Author Topic: 25nl Zoom line check  (Read 2529 times)

Sillbags

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
25nl Zoom line check
« on: October 21, 2013, 18:29:10 PM »
25nl Zoom full ring. Villain is playing 10/9/6 over 140 hands.

- can we fold to the turn raise?

- can we fold river?

PokerStars - $0.25 NL FAST - Holdem - 9 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4: http://www.pokertracker.com

kalabah (BTN): $25.00
Saiakate (SB): $13.24
NedCongleton (BB): $15.18
chancefatum (UTG): $108.76
9pw6z (UTG+1): $30.33
Ivan Big 1 (UTG+2): $32.66
SillBags (MP): $25.25
664939743 (MP+1): $59.88
ARGISHTI VS (CO): $35.78

Saiakate posts SB $0.10, NedCongleton posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) SillBags has Kd Ad
fold, fold, fold, SillBags raises to $0.75, 664939743 calls $0.75, fold, fold, fold, fold

Flop : ($1.85, 2 players) 3s 2d A s
SillBags bets $1.00, 664939743 calls $1.00

Turn : ($3.85, 2 players) 2c
SillBags bets $2.00, 664939743 raises to $6.50, SillBags calls $4.50

River : ($16.85, 2 players) 9d
SillBags checks, 664939743 bets $17.25

Hero?

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
Re: 25nl Zoom line check
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 23:33:58 PM »
Hi Neil - as played fold

Preflop is obviously fine. Caller is quite tight so I would give him a range of Pocket Pairs and broadway cards I suppose. He should be 3-betting JJ+ and any other AK combos. I guess he could have AQ and AJ in his range though.

Flop is good for our hand, like the bet and happy with the call. I now think he has something might have a pair still and be calling one street or might have an ace we can beat. Not too many monsters in that range, flush draw is unlikely as a lot of combos of that are removed with As being on the board.

Turn is a good card for our hand, like the bet, then - BOOM. This is really player dependent now, any notes or stats to help? Pairs between 66-KK should really now be convinced and fold or at least just flat call also hands like AQ and AJ should just call. We don"t lose to much. I don"t see how we can be beaten.

Sigh - but we just are. Unless we have a reason to believe otherwise just fold, he is almost always going to bomb the river and one pair is rarely going to be good enough - calling must be -EV. It really looks like we have and ace and he does not seemed worried by that. Think 33 pops up a lot and somehow a 2 has got into his range here as well given the line he has taken.

River is a simple fold imo, we asked the question by calling the turn, he has answered on the river.

Wish these spots were as simple in game as they are on here though.
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

Sillbags

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 12:13:48 PM »
He did have 33, but that was the only hand that I thought was in his range which had me beat. I leveled myself into thinking he could have AQ, but upon reflection, I don"t think that"s accurate. Difficult to fold when you can only see 1 possible hand that beats you.

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 12:33:42 PM »
Yeah I agree and in game I would do the same a lot more than I should as would near enough everybody.

My opinion on this is that the action suggests that he has one pair beateb a lot more than he should a tight player playing full ring flatting pre then calling the flop and suddenly wanting to get loads of money in the middle on a seemingly dry paired board is about as strong a line as it gets. As you say VERY hard not to pay this off but folding the turn is the best play. Not sure I do it often enoughas I said. Fairly confident I could fold the river though, I might be over estimating myself again though.

Do players really do this with AQ or AJ here. In my experience the answer is no, thats why we need to make players notes so that we can identify if they do. If we know he can do this with AQ then it is a call/call. If we don"t know that it is a fold on the turn. Also a fold OTR.

Interesting spot actually.
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.