everyone for the interest, still a possibility ive just got to sort out the finer details. I"ve just had a look around all the different sites and tbh pretty dissapointed with a lot of them for tournaments. Basically i can log on in, in a nighttime between 6 and 7 and then probably start my last tourny at around 9 (pushing it a little). Really dissapointed with the tournys i looked at on Lock Poker and on Merge (Carbon). Can"t really see any point in putting money on either site. Same goes for Ladbrokes unless someone can tell me different. This leaves Pokerstars, Full Tilt , 888, Ipoker, Apat and Party to deposit on.

Can someone tell me where the ongame network has gone? if there is still any traffic on it? Whats the flagship site for them now?

I guess my main reasons for possibly asking for staking is that i have only been back at work since the middle of January and money might be a little tight for the next two months especially with hotel and tournys to pay for at the end of March :D

What i would add is that it would just be for an initial two months and then i (and the stakers) would reasess at the end of it. People might want to invest in a longer term deal than that so i would like to make that clear at the start.

I guess a big part of it would be that with a little outside interest it might be a kick up the backside to really put in some volume and try and get some results.

Im cool with a couple of months if that helps?
And yes ongame is still about somewhere!
Adi
Co founder of Yorkshire Poker Club on Facebook
Catch me on Twitter: Adicricket1

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2013, 21:28:09 PM »
Yeah cheers, i just think its fair for people to know now that it wouldn"t nessessarily be an ongoing thing. I guess it works both ways because it might not work out for the staker too.

Managed to find ongame but volume/traffic looks well down to what it was a year or so ago. All their major clients seem to have moved, BWIN joined with party, coral is ipoker as is gala poker i think.

Pilf

• Bronze Member
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2013, 10:50:24 AM »
Hi Chris,

I"m glad to see you"ve pretty much completely ignored all of my advice regarding this staking!
It"s probably for the best as only you know what is suitable to your needs.
That said and considering the "traffic issues" that you"ve encountered, how about increasing the stakers share to around 40% as I suggested and increasing the total roll to around $1000-$1200 leaving you a similar amount to find whilst increasing your playing options by opening up the possibity of playing the odd $8 and $10 tourny and the micro rebuys (which I assume would be outside your plan otherwise?).
This to me makes more sense.
Apologies for putting this in the public domain but I thought if others agreed you might be persuaded! Stick me down for 10% when you decide to do this!