Author Topic: WCOAP Satellites Discussion  (Read 14838 times)

GaryMorris

• Twitter @PaddyLemon
Re: WCOAP Satellites Discussion
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2013, 16:21:29 PM »
Many thanks for the clarifications. Much appreciated.

AceOnTheRiver

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2013, 16:40:35 PM »
I know that when I am treated badly by an organisation it takes some serious effort on their part to keep / regain my custom and it seems that WH have treated some APAT members rather badly.

There are 2 sides to every story but I think some kind of statement from WH apologising for or explaining last year"s problems would go a long way.

I appreciate APAT needs the support / funding to thrive but without this gesture we seem to be saying, "it doesn"t matter how you treat our members so long as you come back with a few £££s"
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 17:05:00 PM by AceOnTheRiver »
@jpround on Twitter
Views are my own
"Do not protect yourself by a fence, but rather by your friends" Czech Proverb
"Where you find beer, you find good life" Another Czech Proverb

Supernova

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2013, 16:53:15 PM »

I know that when I am treated badly by an organisation it takes some serious effort on their part to keep / regain my custom and it seems that WH have treated some APAT members rather badly.

There are 2 sides to every story but I think some kind of statement from WH apologising for or explaining last year"s problems would go a long way.

I appreciate APAT needs the support / funding to thrive but without this gesture we seem to be saying; it doesn"t matter how you treat our members so long as you come back with a few £££s

+1

From memory I remember a few members not getting anywhere at all with WH customer services on more than one occasion.
APAT UK Team Championships 2011 18th
APAT Welsh Championships 2012 13th
APAT European 2012 6max 3rd Bronze Medal
APAT Home Internationals 2012 Omaha S/E 3rd
APAT WCOAP 2013 Stud S/E 14th
APAT WCOAP 2013 H.O.R.S.E S/E 7th
APAT English Championship 2013 3rd Bronze Medal

Sugar_Free

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2013, 17:06:55 PM »

I appreciate APAT needs the support / funding to thrive but without this gesture we seem to be saying; it doesn"t matter how you treat our members so long as you come back with a few £££s

+2

Having stolen, no other way of putting it, mine and other members" prize money then basically called us liars for several weeks I vowed to have no further dealings with WH and this still stands. It is worth noting that I have still not been paid out the amount I should have been.
S4 G UK Team - LPM
S6 S UK Online, B Online Team Cup, Home Internationals - England "B", Irish Online
S7 G (& Bracelet) WCOAP Online
S8 G Scottish Online, B WCOAP Stud
S9 S WCOAP Team - England, B UK Team - LPM
S10 S Irish Online, England Captain - WCOAP
S13 B UK Team - APAT Degens

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2013, 17:33:50 PM »

+2

Having stolen, no other way of putting it, mine and other members" prize money then basically called us liars for several weeks I vowed to have no further dealings with WH and this still stands. It is worth noting that I have still not been paid out the amount I should have been.

That"s pretty outrageous Matt.  I assumed this had been cleared up up at that time.  I can assure you I will pick this up with WH and ensure you are credited the money you were due.  That said, totally understand if you don"t want to take part in this particular promotion, nor would I blame you.

Apologies on our behalf.

Des.
Email: des@apat.com
Facebook: Des Duffy
Twitter: Des Duffy

Fluence

• Silver Member
    • The Ramblings of a Poker Dinosaur
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2013, 18:01:45 PM »
Trying to download the WH software but it isn"t playing nice. Been on to their support and not getting anywhere fast. Will try to make tonight"s satellite if I can sort it in time.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Sugar_Free

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2013, 18:19:45 PM »

+2

That"s pretty outrageous Matt.  I assumed this had been cleared up up at that time.  I can assure you I will pick this up with WH and ensure you are credited the money you were due.  That said, totally understand if you don"t want to take part in this particular promotion, nor would I blame you.

Apologies on our behalf.

Des.

No apologies required from yourselves Des, I"m just disappointed we"ve gone with them again after that. It got to the point after about a month of emails they credited me a "goodwill" amount to make me go away, so I did and I"m not going back.
S4 G UK Team - LPM
S6 S UK Online, B Online Team Cup, Home Internationals - England "B", Irish Online
S7 G (& Bracelet) WCOAP Online
S8 G Scottish Online, B WCOAP Stud
S9 S WCOAP Team - England, B UK Team - LPM
S10 S Irish Online, England Captain - WCOAP
S13 B UK Team - APAT Degens

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2013, 19:01:40 PM »
I remember the issues now Matt. There was a payout glitch in the software and I recall sorting Vaino out with a seat or something as he let me know he was still having issues. I"ll talk to the appropriate person and see what can be done to put this right, albeit twelve months on. :(
Email: des@apat.com
Facebook: Des Duffy
Twitter: Des Duffy

Rhino56

• Bronze Member
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2013, 19:33:29 PM »
Your quite right Des, I did get my seat from APAT, but the problem remained unsolved with William Hill. They maintained that they were right despite it being perfectly clear to anyone else what had happened. The missing monies must be somewhere in William Hills accounts!
I also feel that I was robbed by William Hill and therefore will never play on their site again.

Big Club

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2013, 13:21:52 PM »
Hi Des

Was lucky enough to win the sat last night. I am on the waiting list for the HU on the monday. Were there any seats held back for satellite winners for that event and if so could I claim one please.

Many thanks

Simon

Careybear

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2013, 18:31:47 PM »
We need 4 more players for tonight"s £5 satellite....anyone out there wanna win their £112 seat?  come and join me :)

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2013, 19:51:54 PM »
I just tried to late reg after technolog was knocked out, but they won"t allow two entries from same IP.

HOLDorFOLD

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2013, 20:11:01 PM »
Because it"s against the network rules innit.

Although I think if you contact them they can sometimes change it n a "as per" basis  (or that may have been iPoker?, I forget now) but had same situatin last year.
Skype/MSN  Holdyfoldy@hotmail.co.uk

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2013, 20:28:25 PM »
Yeah, we figured that was the case.  Will just have to take turns playing...and I bagsy dibs on the next re-buy!!!   :D

ajcairns

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2013, 23:08:11 PM »
Having luckboxed my way to winning tonight WCOAP Sat, can someone explain why its better to have these games on other poker sites as opposed to the APAT room?  No money added or anything, and winnings just paid out in cash, so how does that make it better?  Not necessarily a criticism, just enquiring.