Author Topic: Cash Tour - Leg 2 - Cardiff - Tournament Format  (Read 7319 times)

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
Re: Cash Tour - Leg 2 - Cardiff - Tournament Format
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2013, 07:09:56 AM »
Good feedback guys, thanks. We"ll be back with an update this morning.
Email: des@apat.com
Facebook: Des Duffy
Twitter: Des Duffy

MarkTheShark

• Platinum Member
    • The Pokeriety
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2013, 10:03:13 AM »
Morning Guys,

Apologies for the confusion with this.

The mandate after discussion was that the Cash Tour should be pretty much ran to the same parameters that it was for Leg 1 in Coventry, with the ability to make a couple of cosmetic tweaks, or firming up on questions raised during the Coventry Leg, to see/gauge what effect they had on the game. I believe that the original post advertising Leg 2 that was put up was an older one, since superceded by Coventry - but that is my/our fault - not yours.

The Cash Tour is an evolving tournament and we know there are many ideas/opinions around that could be applied - all of which have merit - they need to be tested to see so we can have some comparative data and feedback - but of course we dont want to compromise the integrity of any one game and would, ideally, like some uniformity - hence why on the OP i did mention that this format would be pretty much the same as Leg 1, with the view to make more wholesale changes for Leg 3 at DTD, which naturally will be a "bigger" event.

That said, some good songs have been well sung and we have erred with the original representation of Leg 2 that has caused at least some players to commit to the event.

Therefore :

The maximum buy in amount of will be raised to £200

We will raise the Championship Fee accordingly to £10 - so your minimum (initial) buy in will now be £50 + £15 ( £10 of which is the Championship fee)

There will be NO straddles for this event - we will look to introduce it, should we believe it right to do so, at DTD.

Buy ins must be made in increments of £50 (no fees for subsequent reloads or topups) but is at the player discretion as to when these happen - if a player wishes to sit down with a full £200, or a minimum £50 and then add to it during Phase 1, that is their prerogative, and according to their own preference and strategy. But no additions can be made during Phase 2, even if a player still has the potential to.

The Opening Post will be edited to reflect these changes which I hope are to the satisfaction of most of you, if not all (!) - and i continue to look forward to seeing you Friday night.

Mark

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2013, 10:27:02 AM »
Excellent - see you there.

Gazza

• Bronze Member
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2013, 10:51:14 AM »

Morning Guys,

The mandate after discussion was that the Cash Tour should be pretty much ran to the same parameters that it was for Leg 1 in Coventry, with the ability to make a couple of cosmetic tweaks, or firming up on questions raised during the Coventry Leg, to see/gauge what effect they had on the game. I believe that the original post advertising Leg 2 that was put up was an older one, since superceded by Coventry - but that is my/our fault - not yours.

The Cash Tour is an evolving tournament and we know there are many ideas/opinions around that could be applied - all of which have merit - they need to be tested to see so we can have some comparative data and feedback - but of course we dont want to compromise the integrity of any one game and would, ideally, like some uniformity - hence why on the OP i did mention that this format would be pretty much the same as Leg 1, with the view to make more wholesale changes for Leg 3 at DTD, which naturally will be a "bigger" event.

That said, some good songs have been well sung and we have erred with the original representation of Leg 2 that has caused at least some players to commit to the event.

Therefore :

We will raise the Championship Fee accordingly to £10 - so your minimum (initial) buy in will now be £50 + £15 ( £10 of which is the Championship fee)

There will be NO straddles for this event - we will look to introduce it, should we believe it right to do so, at DTD.

Buy ins must be made in increments of £50 (no fees for subsequent reloads or topups) but is at the player discretion as to when these happen - if a player wishes to sit down with a full £200, or a minimum £50 and then add to it during Phase 1, that is their prerogative, and according to their own preference and strategy. But no additions can be made during Phase 2, even if a player still has the potential to.

The Opening Post will be edited to reflect these changes which I hope are to the satisfaction of most of you, if not all (!) - and i continue to look forward to seeing you Friday night.

Mark

This sounds much better, looking forward to it.

dwh103

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @dwh103
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2013, 13:09:32 PM »

Morning Guys,

Therefore :

Mark

No need for apologies. Just a thanks from us for listening to the feedback and tweaking extremely quickly. :)
TEAM GOTHAM (Batman)

http://twitter.com/dwh103

Won some stuff too long ago for it to stay on a signature.

tonyj444

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2013, 15:52:24 PM »
Looks good.

Just to clarify - will the winner be the simply the largest stack, or the person who has made the most profit (could be different depending on number of top-ups taken).  I assume that the same rule will apply to choosing the top 8 for FT?

MarkTheShark

• Platinum Member
    • The Pokeriety
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2013, 16:58:42 PM »

Looks good.

Just to clarify - will the winner be the simply the largest stack, or the person who has made the most profit (could be different depending on number of top-ups taken).  I assume that the same rule will apply to choosing the top 8 for FT?

Simply the 8 largest stacks remaining go through to the final - and then the largest stack left in play at the end of the Final Phase is declared the winner.

A player may win a monster and decide to cash out during Phase 1 to take the profit and avoid potentially losing any of it - thats their choice - the winner will be the biggest stack at the end of the cumulative 5 hours play.

TGBane

• Bronze Member
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2013, 18:51:35 PM »
Sorry, but the question of wether it is the top 8 stacks or the top 8 profits that make the final table/win the event has still not been answered.
TEAM GOTHAM (Bane)
2013 APAT Wembley Masters 2nd
2013 APAT Cardiff Cash Tour 1st
2013 Season 7 Cash Tour 1st
2014 Season 8 APAT European PLO8 1st
2014 Season 8 APAT European  NLHE (side event) 2nd
2016 Season 9 WCOAP online Turbo NLHE 1st
Twitter: DWAAYNE

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2013, 19:14:03 PM »

Sorry, but the question of wether it is the top 8 stacks or the top 8 profits that make the final table/win the event has still not been answered.

I think it has. In the post above yours. It"s the 8 largest stacks.