Author Topic: APAT in Prague - Planning & Rumour thread :)  (Read 14199 times)

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: APAT in Prague (Rumour thread)
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2013, 11:19:13 AM »

Myself and Debbi are staying at andel"s next month for 218 bed and breakfast for 4 nights over the world cup speedway.

There are at least 3 different hotels in the area which include the name "Andel" so one should be careful about jumping the gun for APAT in Prague.

When the venue is announced I will be putting up Travel Tips and include a map of the area with various hotel options indicated.

Just checked with the site I booked with for 5 to 8 dec double room with breakfast £45/night

Care to share the site?..I might not have that one. :)

For the record, I didn"t "jump the gun" I asked a question. Nor did I start a "rumour" as the new thread title implies.

jayteejack

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2013, 13:49:48 PM »

Myself and Debbi are staying at andel"s next month for 218 bed and breakfast for 4 nights over the world cup speedway.

There are at least 3 different hotels in the area which include the name "Andel" so one should be careful about jumping the gun for APAT in Prague.

When the venue is announced I will be putting up Travel Tips and include a map of the area with various hotel options indicated.

Just checked with the site I booked with for 5 to 8 dec double room with breakfast £45/night

Care to share the site?..I might not have that one. :)

Hi Paulie, i am aware that there are various hotels with the name Andel in it. however i did compare the address on my reservation for next month to that of the andel recommended on the prague poker web site and i am happy to confirm there is a definite match  ;D both this morning and when i double checked now.
on booking.com the prices are about 99 a night.
on clever hotels.com it works out fri- monday £45/night +£1 booking fee (£136) bed and breakfast.
having said that as you mentioned in Prague it is possible to get cheaper depending on your wants and needs.
i will be wiser next monthafter our stay

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2013, 13:55:12 PM »
Stuart,  I wasn"t suggesting that anyone had jumped anything. It was just a generic warning that nothing is confirmed as yet and that booking anything before it has been is unwise.

As for the thread title, I was trying to be humorous and indicate that, again, nothing is confirmed.
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2013, 14:00:00 PM »

Stuart,  I wasn"t suggesting that anyone had jumped anything. It was just a generic warning that nothing is confirmed as yet and that booking anything before it has been is unwise.

As for the thread title, I was trying to be humorous and indicate that, again, nothing is confirmed.

Glad you recognise that you were only trying to be humorous. Just as I am now.........but failing.

Where"s John Murray when you need him?

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2013, 14:01:59 PM »
Oh, dry humour... I"ve missed it.

fandango

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • "it was suited"
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2013, 14:11:48 PM »
Stuart-Paulie...

Can we get one thing straight please.. I do the "humour" have you two not seen my FB statuses for the last couple of years!!

Thank you in advance...
2011 Bronze medal in Omaha online WCOAP
2012 ECOAP Main Event Champion and Gold Medalist
2012 ECOAP Player of Series winner
2012 UK Amateur Champion
WCOAP Gold Medalist and Bracelet winner Team England
S7 WCOAP Bronze medal Antes only
Bronze Shoot out WCOAP

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2013, 14:51:19 PM »

Stuart-Paulie...

Can we get one thing straight please.. I do the "humour" have you two not seen my FB statuses for the last couple of years!!

Carl...you do..erm...obvious humour.

The experts amongst us,,and I"ll include Stuart here (as a gesture of goodwill) are a little more subtle about it.

:) In case anyone missed it.

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2013, 15:13:27 PM »
OK, having Carl claiming to do humour means we really have gone off topic so..........

Flights?

Given that the date is fixed (Is it?) what options have people considered for flights?

Bear in mind some will need to be there to play on Thursday (for the team event) and I guess they would then want to stay through to the Sunday.

A lot of return flights I"ve looked at are Sunday (which isn"t an issue for me as I will probably bust in Day 1) but what time is it likely to finish, how long will it take to get back to Airport, allowing time for check-in etc what would be a sensible flight time?

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2013, 15:17:44 PM »
My basic plan would be to fly out Friday and return Monday morning-ish as there will only be a minority ( I would assume) who would be selected for the Team event (although it would be nice) AND are willing to attend unless there"s an exceptional package on offer.

Flights.

Obviously I"m spoiled for choice by living in/around London so it will be down to what your airline could offer.

Something to bear in mind (making an assumption)...I always plan to make Day 2 and if this is a standard APAT event this could be quite late...if one final tables.

Airports / Airlines

Airport Transfer Time

I **think** it"s about a 30 minute trip.

A little information that i found (via Google)

From elsewhere...

The airport has two terminals (Terminals 1 and 2), so be sure to note the terminal that concerns your flight. Travel time from the city center to the airport is generally 20- 30 minutes at night and can take between 45 - 60 minutes during peak traffic periods.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 15:24:48 PM by Paulie_D »

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2013, 15:30:21 PM »

Hi Paulie, i am aware that there are various hotels with the name Andel in it. however i did compare the address on my reservation for next month to that of the andel recommended on the prague poker web site and i am happy to confirm there is a definite match  ;D both this morning and when i double checked now.
on booking.com the prices are about 99 a night.
on clever hotels.com it works out fri- monday £45/night +£1 booking fee (£136) bed and breakfast.
having said that as you mentioned in Prague it is possible to get cheaper depending on your wants and needs.
i will be wiser next month after our stay

Good to know...I"ve not heard of that site before and I"ve also noticed some large discrepancies between "official" pricing on the larger sites and significantly cheaper prices on lesser known sites.

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2013, 15:32:19 PM »
Jet2 - Leeds/Bradford only fly on Thursdays and Sundays

The Sunday flights leaves at 19.35

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2013, 15:36:27 PM »
Jet2 Manchester don"t fly out on a Wednesday and the Thursday flights gets in a 1800  :(

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2013, 15:36:40 PM »

Jet2 - Leeds/Bradford only fly on Thursdays and Sundays

The Sunday flights leaves at 19.35

If you Day 2 (and I think you are underestimating yourself)...you might have problems.

Allow say 2 hours for taxi & check-in etc. then you"re looking at a 5.30 hotel departure and perhaps only 3 hours of play.

Of course, if you are limited as to actual flight days/times then a serious think might be in order.

A bed (or at least a floor) for Sunday night would not be an issue.

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: APAT in Prague - Planning & Rumour thread :)
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2013, 15:46:17 PM »
jet2 Newcastle also only fly Thursdays and Sundays with the Sunday flight leaving at 19.05  >:(

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
Re: APAT in Prague - Planning & Rumour thread :)
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2013, 15:59:32 PM »
Des Confirms, Paulie_D Sorts, I Book.

Job Done.