Author Topic: APAT Poker Masters 2013 Discussion Thread  (Read 46803 times)

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
Re: APAT Poker Masters 2013 Discussion Thread
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2013, 16:19:10 PM »

In a post on FB Des has stated:

"APAT Masters announced as first side event on opening day. Two day event with £200 + £20 buy in, open to amateur and pro players."

That would make it Fri 31 to Sat 1 Jun if I"m reading between the lines correctly.

I can confirm that the APAT Poker Masters 2013 will be on Friday 31st May and Saturday 1st June 2013.

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2013, 16:36:11 PM »
Thanks for the feedback so far everyone. To confirm, we are not planning any general pricing change across season seven, however this represents a pretty unique opportunity for our organisation to run an event at Wembley. Some of you may think similarly; and if you do then we will certainly try to ensure there are plenty of sat opportunities to enable you to do so affordably. For those who don"t, there will be a "normal" schedule of APAT events that will follow very soon after the Masters.  This is however a one off opportunity for all of us and I hope when the details have sunk in that we will see as many of you in London as possible. :)

Also, there is no doubt that DTD"s involvement and financial guarantee will give the ISPT the credibility and organisation it has missed since day one.  That is great news for us all.
Email: des@apat.com
Facebook: Des Duffy
Twitter: Des Duffy

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2013, 17:11:29 PM »
Congratulations Des, Leigh, Matt (have I missed anyone?).

I, like pretty much everyone else, have been sceptical about the ISPT, but what I see now is a very strong team that can make a success of the event. I think one of the greatest strengths that APAT brings is the openess and recognition of the past problems, as well as a willingness to improve through listening to the players.

I hope it is great success.

p.s. Do I have to bring a laptop and raincoat or is this a more traditional event now?
p.p.s. I saw Des quote "never say never" on his facebook page - does this mean he might buy me a drink one day?

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2013, 17:18:36 PM »
Don"t think you"ll need the raincoat...didn"t this move to the arena?

Then again, if Des is buying a drink you might, as pigs will be flying.  :D
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2013, 17:22:26 PM »
The APAT event will not be on the pitch, as the main will be at that time. 

Drinks?  I"m parched waiting for you lot ;)
Email: des@apat.com
Facebook: Des Duffy
Twitter: Des Duffy

fandango

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • "it was suited"
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2013, 17:25:21 PM »
Good luck with this I hope it"s a great success .. Having DTD on board is a massive +

I was wondering if at all season 7 full sechdual will be announced before the event?..

For those who are limited to the number of events they can attend each season/ year it may take a decision on the rest of the season if indeed they will consider playing..

I realise APAT is for amateur players and this is open to professionals alike, on a personal level I would embrace the chance to tangle with them if not only to improve my game, but I have heard grumbles in the past regarding pros playing etc..

Whatever happens I will be keeping a close eye on this and hoping for it to be a success..
2011 Bronze medal in Omaha online WCOAP
2012 ECOAP Main Event Champion and Gold Medalist
2012 ECOAP Player of Series winner
2012 UK Amateur Champion
WCOAP Gold Medalist and Bracelet winner Team England
S7 WCOAP Bronze medal Antes only
Bronze Shoot out WCOAP

bigalhx3

• Gold Member
  • apat 7 card stud world champion & scott champ
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2013, 17:30:57 PM »

p.s. Do I have to bring a laptop and raincoat or is this a more traditional event now?
p.p.s. I saw Des quote "never say never" on his facebook page - does this mean he might buy me a drink one day?

Just is you can leave the goal post when you leave stu that would be very much appreciated

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2013, 18:25:40 PM »
This explains the replies in the other thread. 

I have great time for APAT and DTD and wish nothing but the absolute best for both. Genuinely want to be excited and delighted about this news and even held back from posting for a few hours, hoping those feelings would kick in.  They haven"t.  I"m sorry, but I"m worried for both partners (APAT & DTD...not that other crowd) and can only hope it all works out for ye.

dwh103

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @dwh103
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2013, 18:32:10 PM »
Doesn"t have an APAT feel for me, which is hard to quantify, but maybe that will change if/when further details are announced.

But I think it"s a good opportunity to increase APAT's brand recognition, and that can only be a good thing. Assuming, of course, that the ISPT doesn"t drag everything down with it.
TEAM GOTHAM (Batman)

http://twitter.com/dwh103

Won some stuff too long ago for it to stay on a signature.

AceOnTheRiver

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2013, 13:02:29 PM »
So it"s an ISPT event ran by DTD (which has its own online poker room) with a side event branded as APAT (which has its own online poker room) but the APAT satellites are on Wiliam Hill.... confusing to say the least!!

I"m assuming this will be an afteroon start in line with most tours; given that Day 1 is a Friday, doesn"t this go against the APAT ethos a little in that amatuer players will have to take the day off.

Saying that, I will support the event if I can. I"m only up the road so it"s a little easier for me.

On a positive note, at least I"ll finally be able to get a pint of Carlsberg at an APAT event!!
@jpround on Twitter
Views are my own
"Do not protect yourself by a fence, but rather by your friends" Czech Proverb
"Where you find beer, you find good life" Another Czech Proverb

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2013, 16:20:07 PM »
To be honest I like this. I do understand the ISPT concerns but it is an APAT event. Yeah the buyin is higher than I would normally enter, so I am likely to sell off 50%, most of you have the means to do the same, but come on we are talking about playing at Wembley, you all wanted to do that at some point in your life.

I would love to see the full APAT crowd at this event and the weekend in London is awesome, if we don"t make day two week can go the the West End on Saturday, yeah it means booking Friday off work but who cares.

Great decision by APAT for me and whatever you say there will be a lot of people about that weekend so APAT will get some exposure and the winner of the event is going to get a good bit too.
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

DodgyEnd (Tom APAT.be)

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Belgium
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2013, 18:07:56 PM »
Despite any negative feelings towards the ISPT, I will try to make the APAT event if possible!
APAT Belgium

Bwin: Kayden2012 --- Pokerstars: DodgyEnd
Captain of Team Belgium (silver medal ECOAP 2013)

AceOnTheRiver

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2013, 18:24:08 PM »

but come on we are talking about playing at Wembley, you all wanted to do that at some point in your life.

Some of us have been lucky enough to do so already  ;)
@jpround on Twitter
Views are my own
"Do not protect yourself by a fence, but rather by your friends" Czech Proverb
"Where you find beer, you find good life" Another Czech Proverb

Scousebill

• Gold Member
  • Liverpool FC, APAT Poker @TheHummingbirds CoLFC
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2013, 23:15:25 PM »
Silver Medal APAT European Champs. 2015
WCOAP 6-MAX Champion, 2015.
2015 APAT Player of The Year.