Author Topic: The Joker in Vegas  (Read 84866 times)

Joker161

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
  • jhsch on 888
Re: The Joker in Vegas
« Reply #360 on: July 10, 2019, 17:48:54 PM »
As is tradition on the last morning, I go to the cash table to play until I need to get to the airport. Sadly, there's no table running, but the 9am tournament is on a break. 20 runners and they are down to 12. I decide to have a $70 gamble. I get 15k in chips and the 20 minute blinds start at 1k/2k. Here are my hands.

UTG+1: T3o.
UTG: 72o.
BB: J6s. There's a 10k raise and a call. Hands are JJ and KK. SB: A8o. CO goes all in for 12k and the button calls. A4 .v. AJ. Eight on flop would have won it for me. Down to 10 so a final table. I have 12k. I'm now UTG+2, I get T6o. Fold.
UTG+1: QJo. I go all in, everyone folds. Back to 15k.
UTG: K6o. Fold.
BB: Q2o. Button goes all in. I fold. Flop QT2 and the button had TT!
SB: A9s. There's a call UTG, button calls, so I add my 1000 and the BB checks. Flop is KT5. I fold to a bet. Should I have pushed? I think I would have been called.
CO: K2o. Folded to the button. He min raises. All-in feels wrong here. I think he might have a very big hand.
HJ: Q3o. Fold to a raise.
UTG+5: it's going to 2k/4k in five minutes. I have to push in the next three hands. I get 73s. Folded to me. I push and the SB calls. He has 99. I hit a seven on the flop but nothing else. I suppose I could have lost $70 in the same time playing cash.

Not sure what happened with the button hand. Probably rubbish.

Joker161

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
  • jhsch on 888
Re: The Joker in Vegas
« Reply #361 on: July 10, 2019, 17:51:46 PM »
As I leave the Card Room they are trying to start a new cash table. I sit down and make it three, and within five minutes we have a fourth and get going. Within 20 minutes we are full up. I play for two hours and the best hand I see is AQ. It doesn't win. What with blinds and the odd limp in LP (I never hit), I dribble down from a $300 starting stack to $175. At about 1pm I promise myself one more round of hands. The last hand was 63 UTG so I fold that, but the second and third last hands sum up the session. The first of these I get J9, there's a raise and I don't call. It makes two-pair on the river. The other one, I get AT and UTG raises. I decide to fold (amazing in hindsight - it looked massive). Flop has a king and a queen, turn a jack. Brilliant. Off to the airport now.

Back home. Good flight. It was half full so I got a row of seats and about four hours sleep. Result! Next big event will be the Goliath. Fingers crossed for that.