Author Topic: William Hill English Amateur Poker Championship  (Read 39518 times)

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
Re: William Hill English Amateur Poker Championship
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2013, 18:45:25 PM »

Is there a way of finding out how many seats have gone/been reserved/remain?

6 reserved today Matt and we"ll put a mailer out tonight.  
Email: des@apat.com
Facebook: Des Duffy
Twitter: Des Duffy

ian.ski309

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2013, 18:50:25 PM »
Will this be the usual 200 runner tournament plus alternates ?
APAT European Team Championships 2009 - Gold Medal

"The gambling known as business looks with austere disfavor upon the business known as gambling." - Ambrose Pierce

lucasj37

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2013, 19:35:48 PM »

Reg"d and looking forward to it

We have too. Look forward to meeting you and other regulars again.

:)

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2013, 19:45:50 PM »

s4ooter

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @s4ooter
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2013, 19:48:30 PM »
lol

Im 100% playing the sats, and will reg the day after.

My concern is that you can reserve a seat for £5 for the Welsh Event already, however i dont really wanna pay an extra £5r so would much rather just have the holding tank for Welsh open so i can buy in for that too.

There will be no point for a Holding tank for Wales, as all the seats will be reserved for £5r a time by the time it appears.
Team Gotham - The Joker

Serial APAT Underachiever

Pears27

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2013, 20:18:39 PM »
I"ve just regged on WH for Coventry too. Trouble is, I"d reserved a seat cos I won"t be online on Wednesday, which I now didn"t need to do.

I"m not going to be an a-hole over a fiver, but given the error I wouldn"t mind getting it back...?

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2013, 20:48:14 PM »

Will this be the usual 200 runner tournament plus alternates ?

160 is capacity.

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2013, 20:51:35 PM »

lol

My concern is that you can reserve a seat for £5 for the Welsh Event already, however i dont really wanna pay an extra £5r so would much rather just have the holding tank for Welsh open so i can buy in for that too.

There will be no point for a Holding tank for Wales, as all the seats will be reserved for £5r a time by the time it appears.

We prefer players to qualify or buy in online. The reservation should be a last option if you need it.

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2013, 20:54:15 PM »

I"ve just regged on WH for Coventry too. Trouble is, I"d reserved a seat cos I won"t be online on Wednesday, which I now didn"t need to do.

I"m not going to be an a-hole over a fiver, but given the error I wouldn"t mind getting it back...?

I"ll refund you if there aren"t fees involved Paul. Happier to see players work with our partners.

ajcairns

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2013, 21:19:08 PM »
Des - I"m probably going to play both satellites this week to try and qualify, but if I fail I would like to be registered using the seat I won from the APAT Fantasy Football (Head to Head League) that I won a few weeks back.  Should I just post on here to confirm after the Sats?

Sugar_Free

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2013, 22:17:52 PM »

Des - I"m probably going to play both satellites this week to try and qualify, but if I fail I would like to be registered using the seat I won from the APAT Fantasy Football (Head to Head League) that I won a few weeks back.  Should I just post on here to confirm after the Sats?

Same here re 4th place in the UK Online series
S4 G UK Team - LPM
S6 S UK Online, B Online Team Cup, Home Internationals - England "B", Irish Online
S7 G (& Bracelet) WCOAP Online
S8 G Scottish Online, B WCOAP Stud
S9 S WCOAP Team - England, B UK Team - LPM
S10 S Irish Online, England Captain - WCOAP
S13 B UK Team - APAT Degens

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2013, 22:25:53 PM »
I"ll let Leigh and Matt confirm that guys, but sounds fine to me.

Sugar_Free

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2013, 15:59:09 PM »

lol

We prefer players to qualify or buy in online. The reservation should be a last option if you need it.

Then how about not opening the reservations until after the satellites and direct buy-in have closed?
S4 G UK Team - LPM
S6 S UK Online, B Online Team Cup, Home Internationals - England "B", Irish Online

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2013, 16:05:24 PM »

lol

Then how about not opening the reservations until after the satellites and direct buy-in have closed?

Defeats the ease of booking message Matt.  Some players just don"t want to start downloading clients and searching the forum, if there is an easy option there they will take it and if there isn"t, they are gone.  I"m not expecting this to become the defacto way that players get into the events.  Right now we"ve issued 14 seats across both events and that"s perfect as far as I can see - it"s being used as just one of several options to enter.  If it helps one or two players in the last week, then great - that"s a win, if it doesn"t, that"s fine too.

Sugar_Free

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2013, 16:40:57 PM »

lol

Defeats the ease of booking message Matt.  Some players just don"t want to start downloading clients and searching the forum, if there is an easy option there they will take it and if there isn"t, they are gone.  I"m not expecting this to become the defacto way that players get into the events.  Right now we"ve issued 14 seats across both events and that"s perfect as far as I can see - it"s being used as just one of several options to enter.  If it helps one or two players in the last week, then great - that"s a win, if it doesn"t, that"s fine too.

Fair points Des.

I"d suggest opening the holding tanks the same time as the reservations, but that doesn"t sound like an option if we want to try and satellite. Guess it"ll take a few events to see what the overall effect will be re panic for seats, supply and demand etc
S4 G UK Team - LPM