Author Topic: You are the TD.W  (Read 4732 times)

Moocher

• Bronze Member
You are the TD.W
« on: April 13, 2013, 08:44:14 AM »
What would you do?

During a self deal tournament Player A. reaises and is called by Player B
and the dealer for the table (volunteer) who is in BB also calls.
Flop is dealt correctly and action results in 2 players all in vs the big stack.

The dealer then announces the he had collected the mucked cards and
mixed the deck with the cards probably on the top.

How would you proceed?
Call me Mooch

adilong1

• Gold Member
Re: You are the TD.W
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 10:27:23 AM »
Re-deal and a smacked wrist for the dealer
Adi
Co founder of Yorkshire Poker Club on Facebook
Catch me on Twitter: Adicricket1

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 12:05:50 PM »
Pretty sure it would involve a shuffle of the deck and still dealing out the turn and river (the players that are still in the hand still have their cards? and the flop is still out?)

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 12:09:41 PM »
In my opinion, as there is no way of accurately separating the mucked cards from the deck, the pile should be shuffled, and the turn and river played as normal.

I don"t think the hand can be declared dead as so much legitimate action has occurred prior to the mistake having a bearing.

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 12:17:30 PM »

In my opinion, as there is no way of accurately separating the mucked cards from the deck, the pile should be shuffled, and the turn and river played as normal.

I don"t think the hand can be declared dead as so much legitimate action has occurred prior to the mistake having a bearing.

This - also statistically the odds don"t change, it"s always going to be a hard time to explain to the average person that it doesn"t matter but statistically having the cards shuffled back in doesn"t make any difference to the probability of the outcome.

This has happened 2 or 3 times in higher profile events - this has always been the consensus for the outcome.
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

s4ooter

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @s4ooter
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2013, 14:43:51 PM »

This - also statistically the odds don"t change, it"s always going to be a hard time to explain to the average person that it doesn"t matter but statistically having the cards shuffled back in doesn"t make any difference to the probability of the outcome.

This has happened 2 or 3 times in higher profile events - this has always been the consensus for the outcome.

100%

Was just about to write this, but u got here first!!!

:)
Team Gotham - The Joker

Serial APAT Underachiever

mylesfdo

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2013, 14:48:22 PM »

100%

Was just about to write this, but u got here first!!!

:)

+1

ajcairns

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2013, 20:59:24 PM »
Surely the correct course of action is to punch the guy in the face?

AJDUK

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2013, 01:51:47 AM »
Well I was at this table. And you haven"t quite given all the relevant facts  :o

It"s a friendly game and the dealer announced that he was sure the mucked cards were on top of the deck, explaining how he"d done it. So to be sure we dished out the top 10 cards to the players out of the hand and we retrieved our hole cards. No-one said their cards weren"t there. All the players involved in the hand were happy so having taken the cards off the top of the deck we carried on with no re-shuffle.
No harm done?

If the players didn"t agree they were happy we"d have re-shuffled the cards in as usual.

England Captain WCOAP 2014 - Come on England!!!!

Moocher

• Bronze Member
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2013, 10:20:53 AM »
I was asking ........   what would you do ??      
Not making it a personal reference

I asked for future reference
Call me Mooch

AJDUK

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2013, 02:08:54 AM »

I was asking ........   what would you do ??      
Not making it a personal reference

I asked for future reference

Sorry Mooch, I would have done what we did. Perhaps should have written it that way. But punching the dealer was an option  ;D
England Captain WCOAP 2014 - Come on England!!!!

Moocher

• Bronze Member
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2013, 18:56:12 PM »
Punch the dealer ??

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Nahh, plan A  
Call me Mooch