Author Topic: Duke attempts the Impossible  (Read 1360892 times)

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
Re: Duke attempts the Impossible
« Reply #5850 on: January 15, 2014, 17:36:08 PM »
You may or may not know that in preparation for, the Cheshire Polar Vortex, I was growing a beard. Now I started during last year with a modest goatee and decided late last year to cease shaving altogether. This resulted in a multi-coloured monstrosity forming on my chin. To be fair it was more grey than any vibrant colour.

As it had got quite scraggy I decided that a bit of grooming was required. I purchased a babyliss set of men's grooming tools with all the relevant attachments and last night settled down to charge the device and read up on the various gizmo's. Well, there were attachments for the beard, ears, nose and even the hair on the top of my head. I calculated the uniform length required and set the device accordingly.

I was cautious at first on the longest setting and this did not seem to do a thing. Therefore I set it at a lower length. This seemed to be working fine as the blade was cutting into the hair fine. As the goatee was the first to grow it was the longest so this was the area of attack. After a couple of passes I stopped and surveyed the scene. The loose hair was still in the area a bit so I took the brush to it in order to see the fine visage that was created.

The brush pulled through the mane of hair and when all loose hair was removed I had a lovely bald patch on my chin.  I swore profusely and went on tilt, I now no longer have a beard.

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5851 on: January 15, 2014, 17:49:25 PM »

You may or may not know that in preparation for, the Cheshire Polar Vortex, I was growing a beard. Now I started during last year with a modest goatee and decided late last year to cease shaving altogether. This resulted in a multi-coloured monstrosity forming on my chin. To be fair it was more grey than any vibrant colour.

As it had got quite scraggy I decided that a bit of grooming was required. I purchased a babyliss set of men's grooming tools with all the relevant attachments and last night settled down to charge the device and read up on the various gizmo's. Well, there were attachments for the beard, ears, nose and even the hair on the top of my head. I calculated the uniform length required and set the device accordingly.

I was cautious at first on the longest setting and this did not seem to do a thing. Therefore I set it at a lower length. This seemed to be working fine as the blade was cutting into the hair fine. As the goatee was the first to grow it was the longest so this was the area of attack. After a couple of passes I stopped and surveyed the scene. The loose hair was still in the area a bit so I took the brush to it in order to see the fine visage that was created.

The brush pulled through the mane of hair and when all loose hair was removed I had a lovely bald patch on my chin.  I swore profusely and went on tilt, I now no longer have a beard.

Oops!  :)

Email: des@apat.com
Facebook: Des Duffy
Twitter: Des Duffy

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5852 on: January 15, 2014, 18:14:46 PM »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA
England C Captain 2012
World Team Champions England 2013

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #5853 on: January 15, 2014, 20:17:18 PM »
I am a patient man - I can wait - either in this life or the next - You two are on the list  ;D ;D ;D

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5854 on: January 15, 2014, 20:26:26 PM »
Tell me you at least managed to salvage the tache?????
England C Captain 2012
World Team Champions England 2013

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5855 on: January 15, 2014, 21:13:10 PM »

I am a patient man - I can wait - either in this life or the next - You two are on the list  ;D ;D ;D

I"m only surprised Des beat Stu to it.   :D

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • I wish I was as good as someone better than me!
« Reply #5856 on: January 16, 2014, 00:47:20 AM »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA

Quality  ;D
APAT Season 6 statistics
APAT Live Events 8, Attended 8, Final Tables 0, Cashes 0, Ranking Points 0, Having a word with myself 1.

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #5857 on: January 16, 2014, 08:15:38 AM »
And that makes 3

ian.ski309

• Gold Member
« Reply #5858 on: January 16, 2014, 10:05:44 AM »
How about a photo of the new look Ger ?
APAT European Team Championships 2009 - Gold Medal

"The gambling known as business looks with austere disfavor upon the business known as gambling." - Ambrose Pierce

bear21

• Gold Member
  • Just Do It
« Reply #5859 on: January 16, 2014, 12:07:41 PM »

How about a photo of the new look Ger ?

TRIED!!!!

Camera broke LOL

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #5860 on: January 22, 2014, 19:45:13 PM »
Got this email today - it did make me laugh

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #5861 on: January 22, 2014, 21:27:57 PM »

Got this email today - it did make me laugh

It"s pretty amazing how they manage to hold onto your search history and then email about it.

Sorry...did I say amazing...I meant pretty feckin" scary.
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #5862 on: January 30, 2014, 00:48:21 AM »
Well my Merc gave a little hiccup on Monday, the airmatic suspension started giving problems at the back and at a grand a corner it was more than the car is worth so I decided I would change vehicles. After a 5 litre I decided that I would try and be a good citizen of the world and do my bit to get the big cars off the road.

I went to a dealers in Warrington and looked at few cars, marvelling at the efficiency of some of the models and what they can pack into a small car. So I kept my sensible head on and drove away in a Audi A8 4.2 quattro, well feck it why not.....

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #5863 on: January 31, 2014, 00:03:57 AM »
I am 60 years old this year and have Been playing poker for a long time. Tonight at the aquarium I hit my first royal flush ever live. I cried

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
« Reply #5864 on: January 31, 2014, 12:47:31 PM »
Congratulations Ger!

I"ve only been playing 9 years and have waited patiently without luck. Mind you, the amount I play now I"ll be lucky to ever see one. Especially as I fold kings pre.

Cue poker gods paying me a Royal visit this weekend...