Author Topic: In the beginning  (Read 100848 times)

mal666

• Gold Member
Re: In the beginning
« Reply #150 on: February 05, 2011, 15:58:27 PM »

With all these betting threads on here and other sites, it's wet my appetite. I have not had a bet for 3 months now (sounds like I'm at a AA meeting) until today. I don't normally have this kind of bet, the most I have is a treble or fourfold but for a change I have had a 8 timer on the footy.

1   Everton v Blackpool (Backing  Everton @ 1.43)

2   Man City v West Brom (Backing  Man City @ 1.41)

3   Newcastle v ****nal (Backing  ****nal @ 1.67)

4   Tottenham v Bolton (Backing  Tottenham @ 1.63)

5   Torquay v Stockport (Backing  Torquay @ 1.57)

6   West Ham v Birmingham (Backing  West Ham @ 2.01)

7   Bournemouth v L Orient (Backing  Bournemouth @ 1.78)

8   Northampton v Barnet (Backing  Northampton @ 1.76)

nosey-p"s lucky? pin  :)

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #151 on: February 06, 2011, 19:39:14 PM »
OK, so my picks was so so but i got half my stake back with the Betfair offer. Plus thank"s to Liverpool i finished the weekend up (who needs Torres) Note to self "keep away from the horese"

Have not played any poker of note, was hoping to play the Sat on DTD tonight for the UKIPT but due to lack of sleep (big Saturday night out) plus up early Monday for work, I'm giving this a miss. So I will be giving my all to qualify for the Manchester leg .

If anybody goes in the G at Manchester, can you let me know if there are having any sat's. Ideally freezout but I know they are mostly re-buy's which I hate    

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #152 on: February 06, 2011, 20:18:52 PM »

OK, so my picks was so so but i got half my stake back with the Betfair offer. Plus thank"s to Liverpool i finished the weekend up (who needs Torres) Note to self "keep away from the horese"

Have not played any poker of note, was hoping to play the Sat on DTD tonight for the UKIPT but due to lack of sleep (big Saturday night out) plus up early Monday for work, I'm giving this a miss. So I will be giving my all to qualify for the Manchester leg .

If anybody goes in the G at Manchester, can you let me know if there are having any sat's. Ideally freezout but I know they are mostly re-buy's which I hate    

Let me know if you are going over as I would like to join you, operation permitting.

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #153 on: February 10, 2011, 13:49:31 PM »

Let me know if you are going over as I would like to join you, operation permitting.

Will do

How is the home game coming along?

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #154 on: February 12, 2011, 10:32:17 AM »
Two four folds today and one draw

Bet 1                       Bet 2
Bournemouth            Coventry
Bury                       Doncaster
Wycombe                Leeds
Chelsa                    Hull

Bet3
Man U / Man C

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #155 on: February 24, 2011, 19:10:58 PM »
Flaws

One of the things you do when playing poker is to better yourself, by becoming a better player you win more money. And you get better by identifying flaws in your game. When you do identify a flaw in your game you rip it out, dissect it and find out why it's a flaw and how to put it right. When you have worked it out you put it back into your game and hope for the best. Well I have one (probably more than one) a big fat juice one and it's all APAT's fault. It's like having a mole on your face with hair growing out of it but when you look in the mirror you see a young good looking hansom smooth face looking back. So what's this flaw I here you all say, well let me tell you

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #156 on: February 24, 2011, 21:40:26 PM »
I"m not leaving until you tell us.   ;D

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #157 on: February 25, 2011, 06:34:17 AM »
    I have to take you back to the beginning, not the beginning of APAT or the beginning of my poker career but further back, all the way back to the day I was born. Now allot of you will be saying that being born in the first place is a flaw but I will ignore those people and continue.

I was born into a gambling family, my dad gambled, my brothers gambled and also my mum and sisters. Don't get me wrong I'm not talking about gambling the wages away so there's no food or we couldn't pay the bills. I'm talking about Saturday afternoon, World Of Sport on the tell and dad having a bet on the horses or playing cards like pontoon, bus stop and find the lady. So right from an early age I was gambling. By the time I was in my teens I was out side the bookies asking people who was going in take bets in for me. By the time I was 15 I was going in the local pub, now that's when the real gambling started. Not me, but seeing other people come straight from work and loose the wages then having to borrow it back so he could give it to his Mrs. "What's this got to do with poker" I hear you say, stick with me.

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #158 on: February 25, 2011, 09:03:01 AM »

I have to take you back to the beginning, not the beginning of APAT or the beginning of my poker career but further back, all the way back to the day I was born. Now allot of you will be saying that being born in the first place is a flaw but I will ignore those people and continue.

I was born into a gambling family, my dad gambled, my brothers gambled and also my mum and sisters. Don't get me wrong I'm not talking about gambling the wages away so there's no food or we couldn't pay the bills. I'm talking about Saturday afternoon, World Of Sport on the tell and dad having a bet on the horses or playing cards like pontoon, bus stop and find the lady. So right from an early age I was gambling. By the time I was in my teens I was out side the bookies asking people who was going in take bets in for me. By the time I was 15 I was going in the local pub, now that's when the real gambling started. Not me, but seeing other people come straight from work and loose the wages then having to borrow it back so he could give it to his Mrs. "What's this got to do with poker" I hear you say, stick with me.

Oh come on Wayne, this is going to take all year  ;)

European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #159 on: February 25, 2011, 09:18:33 AM »
At work now so you will have to wait till tonight Mickey  

ian.ski309

• Gold Member
« Reply #160 on: February 25, 2011, 09:36:20 AM »

At work now so you will have to wait till tonight Mickey  

What a slow roll !  ;)
APAT European Team Championships 2009 - Gold Medal

"The gambling known as business looks with austere disfavor upon the business known as gambling." - Ambrose Pierce

samuel_9

• Gold Member
« Reply #161 on: February 25, 2011, 09:45:14 AM »
finish work early and finish this im kur ie us

samuel_9

• Gold Member
« Reply #162 on: February 25, 2011, 09:46:42 AM »
im going 2 have 2 do 1 of these blogs someday ;D

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #163 on: February 26, 2011, 09:50:06 AM »
 Ever since I have been getting a wage I have had a bet at the betting shop but only money I could afford to loose and only money I had in my pocket. Always loosing, but I did not mind as I looked on it as paying for entertainment. Then I found poker which I tuck to straight away. The first site I played on was Pacific 888 where I was quit successful. Then moved on to Pokerstars and Fulltilt looking for bigger and better games. I was never going to win a big tournament like the Sunday comps but I had a few four figure wins. Then came the big horrible nasty APAT.

samuel_9

• Gold Member
« Reply #164 on: February 26, 2011, 11:01:24 AM »
Odear i dont like the last line ...........BUT as NAT KING COLE said ...There may be trouble ahead..BUT wile theres the APAT and the fish in the card rooms  lets shuffle up and deal..