Author Topic: 30 and out  (Read 6335 times)

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • I wish I was as good as someone better than me!
30 and out
« on: October 21, 2013, 11:51:47 AM »
Sadly I will not be in Glasgow in 10 days time for the Scottish Championships.

This will bring to an end a run of 30 consecutive Live Apat Main Events for me dating back to season 5.

There were a few near misses, with top 20 finishes in 9 of them, but no final tables, so I guess the report would say "capable but could do better". Pretty much like my school reports used to say!

It"s been emotional. ;)
APAT Season 6 statistics
APAT Live Events 8, Attended 8, Final Tables 0, Cashes 0, Ranking Points 0, Having a word with myself 1.

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
Re: 30 and out
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 12:03:15 PM »

This will bring to an end a run of 30 consecutive Live Apat Main Events for me dating back to season 5.

There were a few near misses, with top 20 finishes in 9 of them, but no final tables, so I guess the report would say "capable but could do better". Pretty much like my school reports used to say!

It"s been emotional. ;)

Wow, incredible record Rich and thanks for the support over the years.  Didn"t you final in Luton?
Email: des@apat.com
Facebook: Des Duffy
Twitter: Des Duffy

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 12:10:20 PM »

It"s been emotional. ;)

Great run Curly, and credit where it is due. You are one of the people we expect to see at an event and one of the guys who does (and is still doing) loads to make the great community even better. 

Also 9 top 20"s out of 30 is amazing quite frankly. I always say that when you get to the last couple of tables the hard work is done, now you just have to get lucky. The final table cannot be too far away if you keep getting to that point.

Sad to miss Glasgow myself, it was a GREAT weekend last year. Also you won the prestigious Super Poker event.
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

Sef

• Regional Captain
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 12:43:46 PM »
Incredible run!! Shame you cant make it.
You can only play pocket jacks 3 ways, all of which are wrong.

It's only a gambling problem if you are losing :D

Follow me on twitter @pbsef

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 13:38:34 PM »

Anything anyone can help with?
Carpe Diem
Member of East of England Poker Club
Team member APAT forum 2013

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2013, 13:44:56 PM »

Anything anyone can help with?

you could move it to Luton ;)
APAT Season 6 statistics
APAT Live Events 8, Attended 8, Final Tables 0, Cashes 0, Ranking Points 0, Having a word with myself 1.

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2013, 13:46:39 PM »

It"s been emotional. ;)

Wow, incredible record Rich and thanks for the support over the years.  Didn"t you final in Luton?

That was my very first Apat Main Event in 2009, and thanks for pointing that out ;D
APAT Season 6 statistics

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2013, 14:58:44 PM »

It"s been emotional. ;)

That was my very first Apat Main Event in 2009, and thanks for pointing that out ;D

Some have called that the greatest main event ever.
England C Captain 2012
World Team Champions England 2013

KarmaDope

• Platinum Member
  • The Groom
    • Blonde Forum
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2013, 15:00:08 PM »

It"s been emotional. ;)

Only you Stu, only you ;)
[IMG=http://www.vegasmessageboard.com/countdown/countdown.php?c=purple&f=3&y=2013&m=11&d=12&h=18&mi=20&o=0&p=1][/img]

Delboy

• Silver Member
  • Its not about the Poker
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2013, 19:31:57 PM »

It"s been emotional. ;)

Sigh!

fandango

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • "it was suited"
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2013, 21:20:20 PM »

Slacker!!!
2011 Bronze medal in Omaha online WCOAP
2012 ECOAP Main Event Champion and Gold Medalist
2012 ECOAP Player of Series winner
2012 UK Amateur Champion
WCOAP Gold Medalist and Bracelet winner Team England
S7 WCOAP Bronze medal Antes only
Bronze Shoot out WCOAP

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2013, 23:15:33 PM »

It"s been emotional. ;)

Really? Before my time see, what happened?

Not that it really matters, it was a very long time ago before anybody knew how to play poker.
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.