Author Topic: Reserve a seat  (Read 2798 times)

Zozzy

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
Reserve a seat
« on: July 01, 2013, 15:33:16 PM »
The click button to reserve a seat for the live tour is a new innovation and I took advantage of it to guarantee my Coventry seat.
I was running late travelling down and arrived 20 minutes after the start. I was pleased to see that my name was on the reserved list and I was taken straight to a table.

I was unsure whether I would have lost some blinds at this point. This wasn"t the case I had a full stack.
There were about 140 players at this point with the capacity capped at 160 so there were no issues.

My question is what would have happened if 160 players had already sat down when I arrived and there was an alternate list ?
Would my reservation be void after the first hand was dealt and then I join the back of the queue? or is there a time limit as to when I turn up with a seat guaranteed?
Would there be an empty seat with my name on it? or maybe other players on the waiting list would be allowed to take seats vacated by eliminated players and then when I arrived I jump to the front of the waiting list?
England Team member WCOAP 2017
APAT Christmas Cracker winner 2016
Gold Medal-2012 Scottish Online Championship
Player of the Series October 2012
Silver Medal-2011 English Amateur Poker Championship

Twitter @CraigZozzy

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
Re: Reserve a seat
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 16:25:07 PM »

Would my reservation be void after the first hand was dealt and then I join the back of the queue? or is there a time limit as to when I turn up with a seat guaranteed?

My understanding was that the seat would be held until, I think, 30 minutes before the scheduled start time after which it was up for grabs and you lost all claim (and a fiver).

If that were the case, and someone else bought in, you would go to the back/bottom of the reserve/late reg list.

EDIT: Just re-read the original thread and I can"t see any specified time/timeframe for "default" but I think the comp start time would be the very last.

After all, why deny another person the option to enter because the reserver isn"t there? If APAT had had a message that you were delayed then an accommodation could, perhaps, be made but in the absence of other information they would have to assume they had just "no-showed".
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 16:40:46 PM by Paulie_D »
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

Sugar_Free

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 18:38:58 PM »

I was unsure whether I would have lost some blinds at this point. This wasn"t the case I had a full stack.

We were still on the first orbit and the blinds hadn"t actually got to you yet.
S4 G UK Team - LPM
S6 S UK Online, B Online Team Cup, Home Internationals - England "B", Irish Online
S7 G (& Bracelet) WCOAP Online
S8 G Scottish Online, B WCOAP Stud
S9 S WCOAP Team - England, B UK Team - LPM
S10 S Irish Online, England Captain - WCOAP
S13 B UK Team - APAT Degens

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 18:57:52 PM »
Wouldn"t have been an issue, Paulie D freed up a seat for you.  ;)

Zozzy

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2013, 15:27:14 PM »
What is the official answer to my OP please. Just in case I pay a fiver and turn up late again  ;D
England Team member WCOAP 2017
APAT Christmas Cracker winner 2016
Gold Medal-2012 Scottish Online Championship
Player of the Series October 2012
Silver Medal-2011 English Amateur Poker Championship

Twitter @CraigZozzy

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2013, 09:10:49 AM »
Hi Craig,

If you"re not in your seat and have fully paid the buy in by the time the event starts, then you would lose your reservation. We also couldn"t put a player with a reserved seat at the head of the waiting list as there may be several of them (who may not turn up) and several locals waiting to play also.

Cheers,

Des.
Email: des@apat.com
Facebook: Des Duffy
Twitter: Des Duffy