Author Topic: Any League In Season 7?  (Read 23894 times)

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: Any League In Season 7?
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2013, 11:12:15 AM »
I have a few suggestions if it"s not too late?

Matt D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2013, 13:36:13 PM »

No harm in posting them.
APAT Online is on Grosvenor Poker. Down the software from http://www.apat.com/grosvenor-poker

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2013, 13:46:31 PM »

No harm in posting them.

Did not want to start a debate if league rules was already sorted  

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2013, 17:01:28 PM »

No harm in posting them.

Did not want to start a debate if league rules was already sorted  

pm them to Matt or myself if you would prefer

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2013, 19:38:08 PM »
The league is advertised/promoted as a TEAM league but within that they is an individual league and also an individual league within the team and on top of that you are playing for individual money, so for me it"s too much individual and not enough team.

The first point is the old "your team is bigger than my team" debate. How to solve it would depend on what APAT wants from the league, to keep it regional or to open it up?

Keeping it regional and then it"s up to the teams to grow/expand or could you have more than 1 regional teams with a limit of 10? Example if you get 16 players register to a region, have 2 teams of 8 leaving spaces open if more join during the league but what happens if you have 2 teams of 10 then 1 more wants to join?

Do you do away with reigns and have it open to teams to enter like in the Cup games.

I have not got a answer to this but was it just a coincidence that the team with most players won the league and the 2nd highest team finished 2nd.  

2nd point, take away the individual league, I know this was put in place to encourage the players who were in teams that was less supported but all this does is make it more of an individual league than a team league. Take away the individual league within the team for the same reason.

Prize Money
No mater were you finish in the game if your team wins then the money gets shared out to all the team. Example, you can have a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place team cash. 100 runners at $5 = $500 1st place $250, 2nd place $150 3rd place $100. If you have only 5 in your team but win on the night then it would be $50 each does not matter if you was first out or you won the game you all get the same. If you was in a team of 10 you would get $25 and so on. I know this will not go down well but the point I"m trying to make is that this is a TEAM game.

Added prize
Any added prize(s) would then be played out in a freeroll(s) for the team players on a 2 tier system. 1st freeroll for all players that played in 7 or more games. 2nd freeroll for all players that scored points. Again what I"m trying to say is at the moment you can play all 10 games and be on the winning team but have no points so you end up with no prize this way you still have a chance.

I know there is allot of holes in this and I could expand on some of the points but the main point is this is a TEAM league. So you either win as a team or lose as a team        

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2013, 21:46:45 PM »
Please keep individual element in, one because like Wayne says it gives players something to aim at even if their team is struggling and also because it promotes less soft playing against team mates and keeps the poker "purer"

NellieG

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2013, 11:17:57 AM »

Please keep individual element in, one because like Wayne says it gives players something to aim at even if their team is struggling and also because it promotes less soft playing against team mates and keeps the poker "purer"

Agree entirely to keep individual. I also think you should play for the region you live in - not where you were born! Quite a number of players live in London and outer London but do not play for the London team, therefore, could those who live in London choose a team to play either N, E, S or W of London to play?

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2013, 12:04:36 PM »
Just over 2 weeks before this starts, when will we have full deatails of this?

regions/leagues/prizes etc  

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2013, 12:21:57 PM »
There is going to be a delay on the new league.  Likely to start in September now.

Santino67

• Platinum Member
  • Fat Charlie Sheen - @GrantSpeirs
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2013, 12:44:42 PM »

There is going to be a delay on the new league.  Likely to start in September now.

Which September? Any further news? ;D
APAT Scottish Amateur Champion 2011 :~)
APAT Online North America PLO Champion 2011
Chipaccrual's Big APAT Christmas End Of Year Quiz Champion 2011
2012 Scottish Captain @ ECOAP
APAT Online Irish PLO Champion 2013
APAT Online Scottish Champion 2017

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2013, 09:57:08 AM »
The forum is abit slow at the moment, it needs some kind of an announecment to liven things up. I know tell us when the league will start

:)

patrickc

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2013, 11:33:22 AM »
Does anyone know if theres a league this year or not.

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2013, 13:11:19 PM »
Hi Guys - apologies for the delay with this.  There will certainly be a league this year we"ve just been delayed in announcing details for a couple of reasons.  When we have the dates confirmed, we"ll communicate in a big way.
Email: des@apat.com
Facebook: Des Duffy
Twitter: Des Duffy

adilong1

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2013, 19:33:07 PM »
Bump,bump,bump

Missing the league!!! :(
Adi
Co founder of Yorkshire Poker Club on Facebook
Catch me on Twitter: Adicricket1

Sef

• Regional Captain
  • Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2013, 22:22:10 PM »

Bump,bump,bump

Missing the league!!! :(

^^^^^^^^ +1
You can only play pocket jacks 3 ways, all of which are wrong.

It's only a gambling problem if you are losing :D

Follow me on twitter @pbsef