Author Topic: Duke attempts the Impossible  (Read 1351645 times)

Trademans

Re: Duke attempts the Impossible
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2009, 10:00:07 AM »

Got the chips in the middle first....  ;D

MAIR

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2009, 10:18:48 AM »
Loving the blog Ger, Ive been chuckling away this morning.  Fab read and cant wait for the next installment
Mary Kivlin

HaworthBantam

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2009, 10:50:50 AM »

Like Neil, this is one blog I"ll read every word.

On the subject of bad drivers - Fog lights !! Hate them, hate them, hate them.

"Oh, it"s foggy, I"ll put my fog lights on and rear dazzle everyone behind me". Prats !! When there"s a car behind you, it"s obvious he/she can see you, turn the fecker off !!!

Rant over....

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2009, 13:45:01 PM »
Feckers around my part think it"s ok to have your brights on when behind another car.  Turn them off when a car is coming from the other direction and back on as soon as they"ve past.    

[ X ]  Fog lights can be handy   ;D

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2009, 17:42:46 PM »

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2009, 19:23:31 PM »
I read today that a woman set fire to her man"s ***** cos she was a little miffed at his supposed infedelity. "I only wanted to have him to myself" what"s she going to do with a burnt one FFS, keep it in the fridge for special occasions. Anyway, tragically he jumped up and knocked over the fluid she was using and set fire to himself completely and later died in hospital.

It"s a strange world we live in

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/7812875.stm

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2009, 19:28:01 PM »
Just ask Laxie -- Ireland is a beautiful and wild country -- here are a couple of my bad photos

You might guess that I am homesick

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2009, 19:43:59 PM »
OK tonight is the $5 rebuy -- I have banished the wee man to the couch and we shall see what we can do in this -- you might think we will collude but I can assure you he is soooooo competitive the little fecker would lie just to get my chips.

I don"t know about you but I don"t subcribe to the "let your children win" brigade either. All during his life his Mother used to nag me (hmm trend there) about letting him win and I never did. I always tried my best at every combatative game we had and you know what.

Chess -- no sweat to beat him until he was 12 since then he spanks me. When he won for the first time the pure joy in his face was worth the hassle from his mother.

XBOX/PS games --- don"t go there he has battered me at those for years

Darts -- we have a board and he is getting good -- its even at the mo

Poker -- sigh just sigh

I think we sometimes remove the competitive edge from our Children when we let them win -- might be wrong

However -- SUMO Wrestling --- he has a long way to go ---- lol

HaworthBantam

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2009, 20:12:17 PM »

I think we sometimes remove the competitive edge from our Children when we let them win -- might be wrong

Sounds right to me.

Chess -- no sweat to beat him until he was 12 since then he spanks me. When he won for the first time the pure joy in his face was worth the hassle from his mother.

Same with me. Beat my dad for the first time when I was 12 - great feeling, and all the better for knowing it wasn"t a "gimme"

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2009, 17:29:47 PM »
Last night was a bit of fun, next Saturday will be serious. Who am I kidding, prepare yourselves for some pure unadulterated naked aggression, you have been warned. Son of Duke seems to be a chip off the old block when it comes to shipping in his chips on marginal hands. Must have a word. It's the first game of the new Chezger year tonight and my New Year resolution is to take this league more seriously. However I enjoy the nights immensely and will probably play as bad as I did in 2008, we'll see.

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2009, 17:30:21 PM »
Anyway today is the day that Christmas is officially over and I for one am not really sorry.

Its commercial overtones are completely over the top and the spirit is lost IMO. I know that generally people have more disposable income than my parents had but it is sad to see the obscene amount of money spent at Christmas as parents bow to peer pressure in order to satisfy the god that is retail. Don't get me wrong when you have young children the delight in their eyes when the rip off the wrapping paper is very satisfying. However I think that children have come to expect too much in the way of Christmas presents and if the latest, greatest version of the current "must have" present is not under the tree, they actually feel annoyed.

You are of course free to spend your money whatever way you wish, and this is just my humble opinion.

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2009, 17:31:01 PM »
In the news this morning Nigel Clough has taken over as boss at Derby.

The job of a manager in football these days is tough enough, but he will always be compared to his Dad. This is unfortunate as he has done a great job at Burton and is probably ready for the step up to a bigger club. I hope he does well and is judged on his own merits and not put under any pressure because of the exploits of his illustrious Father.

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2009, 17:31:42 PM »
Credit where credit is due.

I feel I must congratulate Des on his moderator appointments.

There are some forums that have moderators who are a soulless lot and this could be due in turn to the clientele that frequent those particular forums. APAT moderators are full of fun and friendly banter and are due a drink from me when we meet (If I can beat Des to the bar).

APAT is the best run forum with the nicest bunch of people who post there and long may it continue and prosper.

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2009, 17:31:19 PM »

sc0t679

« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2009, 19:14:39 PM »
great reading m8 what a laugh, unlucky with your ak , looking forward to the undertaker tales  lol