Author Topic: In the beginning  (Read 100867 times)

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: In the beginning
« Reply #195 on: December 06, 2011, 06:39:19 AM »

One week gone and only fell off the wagon 3 times  :( (must try harder)

If you hear me talking about having a bet, hit me around the face with a wet fish.

I think this qualifies.

Would you prefer haddock or cod Wayne ? Or if you were really bad... the frozen trout !  :o

Lets start with a Paedocypris fish and work my way up

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #196 on: December 12, 2011, 15:56:18 PM »
That's 1 more week gone but I have failed again. The good news is that I have not had a bet on the horses; the bad news is I cannot keep away from the football.

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #197 on: December 12, 2011, 16:52:37 PM »
have we moved up to a Corydoras now?

ian.ski309

• Gold Member
« Reply #198 on: December 12, 2011, 20:16:53 PM »

A stickleback !   ;)
APAT European Team Championships 2009 - Gold Medal

"The gambling known as business looks with austere disfavor upon the business known as gambling." - Ambrose Pierce

Santino67

• Platinum Member
  • Fat Charlie Sheen - @GrantSpeirs
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #199 on: December 13, 2011, 15:08:08 PM »

A stickleback !   ;)

Gasterosteus aculeatus   :P
APAT Scottish Amateur Champion 2011 :~)
APAT Online North America PLO Champion 2011
Chipaccrual's Big APAT Christmas End Of Year Quiz Champion 2011
2012 Scottish Captain @ ECOAP
APAT Online Irish PLO Champion 2013
APAT Online Scottish Champion 2017

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #200 on: December 13, 2011, 15:55:19 PM »
Google is great  :D

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #201 on: January 18, 2012, 13:07:37 PM »
    A few years ago a friend of mine asked me about my thoughts on a game of rugby league, knowing that I"m a gambler. Unfortunately I know nothing about rugby league so told him to back the team which was in the highest position in the league.  A few days later I asked him how he got on with his bet, "brilliant" he said "I won". The next week came the same question "who should I bet on" so I gave him the same answer "whoever is in the higher position". This went on for about 2 months with him winning about 90% of his bets, then I said "how much have you won" expecting him to say something like £300, he said "£12". After I stopped laughing I asked him how much he was betting on any one game. "£5 a game". Now this guy as not got a clue on betting so I looked into the bets he was having, it turned out that he was having £5 bets on 1/10 shots. like I said earlier I did not know much about rugby league but I do know about gambling. So when he wanted to put a bet on a game I would do it for him. instead of putting it on the win I started to put it on the handicap which is normally odds of 10/11. As time went by I started to notice that the teams which were the favoured to win i.e. the team with minus points more than not won bigger than the points margin . So last year we started a joint venture were he told me the teams he thought was good value and I did the gambling bit. We was doing great up until the end of the season when we blow most off it away trying to make a good season into a great season but got greedy but still finished up. The trouble is I did not keep any records so don"t know if we got lucky on some bets or if my theory worked . So his year I will be keeping a record which I will share with you on the sports section.

Some of you will know that I stopped  gambling (which I have) but this is the exception. Gambling with someone else"s money makes you concentrate, plus it"s not me making the selections so you could say that I"m investing in him. Last year we made a 250% profit which was ok but at one point we were 700% up until the gambling side off me reheard it"s ugly head and told me to go for it, I won"t be making the same mistake this year (if we get that far).                

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #202 on: January 18, 2012, 15:06:32 PM »
Good luck with this Wayne.  Looking forward to seeing how you progress.
Email: des@apat.com
Facebook: Des Duffy
Twitter: Des Duffy

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #203 on: January 24, 2012, 10:37:23 AM »
Went to dinner last night with Jackie Charlton, Nobby Stiles, Gordon Banks, Ray Wilson and George Cohen along with about another 200 people.

Cannot remember the last time I went out on a school night but when it's paid for by the company it would be impolite for me to say no.

The compere asked them questions about 66 and what they do now. Nobby, Gordon and Ray were great with their story telling, George never spoke and Jackie didn't even know where he was.

A discussion broke out on the table about how sad it is that they have to do this to pay the bills when they should be enjoying life, not trolling up and down the M1. And if we win the next world cup, would the players in 40 years time be doing the same thing.    

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #204 on: January 24, 2012, 12:04:31 PM »
I have heard Jackie speak at a sportsmans dinner and he was great, shame if he is now too ill to contribute.
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #205 on: January 24, 2012, 22:08:54 PM »

I have heard Jackie speak at a sportsmans dinner and he was great, shame if he is now too ill to contribute.

It was sad to see, he would start a story, stop half way through and say "I forgot what I was saying, what was the question" and not finish he story, at first we thought it was part of the speech but he continued like this all night.  

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #206 on: January 24, 2012, 22:31:36 PM »

me too - was great value
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #207 on: January 29, 2012, 22:09:10 PM »
Played some Sunday poker tonight which I have not done since the league finished.

$22 qualifier on PS for the $700 ME in the TCOOP
$5 MTT
And a freebie on Gentling for 2 seats to the GPS

Finished 229 out of 7400 (ish) 212 got seats
In the $5, had a minimum cash, after getting rived twice in a row
And in the Genting freebie finished 1st

Not been playing too well for a few months now but after tonight"s games, I"m feeling allot more confident. Although I won a seat to the GPS it was the PS game wear I played the best, just got unlucky at the wrong time.

Just need to sort out some digs now so any help would be appreciated      

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #208 on: February 01, 2012, 13:26:39 PM »
Won a seat to the Genting tour but instead of going to Birmingham this weekend I decided I would go to the Edinburgh leg. Take Mrs P make a weekend off it when I bust out on day 1, until I looked into the hotels. For 3-4 star hotel on that weekend, is on average £500 for two nights. So I'm keeping it until the Sheffield leg which is not until September, gives me something to look forward to  

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #209 on: February 02, 2012, 09:04:35 AM »

Won a seat to the Genting tour but instead of going to Birmingham this weekend I decided I would go to the Edinburgh leg. Take Mrs P make a weekend off it when I bust out on day 1, until I looked into the hotels. For 3-4 star hotel on that weekend, is on average £500 for two nights. So I'm keeping it until the Sheffield leg which is not until September, gives me something to look forward to  

When is the Edinburgh leg?

I am trying (well sort of!) to qualify for one of these this year, if I do then I have plenty of places we could stay nearby for free.