Author Topic: WSOP Event #6: "Millionaire Maker" No-Limit Hold'em - Selling Action - 34% REM.  (Read 5804 times)

poker_jason

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 16:27:28 PM by poker_jason »

mylesfdo

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Those links dont seem to be working fyi Jason!!

poker_jason

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
Thanks for the heads up - Links corrected and tested!  ::)

mylesfdo

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
2% pls Jason....tbh its a bit of a longshot obv....would prob be up for investing more if it was for package of events while over there!!

poker_jason

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
mylesfdo - 2% Reserved.
Outside APAT - 14% Reserved.
34 % Remaining.

Cheers mylesfdo.

I have a loose schedule of events that I"ve planned in advance, I could do a base package (2K worth) but I"d only want to sell a small amount of this (20%) and I really wanted to keep my options open without any commitment or messing people about.

You raised an interesting point btw - how much of a longshot is one? I was thinking about this point all day Friday(thanks!)

I"ve cashed approx 1 in 5 / 1 in 6 live tournments in the last 18 months / 2 years. And I"ve been close on 3/4 other occassions. Obviously this is a small sample and I simply might have run good. Individual luck per tournment is definately a big factor though. Do I rate myself at 4-1 in this event to cash? I"m really not sure, we"re expecting several thousand for this event. Does this make it harder or easier.....more places paid/more fish/more variance

Of course cashing is one thing - final tabling another, and t3/winning is another. I might be 4-1 to cash, 40-1 to final table and 400-1 to win in a 4000 field. But this doesn"t seem right. How would I determine this?

I"d like to try and quantify this in some logical way and try to use the factors in play (e.g. Field size, Buy-in).
I might raise this as a topic for discussion at some point as I think it a very interesting question.

poker_jason

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
myles - PM sent, please let me know if haven"t received.

All, still shares available if interested.

Closing this with monies received shortly (tuesday).

Cheers
Jason

patrickc

• Silver Member
3% Jason please ile ship on stars my poker alias safc132.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 13:04:33 PM by patrickc »

poker_jason

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
Update:

mylesfdo - 2% Reserved.
patrickc - 3% Confirmed, (i.e. Monies Received). Thanks.

Outside APAT - 14% Reserved.

31 % Remaining.

poker_jason

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member

Update:

mylesfdo - 2% Reserved. This will play if monies are received before event starts.
patrickc - 3% Confirmed, (i.e. Monies Received). Thanks.

Outside APAT - 16% Reserved.

This is now finalised.
Updates via Twitter @daddykemp. I have a thread on the mob site which I"ll also try and update but twitter will be the main medium.

I"ll post results here afterwards and probably a few other bits.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 20:52:49 PM by poker_jason »

patrickc

• Silver Member
Would be nice for a update how you got on Jason.

poker_jason

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
Hi Patrick and Myles,

Apologies - I posted twitter messages and over on hendon here:

http://www.thehendonmob.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=46462

Sorry I missed you guys out - my bad.

I"m going to write a trip report but haven"t got round to it yep. But will do this soon.

The short version is I "lost" a third of my stack in the 1st level - 5 small pp"s + 99 + AK*2 (both utg). all small pots, all multiway with missed/bad flops. Turned 1 set on 3 flush board, paid off smallish bet on river to the made turn flush.

End of Level 2 manage to flop a set only for the board to run out st8 and flush possibles - somehow I"m good but obviously slowed down (up to 3800).

Got moved to a new table, aggressive but well balanced at least 3 compentent pro"s including november niner from last year and shaniac - probably at least 5 pros but didn"t recognise all. 2 recreationals (bad). Shanic and one recreation bust. Supertight oldish guy arrivesat table.

I have nothing but trash in most 3/4 bet pots. Get to late level 3 with 32 BB"s. Supertight oldish utg min-raises pre at 50-100. This looks fishy to me but I re-raise utg+1 to 6 or 700, calling the expected shove or going all-in on any flop if he calls. He then does something really fishy and re-raises to 2600 leaving me 600 behind. WTF?

I should be all-in here but tank 4/5mins-fold as I really think he has one of two hands I don"t want to play against.

Table comments both players in my seat busted with AK/AQ. I kinda feel the play was right even though I know I should be all-in there - bust or not.

Few hands later I have 88"s in UTG+2, with 21 BB"s its a difficult spot with the table dynamics. Decide that a Shove > Raise - Call Shove or any other permantation. Button Smooth calls, BB shoves, Button folds and I"m off to the races versus AKos for 3*my stack. 10,10,x flop puts me in good shape as I figure Button probably had some blockers. Flop is followed by J turn (Yuk), I"m counting the outs (13) as villian calls for a Q which the dealer duly deals.

I leave the Rio, go play cash at the Palms and proceed to miss 15-18 flops with PP"s - all of which would have been largely paid off.

By the 2nd time I have aces cracked in the same hour - I figure my day is done.

Again thanks for the support - just never got any real momentum going.

poker_jason

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
Forgot to add - Just to add to the fun of it I couldn"t remember my APAT log-in details and the log-in details to the email the account attached to my APAT Log-in.

Hence why Hendon got updated and here didn"t.

patrickc

• Silver Member
Cheers for that better luck next time.