Author Topic: UK and Ireland Home Internationals  (Read 16623 times)

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
Re: UK and Ireland Home Internationals
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2013, 09:19:21 AM »

Steve, could you please explain what "six sigma lean" is.

I am aware of " six sigma" and "lean" and have even heard of the modern "lean six sigma" but "six sigma lean" is new on me.

Hmm apparently not *lol*, at the moment where I am concerned it seems to consist of making lot"s of graphs, looking at lot"s of data and getting nowhere, how efficient of me :-). But Yeah OK six sigma lean is wrong and actually makes no sense at all, event though I am still going to say it as I am a muppet.

However I reckon you could create a skills matrix (based on this) to select a heads up players based on the data if you made all your team play 100 HU matches against the same opponents at the same stakes, calculated and plotted accurate results and expected EV? Take out any results positive if negative that were the results of a bad beat either way (eliminate special causes). That would maximise your chances of success right? So the player who was performing best would not always be the captain? Sorry that"s the best I can do off the top of my head at the moment, hopefully it makes the point it"s like a game of football isn"t it :-)

I was in a very bad mood yesterday (mainly due to a continuous improvement project I am stuck with in work which is not going well, maybe because I am mixing up the basic concepts it seems *lol*). I am better today though.

Can we go back to talking about how Stu is going to beat me at heads up later please.
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

Laxie

• Platinum Member
Re: UK and Ireland Home Internationals
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2013, 09:47:11 AM »

Steve, could you please explain what "six sigma lean" is.

I am aware of " six sigma" and "lean" and have even heard of the modern "lean six sigma" but "six sigma lean" is new on me.

Hmm apparently not *lol*, at the moment where I am concerned it seems to consist of making lot"s of graphs, looking at lot"s of data and getting nowhere, how efficient of me :-). But Yeah OK six sigma lean is wrong and actually makes no sense at all, event though I am still going to say it as I am a muppet.

However I reckon you could create a skills matrix (based on this) to select a heads up players based on the data if you made all your team play 100 HU matches against the same opponents at the same stakes, calculated and plotted accurate results and expected EV? Take out any results positive if negative that were the results of a bad beat either way (eliminate special causes). That would maximise your chances of success right? So the player who was performing best would not always be the captain? Sorry that"s the best I can do off the top of my head at the moment, hopefully it makes the point it"s like a game of football isn"t it :-)

I was in a very bad mood yesterday (mainly due to a continuous improvement project I am stuck with in work which is not going well, maybe because I am mixing up the basic concepts it seems *lol*). I am better today though.

Can we go back to talking about how Stu is going to beat me at heads up later please.

Poor Stu.  To be fair to him, he decided he"d had enough at around 1am ish and headed for bed.  Except that he didn"t manage to stay in the bed all night.  He was found on the bedroom floor this morning with Archie (our dog) thrown down nearby.  All that was missing was a ciggy hanging out of Arch"s mouth.  lololololol

Around 9am this morning he finally surfaced after having his face licked off by the two dogs. 

Not sure what all this means for his heads up matches later, but I"m sure you"ll have fun with it.   :D