Author Topic: In the beginning  (Read 100914 times)

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
Re: In the beginning
« Reply #135 on: October 13, 2010, 11:18:04 AM »

I think he was in bed, we was not alloud up stairs

Off to a honky-Tonkin bar

Was in Nashville for July the 4th this year... amazing experience and did some serious Honky-Tonkin bar crawls. Good times :) Enjoy!
Winner of 1 gold, 2 silver & 1 bronze medals.
Proud member of team England '11 & '12 (Home Internationals) & team APAT  '11

Now pretty much poker retired, but available to help feed / sub the APAT server hamsters now & again.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=101148

pables

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • JACK7SUITED on Grosvenor
« Reply #136 on: October 13, 2010, 19:25:24 PM »

I think he was in bed, we was not alloud up stairs

Off to a honky-Tonkin bar

Was in Nashville for July the 4th this year... amazing experience and did some serious Honky-Tonkin bar crawls. Good times :) Enjoy!

Serious "I was in Nashville on July 4th" brag post IMO :)
WCOAP online Omaha Bronze 2009
WCOAP Stud Gold 2010
UK Team championship 2011 individual Silver
WCOAP 2015 Team championship silver with IRELAND
WCOAP 2016 Irish silver
WCOAP 2018 PLO D/C Bracelet
WCOAP 2018 ROE silver
WCOAP 2019 Mix max Bracelet
European Team event 2019 Silver with team Ireland

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #137 on: October 13, 2010, 20:58:58 PM »
Off to the "Wildhorse saloon" for some footstomping toe tapping line dancing fun "yee ha"

ian.ski309

• Gold Member
« Reply #138 on: October 14, 2010, 09:15:41 AM »

Off to the "Wildhorse saloon" for some footstomping toe tapping line dancing fun "yee ha"

I"m beginning to see you in a new light Wayne... are you into Morris Dancing too ?  ;)
APAT European Team Championships 2009 - Gold Medal

"The gambling known as business looks with austere disfavor upon the business known as gambling." - Ambrose Pierce

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #139 on: October 16, 2010, 13:19:32 PM »
That"s Nashville done. Now on to the main bit of the holiday "VAGES"

I only Morris dance at th weekends

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #140 on: January 15, 2011, 10:51:02 AM »
Where as all these blogs come from

Since you are all setting yourselves challengers (poker or non poker) this is mine

One aim this year, to play in a higher tournament. My first goal is to play in the UKIPT at Nottingham or Manchester. With only a small bankroll the only way is to qualify so for the next two weeks I'm trying for the DTD leg.

I have given myself £200 too hopefully qualify for one of these games      

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #141 on: January 15, 2011, 11:30:58 AM »

Where as all these blogs come from

Since you are all setting yourselves challengers (poker or non poker) this is mine

One aim this year, to play in a higher tournament. My first goal is to play in the UKIPT at Nottingham or Manchester. With only a small bankroll the only way is to qualify so for the next two weeks I'm trying for the DTD leg.

I have given myself £200 too hopefully qualify for one of these games      

Good luck with this Wayne.  I certainly think you have the game to perform well at these higher buyins.

I"m told that the satellites on DTD"s site are pretty soft, mind you, that"s coming from some of the BCPC. ;)

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #142 on: January 20, 2011, 21:20:28 PM »
I have had two goes at the £3 re-buy on DTD but no luck. So for it's cost me £22, the buy-in for the qualifier is £75 so may be I should just buy-in instead of trying to get in on the cheep. I don't know why I even tried them as I hate re-buys. You spend time building your stack for some loony to take your chips away with K 10 and then 4 9 so then you have to re-buy 1500 chips with blinds at 150 / 300 and the average chip is 7000, I HATE RE-BUYS.

My second thought is just to play S&G I normally do ok with them, just grind away until I reach the £75 mark or just play 1 at £20 and hope for the best. The trouble is, I now won't be playing poker now till Sunday so I will have to win just before the game.

The third choice is to get somebody who has a few quid to put the money up for me (which I cannot see happening) but I would do a very good %  ;)

The fourth choice is to win next weekend   ;D        

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #143 on: February 02, 2011, 23:13:34 PM »
A bit of catching up to-do

First of all thanks to APAT for another great weekend. Theses team events are becoming the event I look forward to the most. Only been to two but I have enjoyed them both. The reason for this is the banter you get and the railing from your team mates makes the atmosphere great. Teams like the Newcastle poker forum and LPPL make this event a must. For those of you who don't rail your team mates on the Sunday, shame on you. With this being a team event you should be willing to last the weekend not just until you bust out.

Thanks to Paulie for inviting me to play for LPM, unfortunately I was unable to contribute with any points; but I was railing right to the end. A big thank you to Michael, Matthew and Paul for getting the points and to the rest of the team for making my fell like a soft southerner.   I have never been to London in my adult life but I did fly over it once.

The significance in this win is that this makes me the first to hold 2 National Title's. (Even if it is by default)

What also surprised me was that last years team all agreed that the trophy that we won last year would be kept with me. I don't know what to say to you all but thanks. It's is a team trophy so you can have it when ever you want it. It's on tour at the moment with Andy.

With the trophy and medals I have, I need to build a display cabinet to show them all off; does anybody have any experience in this field?  

It seems that I'm a bit of a luck box in this event so if anybody wants to book me now for next year then offers start at 2 pints of larger and a packet of crisps.

I won £312, when I got home Mrs P says "the washing machine is broke, we need a new one" can anybody guess how much it cost?  

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #144 on: February 03, 2011, 09:12:41 AM »

I won £312, when I got home Mrs P says "the washing machine is broke, we need a new one" can anybody guess how much it cost?  

£320?

There is a simple answer to your wife"s spending problem. Play more poker  ;D

samuel_9

• Gold Member
« Reply #145 on: February 03, 2011, 09:48:29 AM »

£320?

wash by hand keeps them away from the poker room ;D ;D and dont let your wife see this

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #146 on: February 03, 2011, 13:31:19 PM »

£320?

Close enough £314.98

She's willing to take the profits but not to stake me, bit like Abigail  

[/quote]wash by hand keeps them away from the poker room ;D ;D and dont let your wife see this
[/quote]

No she does not come on here although she as looked over my shoulder a few times which as got me into trouble

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #147 on: February 05, 2011, 09:29:10 AM »
With all these betting threads on here and other sites, it's wet my appetite. I have not had a bet for 3 months now (sounds like I'm at a AA meeting) until today. I don't normally have this kind of bet, the most I have is a treble or fourfold but for a change I have had a 8 timer on the footy.

1   Everton v Blackpool (Backing  Everton @ 1.43)

2   Man City v West Brom (Backing  Man City @ 1.41)

3   Newcastle v Arsenal (Backing  Arsenal @ 1.67)

4   Tottenham v Bolton (Backing  Tottenham @ 1.63)

5   Torquay v Stockport (Backing  Torquay @ 1.57)

6   West Ham v Birmingham (Backing  West Ham @ 2.01)

7   Bournemouth v L Orient (Backing  Bournemouth @ 1.78)

8   Northampton v Barnet (Backing  Northampton @ 1.76)

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #148 on: February 05, 2011, 12:43:03 PM »
lol at a r s enal failing the abusive language check

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #149 on: February 05, 2011, 15:52:31 PM »

With all these betting threads on here and other sites, it's wet my appetite. I have not had a bet for 3 months now (sounds like I'm at a AA meeting) until today. I don't normally have this kind of bet, the most I have is a treble or fourfold but for a change I have had a 8 timer on the footy.

1   Everton v Blackpool (Backing  Everton @ 1.43)

2   Man City v West Brom (Backing  Man City @ 1.41)

3   Newcastle v ****nal (Backing  ****nal @ 1.67)

4   Tottenham v Bolton (Backing  Tottenham @ 1.63)

5   Torquay v Stockport (Backing  Torquay @ 1.57)

6   West Ham v Birmingham (Backing  West Ham @ 2.01)

7   Bournemouth v L Orient (Backing  Bournemouth @ 1.78)

8   Northampton v Barnet (Backing  Northampton @ 1.76)

nosey-p"s lucky? pin  :)