Author Topic: A series of 10 entries to Pokerstars $55 NLHE and PLO8 MTTs - COMPLETED  (Read 17861 times)

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
$55 PLO8 - first break, on 2470 (starting stack 3000). Played in lots of small pots and chipped away slowly, then made a big value bet with second nut hi and second nut lo after other guy checked river.... he flat called with nut/nut lol (thankfully).

MacManaman - ripping City to shreds! Wonder how much longer he"ll be at Wigan after this showing today.

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
$55 PLO8 - second break - 111/182(350) - 54 paid - stack 3825, avg 5722.    $3.5k up top.

Also regged for the Big55, starting now.

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
$55 PLO8 - Gone 119/378.   Not a lot to tell - tried hard to build a stack early on, but was always one step forward, one step back. Ended up dribbling along and waiting for a spot - flopped 2 pair and decent low draw - lost to runner runner flush with no lo coming in.

Big55 - sat with 4521, avg 3530.   Ever hate getting AA early on when blinds are tiny - how about getting AA in the 3rd, 6th, and 9th hands of the tourney!!  Hope that"s not all my premiums for this tourney used up.

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Big$55 - 661/1097(2668).  stack 5k, avg 7.3k.  125/250/a30.    Not a single premium since that weird first orbit, but ran a few decent moves to keep the stack afloat.  

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Gone from the Big$55 in 852/2731 (243 paid).   Was down to 14x, and found a K in the SB when it folded to me - shoved, called by A5o which held.

Don"t think I played either game badly or wrong tonight - but never really got going in either. Those three AAs in the first orbit were a bit ridiculous - wish they had come a bit later.

2 down, 8 still to run.    May play the Bigger $55 tomorrow night - is usually pretty juicy on a Sunday.

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
In for tonight"s Bigger $55, with $160k Gtd.

Just busted SCOOP#1 L - 25k runners, 3.3k paid... came 4.7k, but felt I played pretty well, and just lost a couple of critical races.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 22:28:58 PM by AMRN »

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Big $55 - Second Break - 693/2776(5388 runners) - 675 paid.  Stack 7.3k v 5.7k avg - 75/150/20. 

Had a decent spot when sat with <30 BB...  MP raised, btn 3b, I 4b shoved from SB with AKs..... MP folded, btn called with A7.    AK held up, and we got a full double up, plus a bit.

EDIT: grrr called a min raise on the btn with 9Tcc - flop 9s4c3c.... raised original raiser"s cbet - he called all in with KQ and got there.  Down to 4k - 100/200/a25
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 22:29:12 PM by AMRN »

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Gone - 1257/5388.  3b shoved 20x pre with 99 against a serial raiser"s min-raise open.....  he had JJ which held.

3 down, 9 to go.   Gutted not to have cashed in one of these three.

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Playing tonight"s Big$55 at 8pm.     A little bit desperate for a return tonight to get this stake on track...

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member

Playing tonight"s Big$55 at 8pm.     A little bit desperate for a return tonight to get this stake on track...

god this is not going well - down to 1.5k at first break. Had only one hand of note - KK on the button at 10/20.... min raised and won the blinds.  Have tried a couple of ill timed moves... but mostly folded, lots.   In need of a hand - blinds 40/80

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member

god this is not going well - down to 1.5k at first break. Had only one hand of note - KK on the button at 10/20.... min raised and won the blinds.  Have tried a couple of ill timed moves... but mostly folded, lots.   In need of a hand - blinds 40/80

and gone. never got going, never had a hand, never found a spot.  Aside from the early KK, I had no pocket pairs, and my biggest Ace was with a 9.  I don"t even recall two broadway cards in the same hand.

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Tonight"s PLO was a little harsh - no problem with my game, but ran badly when it mattered!   Lost a huge pot early on when I cold 4bet pre with AA26ds, and got it in on a flop of 3K4 against KQJ2(!) - low missed, and river was a Q.  Had a rush and recovered to avg stack pretty quickly, then went a bit card dead and lingered, before getting all on flop with decent high and decent low - against a guy with nut low, but no high.... and lost to runner runner for the scoop.

Gonna play tonight"s Big55 - happy enough with my game... just wish I could find some run good and some confidence.

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member

Tonight"s PLO was a little harsh - no problem with my game, but ran badly when it mattered!   Lost a huge pot early on when I cold 4bet pre with AA26ds, and got it in on a flop of 3K4 against KQJ2(!) - low missed, and river was a Q.  Had a rush and recovered to avg stack pretty quickly, then went a bit card dead and lingered, before getting all on flop with decent high and decent low - against a guy with nut low, but no high.... and lost to runner runner for the scoop.

Gonna play tonight"s Big55 - happy enough with my game... just wish I could find some run good and some confidence.

Keep going mate, its gonna turn up, just keep doing what you are doing :)
England C Captain 2012
World Team Champions England 2013

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
1st break - still there... that"s a good start  ;)      Sat with 2.5k (from 3k) after a few little splashes to try and hit cheap.

One hand of note - called a min-raise from the BB with 67s against a player in MP with VPIP/PFR after ~60 hands of 3/3... with those stats, hoped he would have a big pair for me to crack.  Flop 457 - happy to get it in here.  I check - he bets small, I min-raise, he snap folds. sigh lol

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Gone.  Did some damage 3betting pre with TT, and c-bet folding a QJ4 flop.   Then re-shoved 20x with AJs, called by 66. Flopped an A, turned a 6.

Sorry guys - not going well.... 6 down, 4 to go.  :(

Note to self - run better.