Author Topic: Poker Prop bet - anybody up for this  (Read 85793 times)

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
Re: Poker Prop bet - anybody up for this
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2013, 23:08:34 PM »
Was hoping this would generate some interest. Great to see some of APAT's best taking an interest So far we have:-

BOINGBLITZ
josharp01
adilong1
amcgrath1uk
Swinebag22

Confirmed as interested. How sick is that list, there is not a weak link there. The winner will sure have to play some great poker to best these guy"s. I am also playing but am likely to be an easier spot than these five !!!!!!

Just thinking out loud,

We could agree an opening BR for every one to start on, almost like a buy in say $50 + $10.

You must stake atleast 50% of this minimum ( 10 games )

If you bust your out, but can buy back in for $50 + $10 ( build the pot + more for charity )

Whoever has the highest BR left the end of June wins

What you think?

To be honest Kav that would make it harder to run and I don"t want an admin nightmare (I am very lazy) I think most money won will be easy for me so I"ll stick with that :-)

I would keep it as simple as possible. Most profit wins with a min of 10 games.

Rod - were you definitely thinking just $2.50 180 turbos? No reg speed, hypers etc?

Hi Mark

I agree with keeping it simple. The reason I went for these to be honest is they are the fastest to fill. The standard $4.50 fill slowly by comparison and it is hard to play a decent number of them in a session. Can we please go with my suggestion to start with and if successful we can tweak and run again next month (maybe there is even a way to get it onto APATs room).

Would like to get involved in this - but you"re not suggesting they are the only games you"re gonna play all month? We just filter out the other games to create the results for the leaderboard?

Yes, Filter out other results was my thinking. I am guessing we will all want to play other games during the month on Stars

Rodders...use OPR to check winnings...much easier and open to all to view

This is cool, can you filter on OPR? Didn"t think you could which is why I said Sharkscope but will take a look now.

Can"t figure out how to filter it to just $2.50 180 manners? Anybody wanna help me with that?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 23:40:03 PM by AAroddersAA »
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

jbworldwide

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • APAT League Controller
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2013, 03:51:08 AM »
If you said most profit from 20 games then I would be interested (e.g. $50 staked total) because anyone who has a time opportunity and can do volume will be advantaged by this.
APAT League Controller

jbworldwide (PokerStars)

mylesfdo

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2013, 06:52:43 AM »

If you said most profit from 20 games then I would be interested (e.g. $50 staked total) because anyone who has a time opportunity and can do volume will be advantaged by this.

^^^^ this.....and Rodders not sure if u can filter like that on OPR tbh.....plus only prob with OPR is that everyone needs to be opted in for results to show up I believe unless theyve changed it!!

adilong1

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2013, 07:00:02 AM »

This sounds good, a round 20 should be fair on everyone
Adi
Co founder of Yorkshire Poker Club on Facebook
Catch me on Twitter: Adicricket1

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2013, 09:09:28 AM »

This sounds good, a round 20 should be fair on everyone

The idea is to encourage the players to play as many as possible. Yes it favours people who can play more but that is the idea. You can play 20 games in one day really easily.

I think this is also a great idea and I think it would be something to do separately to this? Can somebody start a thread for it if? you could even do the $4.50 standard games on this if you preferred as volume would be less of a consideration. In fact there may even be a way of getting it done on the apat poker room with a limited number of games? That would be good as it would support apat. This one involves volume though and that requires the "Stars traffic.

^^^^ this.....and Rodders not sure if u can filter like that on OPR tbh.....plus only prob with OPR is that everyone needs to be opted in for results to show up I believe unless theyve changed it!!

This is the same in Sharkscope and I mentioned it in the OP.

If you are up for it them please post your Pokerstars userid in the thread. There does not need to be a huge number of us to do this as I see it but reckon it would make for a good thread. Everybody could update the thread with how they are doing and I would do a leaderboard update once a week. We go my Sharkscope for the leaderboard. To play you will need to unlock results sites for Pokerstars.

So there is no limit on the number of games you play. If nobody who has signed up already objects we will say 10 games minimum. I think we are going to have to use Sharkscope as unless I am missing something obvious you can"t filter to the $2.50 180 man games on OPR?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 09:17:02 AM by AAroddersAA »

kevod85

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2013, 10:00:50 AM »

Was hoping this would generate some interest. Great to see some of APAT's best taking an interest So far we have:-

BOINGBLITZ
josharp01
adilong1
amcgrath1uk
Swinebag22

Confirmed as interested. How sick is that list, there is not a weak link there. The winner will sure have to play some great poker to best these guy"s. I am also playing but am likely to be an easier spot than these five !!!!!!

I better come along and spoil that then :) kevod11 on stars!
APAT Welsh Amateur Championship 2012 Bronze Medal

amcgrath1uk

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2013, 10:12:38 AM »
I"m thinking of playing a good couple of hundred as a minimum. Be interesting to see how many I actually manage.
Season 6 Online Ranking Winner
Season 6 UK Online Winner
Season 6 Member of the winning England team at the WCOAP
Season 6 Member of the England 'B' team, bronze medallists at the Home Internationals
Seasons 10 WCOAP Player of the series
WCOAP 8 game champ
WCOAP turbo champ
WCOAP Pineapple 2n

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2013, 10:16:43 AM »

BOINGBLITZ
josharp01
adilong1
amcgrath1uk
Swinebag22

I better come along and spoil that then :) kevod11 on stars!

lol @ Kev spoiling it. Just making the competition even tougher imo.
Great chance for other apaters to come in and show their stuff against a field of this quality though.

Will add you to the leaderboard post today Kev.

adilong1

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2013, 10:24:01 AM »
So it will be the whole month of June and $2.50 180 man turbo sngs?
Adi

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2013, 10:26:28 AM »

So it will be the whole month of June and $2.50 180 man turbo sngs?

Yes, that is correct. :-)

adilong1

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2013, 20:20:19 PM »
Well, I used to play a lot of $15 18 man sng but got bored.

So I had 2 $2.50 180man games when I got home from work to see what I"ve been missing?

Game 1:   OUT in 97th  Ac Kd <  6d 6c ,,,,,,hmmmm not a good start!! Shall I bother with another game?

Game 2:   1/180....BOOM   Ac Ks >  5h 5d all in pre for the Win  ;D

Erm.................Can I count this please???  :P
Adi

ajcairns

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2013, 20:22:10 PM »
i"m 3xBB on stars - gl!

aj

MAIR

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2013, 09:58:50 AM »
Love the idea, id like to up my game time on stars and start grinding the low stakes and putting in some volume to hopefully improve my game too as ive been crap lately.  Im in pls rodders, stars name is Mair38 :)
Mary Kivlin

cundallini

• Bronze Member
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2013, 10:11:00 AM »
I"m in. My name is Ben Cundall for those who don"t know me.

Username. cundallini

If we"ve not met i"ll be at the masters next week.

I"ve won a couple of these in the past but never given them a proper grind. Should be fun.
Deuces never looses

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2013, 10:25:25 AM »
June means June people, not May, stop using all your flip tokens before it starts :-)

Awesome, more people this is gonna be good by the looks of it we have

ajcairns
Mary
Cundallini

Will update Leaderboard post by the end of the day.

That gives us 10 people at the moment which makes it worthwhile.

We also have the question of the overall result, as a group how much profit do you think these ten players will make in June? I am going to say $400 profit.