Author Topic: Duke attempts the Impossible  (Read 1360221 times)

Laxie

• Platinum Member
Re: Duke attempts the Impossible
« Reply #4545 on: February 12, 2012, 10:30:28 AM »

Val Doonican & Sacha Distel would have been much better.

My name is Jack and I have a Val Doonican CD.

oh dear

Country - yes
Val Doonican - no, no, very very no

Don"t worry Lads.  It"s in the music magpie box with many other mysteries and won"t be here for much longer.   ;)

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
« Reply #4546 on: February 12, 2012, 10:32:21 AM »
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxYTCzx-htk[/youtube].

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FF0m-580B4[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BL58-Sh94ms[/youtube]
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 10:36:14 AM by technolog »

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4547 on: February 12, 2012, 10:35:01 AM »
Oh good god...I"ve no control over youtube.  Luckily his laptop speakers aren"t that loud.

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #4548 on: February 12, 2012, 15:26:59 PM »
Last night was great, my sister picked me up just after 6pm and myself and the wee man went to her house. We had a couple of beers as Noreen put on the tea. The meal would be close to an hour away, so we put on Holy Water. Curley wasn't wrong it was a funny film, if a bit predictable. We paused the film when the meal was ready. OMG Piri Piri chicken with roasted vegetables and roast potatoes with a side salad. We ate the dinner on our laps and it was awesome.

We took a wee break and then watched The Guard, another funny film. We chatted after until around midnight and had a wonderful evening. My sister was a primary school teacher and she was giving Ger all sorts of ammunition about his school friends.

Priceless evening, just fecking priceless..

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #4549 on: February 12, 2012, 15:35:38 PM »
Seeing as how Jack has polluted this thread with Val Doonigan and in memory of Whitney Houston, here is the original version of a song written by Dolly that Whitney made her own.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeshwCE5xGw[/youtube]

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #4550 on: February 15, 2012, 14:55:18 PM »

Will deffo come up on Friday to play the Aquarium......

I"m thinking of breaking my Northern journey on Thursday night in Coventry instead of the solid 4+ hour drive on Friday.

Room at the Premier Inn for £39 and then the £40 Deep & Steep on Thursday night.

Anyone else?
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #4551 on: February 15, 2012, 23:19:12 PM »
Chezger July Fest is paying to 6 - so I thought a wee consolation prize for the other final tablists...

so for positions 7-9

And it is something money can"t buy.

tumblet

• Gold Member
« Reply #4552 on: February 15, 2012, 23:26:47 PM »
When is it Ger? im planning on making a few more poker appearances this year.. Well u need the fish to keep poker going   ::) ::)

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #4553 on: February 15, 2012, 23:35:27 PM »

When is it Ger? im planning on making a few more poker appearances this year.. Well u need the fish to keep poker going   ::) ::)

Get on Chezger (7th July)

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4554 on: February 16, 2012, 12:47:26 PM »

Get on Chezger (7th July)

Just booked a couple days off work for this :)
England C Captain 2012
World Team Champions England 2013

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #4555 on: February 17, 2012, 00:37:43 AM »
Bubbled the aquarium - yes fecking bubbled, got them all in with AQ - hit JJ - no problem, fun night (wee man was cruelly outdrawn on the river card earlier) - me I was crippled when my nut flush was called by a flopped set that got a paired turn and river, hey ho not upset.

What does upset me though is the negative threads about the APAT online league - but hey that is democracy .....

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4556 on: February 17, 2012, 09:46:29 AM »

What does upset me though is the negative threads about the APAT online league - but hey that is democracy .....

Ger, as a friend and someone who I respect I would be grateful if you could be honest with me and tell me if any of my post were "negative". I am very upset by some of the comments made, mainly by people who are uneffected by the clarification Des posted yesterday morning.

I have reread each of my posts in the cold light of day and can honestly say they are all mearly expressing an opinion or asking for clarification. Maybe you refer to others and I"m just paraniod or maybe I"m too emotional about the subject to see my negative comments.

PM me if you prefer. cheers.

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #4557 on: February 17, 2012, 09:58:59 AM »

Ger, as a friend and someone who I respect I would be grateful if you could be honest with me and tell me if any of my post were "negative". I am very upset by some of the comments made, mainly by people who are uneffected by the clarification Des posted yesterday morning.

I have reread each of my posts in the cold light of day and can honestly say they are all mearly expressing an opinion or asking for clarification. Maybe you refer to others and I"m just paraniod or maybe I"m too emotional about the subject to see my negative comments.

PM me if you prefer. cheers.

I"ve got to echo Stuarts comments here.  I don"t want to start a debate on Ger"s blog as that"s not fair, but as it is the most read thread on this forum, I"ll use it to point out that I"ve posted on my own blog and would appreciate some honest  comments.

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #4558 on: February 17, 2012, 10:46:16 AM »
Please let me clarify, on the phone so it might be short.

The negative comments I refer to are the comments to the comments, if you get what I mean. When people post what is a reasonable argument and genuine concerns they seem to get buried under a sea of negative feedback, not genuine debate related responses.

If my one liner came across as a slight on anyone in particular please accept my apologies, it was not intended as such, it was a generalisation that I should have elaborated on properly.

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4559 on: February 17, 2012, 10:49:26 AM »

I am very upset by some of the comments made, mainly by people who are uneffected by the clarification Des posted yesterday morning.

Sorry Ger - don"t mean to hijack your blog thread, but need to quote Stuart"s answer to respond.

Stu - you suggest that most people are unaffected by the ruling.... I think you are wrong. Everyone is affected by it (unless they currently live in the region in which they were born).  If you as a Scot were allowed to choose to play for the Scotland region rather than the region in which you live, to keep a level playing field that grace would have to afforded to every other player in the league - everyone would then be laying claim to alternative regions based on their birth.......   the rule would be unmanageable and unpoliceable, at which point it becomes a nonsense rule.     By aligning all players to the region they currently reside in, the rule is enforcable, understandable, non-discriminatory, clear, and fair.