Author Topic: NFL Season 2013/14 - Fantasy Comp/Discussion thread  (Read 22982 times)

KarmaDope

• Platinum Member
  • The Groom
    • Blonde Forum
Re: NFL Season 2013/14 - Fantasy Comp/Discussion thread
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2013, 21:55:46 PM »

how the hell have you got that team together from #8???

blimey mate....thats unreal. Jamaal Charles dropping to 13? I have him pegged at #3!

AJ Green at 28??? he should be second WR off the board after Calvin Johnson!

Reggie Bush at 73....dear me.....

i hope you have some serious bets on the outcome of that league mate!!!!

I wish, it was a mock draft...
[IMG=http://www.vegasmessageboard.com/countdown/countdown.php?c=purple&f=3&y=2013&m=11&d=12&h=18&mi=20&o=0&p=1][/img]

MarkTheShark

• Platinum Member
    • The Pokeriety
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2013, 21:58:04 PM »
i was gonna say.....that was just scary!

Newportlad

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2013, 22:01:18 PM »
I"m a massive 49ers fan.  Have watched the NFL since it first came to Channel 4 in the early 80"s.
I used to play as well in the late 80"s - Mid 90"s in the British League.  We made the British Final back in "95

http://britbowlfilms.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/1995-bafa-bowl-div-3-gwent-v-oxford.html

I"ve been to a few of the regular season games at Wembley including the 49ers vs Broncos game a few years ago. Not going this year though.

Did anyone used to go to the London Monarchs games?  I went to a couple of their 1st season games at Wembley, and they were great fun.  Sold out games, and a great atmosphere.

APAT Ireland 2008 Champion
APAT European 2010 Runner-Up
6 Final Tables
Captain of Team Cardiff. Online Southern Division Winners 2009
Team Cymru 2008
Team Cymru 2009
Team Cymru 2013

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2013, 22:02:13 PM »

blimey mate....thats unreal. Jamaal Charles dropping to 13? I have him pegged at #3!

LOL UL

****s everywhere"s Offense roster for week 1.

Peyton Manning Den - QB

WRReggie Wayne Ind - WR

WR T.Y. Hilton Ind - WR

WR Torrey Smith Bal - WR

RB
Adrian Peterson Min - RB

RB
Stevan Ridley NE - RB

TE
Greg Olsen Car - TE

W/R/T
DeAngelo Williams Car - RB

Thats the offensive unit i have managed to lumber myself with  :( massive sigh
England C Captain 2012
World Team Champions England 2013

KarmaDope

• Platinum Member
  • The Groom
    • Blonde Forum
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2013, 22:08:09 PM »
cant complain this week - IND are playing the Raiders.

Fill yer boots, Colts RB/WR"s.
[IMG=http://www.vegasmessageboard.com/countdown/countdown.php?c=purple&f=3&y=2013&m=11&d=12&h=18&mi=20&o=0&p=1][/img]

Newportlad

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2013, 22:08:23 PM »
Did a league draft last night and came up with the following team.  Picked no 10 from a 14 man league

Payton Manning
Jamaal Charles
Danny Amendola
Wes Welker
Vernon Davis
Anquan Boldin
Matt Bryan
Pitttsburgh

Bench:
Joe Flacco
Kenny Britt
Pierre Thomas
Knowshon Moreno
6 Final Tables
Team Cymru 2008
Team Cymru 2009
Team Cymru 2013

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2013, 22:10:17 PM »

cant complain this week - IND are playing the Raiders.

Fill yer boots, Colts RB/WR"s.

Just got to hope Luck doesnt have one of his "turns" where he throws 4 interceptions in a game*

** Yes i had Luck as my QB last season....
England C Captain 2012

MarkTheShark

• Platinum Member
    • The Pokeriety
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2013, 22:13:25 PM »

I"m a massive 49ers fan.  Have watched the NFL since it first came to Channel 4 in the early 80"s.
I used to play as well in the late 80"s - Mid 90"s in the British League.  We made the British Final back in "95

http://britbowlfilms.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/1995-bafa-bowl-div-3-gwent-v-oxford.html

I"ve been to a few of the regular season games at Wembley including the 49ers vs Broncos game a few years ago. Not going this year though.

Did anyone used to go to the London Monarchs games?  I went to a couple of their 1st season games at Wembley, and they were great fun.  Sold out games, and a great atmosphere.

great stuff....i played a season or two for a local team based in Stoke - absolutely loved it - sadly, thanks to years of football i have (and had) the ankles and knees of an 80 year old with barely a cartilege between them, so i didnt last for long - but started off at TE, then moved to a DL before i had to stop.

Always been ante the Niners - suppose they were the Man Utd of the 80s and 90s - plus they were usually the team that dumped the Redskins out of the NFC playoffs. But its exciting times to be a Niners fan again.

Only ever been to one live NFL game, and wont go to a Wembley game unless the Redskins are there. I was close to going to the Chargers v Saints game, as i have an affinity to New Orleans - but didnt go in the end.

MarkTheShark

• Platinum Member
    • The Pokeriety
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2013, 22:15:54 PM »

LOL UL

****s everywhere"s Offense roster for week 1.

Peyton Manning Den - QB

WRReggie Wayne Ind - WR

WR T.Y. Hilton Ind - WR

WR Torrey Smith Bal - WR

RB
Adrian Peterson Min - RB

RB
Stevan Ridley NE - RB

TE
Greg Olsen Car - TE

W/R/T
DeAngelo Williams Car - RB

Thats the offensive unit i have managed to lumber myself with  :( massive sigh

you mustve had #1 pick if you landed Peterson......Manning #2 and Ridley #3 picks?

Adam dead right tho....with Indy playing the Raiders this weekend any Colt (DST included) is a must start.

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2013, 22:18:14 PM »
I was no.2 My brother was 1st and picked drew brees. Yeah i think ridley was number 3.

Im predicted 2rd in our league (out of 8) so should make the playoffs for once!!

Hoping for big things from TY this week and Reggie is the get out ball for Luck usually so should do ok :)
England C Captain 2012

MarkTheShark

• Platinum Member
    • The Pokeriety
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2013, 22:19:42 PM »

Did a league draft last night and came up with the following team.  Picked no 10 from a 14 man league

Payton Manning
Jamaal Charles
Danny Amendola
Wes Welker
Vernon Davis
Anquan Boldin
Matt Bryan
Pitttsburgh

Bench:
Joe Flacco
Kenny Britt
Pierre Thomas
Knowshon Moreno

Nice pick up of Charles at 10 there mate - as said before i think hes primed for a huge season and have him at #3 in the RBs overall - only behind AP and Foster. So to get him at 10 is very good. You must have looked to lock up Manning with your second pick? Must admit my drafts have usuall gone RB/RB/WR first three levels and been happy to get someone like Matt Ryan, Cam Newton or even Kaepernick/Wilson/Romo somewhere around round 5 or 6. Britt is a nice option to have on your bench.

Newportlad

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2013, 22:22:19 PM »

great stuff....i played a season or two for a local team based in Stoke - absolutely loved it - sadly, thanks to years of football i have (and had) the ankles and knees of an 80 year old with barely a cartilege between them, so i didnt last for long - but started off at TE, then moved to a DL before i had to stop.

Always been ante the Niners - suppose they were the Man Utd of the 80s and 90s - plus they were usually the team that dumped the Redskins out of the NFC playoffs. But its exciting times to be a Niners fan again.

Only ever been to one live NFL game, and wont go to a Wembley game unless the Redskins are there. I was close to going to the Chargers v Saints game, as i have an affinity to New Orleans - but didnt go in the end.

I started off as a WR, then moved to Free Safety, where I won a trophy from BAFA for the "Most interceptions in a year".  Also played Kick Returner and Punt Retuner, which was great fun. I could tell you about our trip to Guernsey, but that is a long, long story in itself.
6 Final Tables
Team Cymru 2008
Team Cymru 2009
Team Cymru 2013

Newportlad

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2013, 22:24:24 PM »

Payton Manning
Jamaal Charles
Danny Amendola
Wes Welker
Vernon Davis
Anquan Boldin
Matt Bryan
Pitttsburgh

Bench:
Joe Flacco
Kenny Britt
Pierre Thomas
Knowshon Moreno

Nice pick up of Charles at 10 there mate - as said before i think hes primed for a huge season and have him at #3 in the RBs overall - only behind AP and Foster. So to get him at 10 is very good. You must have looked to lock up Manning with your second pick? Must admit my drafts have usuall gone RB/RB/WR first three levels and been happy to get someone like Matt Ryan, Cam Newton or even Kaepernick/Wilson/Romo somewhere around round 5 or 6. Britt is a nice option to have on your bench.

My league is playing slightly different to norm, in that starters are, QB, RB, 2x WR, 1xTE 1x TE/WR/RB,  K, DEF
6 Final Tables
Team Cymru 2008
Team Cymru 2009
Team Cymru 2013

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2013, 22:26:45 PM »

Payton Manning
Jamaal Charles
Danny Amendola
Wes Welker
Vernon Davis
Anquan Boldin
Matt Bryan
Pitttsburgh

Bench:
Joe Flacco
Kenny Britt
Pierre Thomas
Knowshon Moreno

My league is playing slightly different to norm, in that starters are, QB, RB, 2x WR, 1xTE 1x TE/WR/RB,  K, DEF

Take it thats Yahoo?
England C Captain 2012

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2013, 06:05:41 AM »
WOW!!

Thats why we pick Peyton Manning :D
England C Captain 2012