Author Topic: "bankroll booster" staking request  (Read 8243 times)

mylesfdo

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: "bankroll booster" staking request
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2013, 11:00:06 AM »

Hi Chris,

I"m glad to see you"ve pretty much completely ignored all of my advice regarding this staking!
It"s probably for the best as only you know what is suitable to your needs.
That said and considering the "traffic issues" that you"ve encountered, how about increasing the stakers share to around 40% as I suggested and increasing the total roll to around $1000-$1200 leaving you a similar amount to find whilst increasing your playing options by opening up the possibity of playing the odd $8 and $10 tourny and the micro rebuys (which I assume would be outside your plan otherwise?).
This to me makes more sense.
Apologies for putting this in the public domain but I thought if others agreed you might be persuaded! Stick me down for 10% when you decide to do this!

^^^^ this sounds like a good idea!!.......and is kind of what Leigh is suggesting too I guess....5% pls if it is $1k or $1.2k.

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2013, 11:07:10 AM »

Hi Chris,

I"m glad to see you"ve pretty much completely ignored all of my advice regarding this staking!
It"s probably for the best as only you know what is suitable to your needs.
That said and considering the "traffic issues" that you"ve encountered, how about increasing the stakers share to around 40% as I suggested and increasing the total roll to around $1000-$1200 leaving you a similar amount to find whilst increasing your playing options by opening up the possibity of playing the odd $8 and $10 tourny and the micro rebuys (which I assume would be outside your plan otherwise?).
This to me makes more sense.
Apologies for putting this in the public domain but I thought if others agreed you might be persuaded! Stick me down for 10% when you decide to do this!

^^^^ this sounds like a good idea!!.......and is kind of what Leigh is suggesting too I guess....5% pls if it is $1k or $1.2k.

Yep, I was just being a bit more subtle about it  ;)

DodgyEnd (Tom APAT.be)

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Belgium
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2013, 14:46:10 PM »
Also wrote the same... again I would like to reserve 10% if you do something like that.
APAT Belgium

Bwin: Kayden2012 --- Pokerstars: DodgyEnd
Captain of Team Belgium (silver medal ECOAP 2013)

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2013, 21:40:31 PM »
Cheers everyone, i really do appreciate the interest, got a minor problem to sort out that my office is below the shower/bath and water seeping through has meant ive had to take my computer apart and waiting for someone to come and fix a hole in the ceiling. I may run something small in the mean time as i can play on my laptop but i can"t play the same amount of tables on my laptop. Made a note of a lot of tournys that start between 7 and 9 on various sites so going to look at some sort of schedule for tournys during the week. Possibly look at staking untill DTD with a smaller bankroll and then after dtd look at operating with a bigger bankroll.

Cheers Pilf, i"d already put this up before asking your advice about it. I may have played 1 dollar rebuys but yes 3 dollar and 4 dollar rebuys would have been outside the current plan. I guess ideally i would like to be playing tournaments up to 11 dollars (pos an exception for a 4 dollar cubed) but the majority of tournaments i would play would be between 2 and 6 dollars.

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2013, 12:54:54 PM »
Computer now been set up back at my parents house so will be spending a few evenings a week there to play (Gf prob won"t be too happy but i"m sure it will be fine :D).

So down to business, i would like to do a trial run for then possibly doing something bigger. If it does progress to something bigger those who take part in this will be given first refusal.

The Specifics

• I would like it to run from now until the 29th March

• I would like a starting bankroll of 500 Dollars which would be spread across 5 sites, something like 50 dollars on Ipoker, 75 on Party, 100 on 888 and the rest split between Pokerstars and Full Tilt

• I would be looking to sell 30 % of this which totals at 150 dollars at no mark up

• I would mainly be playing schedules on weekday evenings starting between 6 and 7 and my last tournament would probably start between half 8 and 9 but would also hope to play the occasional saturday and/or sunday

• I have a list of tournys on these sites for weekdays for the hours i"m looking to play and a schedule of sorts which i just need to colour code and prioritise and i will email these out to stakers

• I am more than happy to take advice on board and alter these schedules or add other tournaments in if they are better value

What can you expect from me?

• More than happy to update twitter and facebook to give updates

• I don"t think i am organised to plan enough ahead to post an exact schedule but as i have said i will email a list of tournys out for the weekday games and try and sort out something similar for weekends when i get chance

• I will update the thread with results but i won"t be going into great detail on here with every tournament and bust hands etc but will obviously keep a running total of the bankroll and of the cashes

• It is very unlikely that i will play any other tournaments on the sites mentioned apart from those included in the stake, obviously tournaments played on any other site apart from Pokerstars, Full Tilt, 888, Party and Ipoker such as the mini masters will not be included in the stake

What do you want from me regarding the above stake? What else can i do to give you better value?

What i would like from you as a staker

These are not essential requirements but what i would be interested in:

• Ideally i would prefer a contact detail, preferably skype but also email, facebook etc to be able to discuss the odd hand, give updates on tournaments etc

• Schudule/ Tournament Selection advice

• Essentially i am after stakers to give feedback and hopefully this will work well for everybody

I will reserve 5 % for those that have shown interest so far and will open that % up along with the extra 5 % if they decline, ideally for this i would prefer to split it evenly between stakers so would like to get six people on board :

Reserved

adilong1
Chipaccrual
DodgyEnd
Pilf

« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 21:16:08 PM by hi_am_chris »

mylesfdo

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2013, 14:20:52 PM »
Hi Chris....what lvl mtt"s are u going to be playing mate?

Imho $500 is too little a roll to spread across 5 sites for a month and would much prefer it being on 2-3 sites playing $11 or therabouts mtt"s with the option of moving up the lvls if the BR hits a certain lvl......or alternatively like quite a few of us said before increasing the opening BR to $1k odd.

Still interested if plan is changed a bit mate but not at the $500 opening BR over 5 sites sorry.

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2013, 14:26:59 PM »
No need to be sorry,

If i don"t sell any it"s not a huge problem and i will take 100 % of myself anyways, i think that whether its accross 3 or 5 sites to me it makes no difference just widens the choice of tournaments that are available that i will be playing. I will still only be playing the same number of tournaments at one time that i would be if i had it spread over 3 sites, it just means i might have to move funds around but the bankroll will stay the same,

thanks for the interest anyways

adilong1

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2013, 14:39:06 PM »

Hi Chris....what lvl mtt"s are u going to be playing mate?

Imho $500 is too little a roll to spread across 5 sites for a month and would much prefer it being on 2-3 sites playing $11 or therabouts mtt"s with the option of moving up the lvls if the BR hits a certain lvl......or alternatively like quite a few of us said before increasing the opening BR to $1k odd.

Still interested if plan is changed a bit mate but not at the $500 opening BR over 5 sites sorry.

+1

Maybe keep it to 2 ( stars & tilt I would recommend ) but I"m still interested and I"m willing to stake
Adi
Co founder of Yorkshire Poker Club on Facebook
Catch me on Twitter: Adicricket1

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2013, 14:44:57 PM »
Ok thanks Adi

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2013, 14:59:18 PM »
After consulting with a friend i guess it"s better for me to go it alone for now and come back to this when i can put up 50 to 70 % of a 1k bankroll but would like to thank everyone for their input and advice and hopefully come back to this in the near future

DodgyEnd (Tom APAT.be)

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Belgium
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2013, 18:52:42 PM »
Hey Chris, good luck with that! I"m still interested in having a piece of this as well.
If you do decide to sell a piece, I"ll take 10% or more if available.

I"m looking for a few people to swap % or to stake on a longer term basis, so always interested.

Thanks!
APAT Belgium

Bwin: Kayden2012 --- Pokerstars: DodgyEnd
Captain of Team Belgium (silver medal ECOAP 2013)