Author Topic: In the beginning  (Read 100855 times)

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: In the beginning
« Reply #210 on: February 02, 2012, 11:33:58 AM »

Won a seat to the Genting tour but instead of going to Birmingham this weekend I decided I would go to the Edinburgh leg. Take Mrs P make a weekend off it when I bust out on day 1, until I looked into the hotels. For 3-4 star hotel on that weekend, is on average £500 for two nights. So I'm keeping it until the Sheffield leg which is not until September, gives me something to look forward to  

When is the Edinburgh leg?

I am trying (well sort of!) to qualify for one of these this year, if I do then I have plenty of places we could stay nearby for free.

Starts on Wednesday the 30th of May with day 1 of the ME on the 31st and 1st June. It's a bank holiday that weekend plus the Queens, Diamond Jubilee

Was going to make it a long weekend with the Mrs (but that can be changed ;)) so I don't fancy sleeping in a car  :)

Let me know if/when you get a seat and we can talk about it  

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #211 on: February 17, 2012, 11:53:39 AM »
A couple of year's back they was a situation with APAT which got my gander up. I was going to post on the forum and let rip. A good friend of mine  ;) told me not to post, sleep on it and review the situation in the morning. I followed his advice and it probably saved me from getting a ban. I have followed this advice ever since.

The written word can be miss understood, to one person it means one thing to the next person it means another. I have fallen foul of this in both being miss understood and miss understanding a post.        

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #212 on: February 17, 2012, 12:00:17 PM »

A couple of year's back they was a situation with APAT which got my gander up. I was going to post on the forum and let rip. A good friend of mine  ;) told me not to post, sleep on it and review the situation in the morning. I followed his advice and it probably saved me from getting a ban. I have followed this advice ever since.

The written word can be miss understood, to one person it means one thing to the next person it means another. I have fallen foul of this in both being miss understood and miss understanding a post.        

Very good advice Wayne.

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #213 on: February 17, 2012, 12:09:50 PM »

Blatant "I"ve got friends" brag IMO  ;)

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #214 on: February 17, 2012, 12:12:42 PM »

Very good advice Wayne.

Thanks but it"s not my advice but someone with a Scotish flag^^^^^^^^^^^

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #215 on: February 21, 2012, 08:48:08 AM »
When is a fence not a fence?

When some s**t in a van runs into it taking out four panels and posts then drives off and nobody in the street sees it >:(

Cost to van zero
Cost to me £250 and a day off work

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #216 on: February 21, 2012, 10:02:52 AM »
"Day off work" ............every cloud  ;)
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

ian.ski309

• Gold Member
« Reply #217 on: February 21, 2012, 10:48:39 AM »

Wayne will obviously take offence to that !  :D
APAT European Team Championships 2009 - Gold Medal

"The gambling known as business looks with austere disfavor upon the business known as gambling." - Ambrose Pierce

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #218 on: February 21, 2012, 12:06:20 PM »

Wayne will obviously take offence to that !  :D

My sides are hurting

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #219 on: February 21, 2012, 18:37:41 PM »

When some s**t in a van runs into it taking out four panels and posts then drives off and nobody in the street sees it >:(

Cost to van zero

house insurance?

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #220 on: February 21, 2012, 20:12:47 PM »

Cost to van zero

house insurance?

You would think so, but I am not covered. If it was a plane then I could claim.  :-\

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #221 on: March 03, 2012, 13:02:03 PM »
Catch up

It"s been a while since I have posted on here so thought I would give you catch up.

Firstly I have taken over the captaincy of the Yorkshire & Humberside poker club which is a strange title as Humberside is in Yorkshire It"s called East Yorkshire. At first I was up for this, new league, new regions start of a new season. But when the names started to come in I noticed that allot of the regular Leeds players were playing for other regions and with only a couple of players coming from Sheffield, the team looked like it was going to be on the small side. However after a few weeks we have allot of new players and some of the old players saying they will play this season. After talking to some of the new players and finding out what ability they have I am now very confident of a good season.

I played my first live game of the year at Gala, not much to report, never got going. Lasted  about 6 levels biggest starting hand all night JJ ran into QQ. The trip was a disappointment one for me, not because of the poker but because I had a go on the roulette. Some of you will know that I am having a break from gambling (apart from the Rugby League) I have not had a bet now since the middle of December until last Saturday. On the plus side I did win enough to pay for the poker and a few drinks but I"m still disappointed that I played in the first place. The flat season starts soon now that will be a test for me.

I have a Rugby League thread in the sports section which I"m doing with a friend (go and take a look) we have had a good start having 12 bets winning 9 but a long way to go.

Looking forward to the new F1 season on Sky, if they  put as much effort into it has they do with the football then the F1 channel will never be off. 

Back to poker, It"s been a very quite start to the year. The only online poker I have been playing is in a league on a Tuesday, winner goes to Vegas, the next 40 go into a playoff for another trip to Vegas, I"m in 42nd place as we speak with 5 games left. Bubbled the points 3 times, twice when in the top 10  and tried to put pressure on the rest, to run into premium hands when I could have just folded into the points.

Cannot wait for Coventry, liking the new festival weekend structure although I will only be playing the ME and maybe the 8.30 game if knockout. Stopping at De Vere on the Saturday but cannot book in till 8.00pm as Coventry have a home game and I have a room that overlooks the pitch.      

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #222 on: May 24, 2012, 18:54:41 PM »
Forgive me farther but I have Sinned.

What is it my child, what brings you to me in this state.

It all started 7 years ago when I saw her on the telly, it was love at first sight. I needed to find out more about her so I searched her out on the interweb. Once I had found her I needed to understand her so I kept watching her on telly and read a book about her until I was ready to pluck up the courage to contact her. After some foreplay I decided it was time to get to know her a little bit better so gave her my credit card which she gladly tuck off me.

She slowly helped me with what to do, what goes where and why. After a rocky start to our relationship it began to blossom, the more I paid her attention the more pleasure she gave me. I started to get obsessive about her, I need to see her every day and at the weekend I would spend all day with her, if I missed a day I would be thinking of her.

Our relationship was good at first, I would study her, learn how she ticked, what made her happy and she would repay me with gifts of money. It was time to meet her face to face so we arranged a place and time. As soon as I walked in I could smell her, to feel the softness of her felt and to hear the noise she made as I played with her chips.

We had our ups and downs like any couple but we would make up (The best thing about falling out is the making up). Then one year she turned her back on me, told me she never wanted to see me again. I didn"t understand why she would do this to me so I searched the web for answers were I found others who was also going through the same heartache as me. We would talk about her, share our experiences with each other, I learnt that she was always moving the goalposts and I had to move with her.

After a brief separation she loured me back with freerolls or money back offers. This time if we were having a rocky spell she would keep things fresh by showing me things that I could only think off like Omaha, 7 card stud, Turbo, Razz and one drunken Saturday night she even showed me her Badugi. But it could not last as again she turned on me. She would play with me giving me flush draws, straight draws, pot odds, she would give me hope that things would get better but as we got to 5th street she would pull it all away from me, leaving me alone and humiliated. Things had got that bad that I turned to the dark side "Don"t tell me you you you played" yes I"m ashamed to say that I played Bingo. "Dear child I don"t know what to say to you, you need professional help"

Is it the 7 year itch? What do I need to do to get my love back for her. COULD THIS BE DIVORCE?    

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #223 on: June 14, 2012, 08:49:26 AM »
At the beginning of the season, in the suggestion posts for season 6. It was suggested of having a membership fee which was widely supported but was never implemented due to the fact it may drive people away instead of attracting new members.

Today I have become a Staked Licensed Player for two reasons. Number 1 to get staked, although I don't think I will be using it much as who will stake me? When you have the likes of George2loose and Swinebag22 to name but 2. But I will have a go; you never know someone may take pity on me. Number 2 is that I see this as a way of paying a Voluntary fee to APAT. As far as I'm aware, APAT is still a non profit organization so any monies will go back into running APAT so I have no quorums in paying £10 or 1% of any winnings.          

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #224 on: June 14, 2012, 10:51:38 AM »

At the beginning of the season, in the suggestion posts for season 6. It was suggested of having a membership fee which was widely supported but was never implemented due to the fact it may drive people away instead of attracting new members.

Today I have become a Staked Licensed Player for two reasons. Number 1 to get staked, although I don’t think I will be using it much as who will stake me? When you have the likes of George2loose and Swinebag22 to name but 2. But I will have a go; you never know someone may take pity on me. Number 2 is that I see this as a way of paying a Voluntary fee to APAT. As far as I’m aware, APAT is still a non profit organization so any monies will go back into running APAT so I have no quorums in paying £10 or 1% of any winnings.          

I like it...that"s a good way to look at it.

On the other hand, and I"m almost certainly wrong, I think the early adopters of APAT actually did pay a small fee in the beginning...maybe £10? Dunno, just something I have in the dark recess of what I like to refer to as...as...as...oh, yeah, my memory.

Oh...and it"s qualms. :)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 10:57:56 AM by Paulie_D »
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”