Author Topic: Duke attempts the Impossible  (Read 1351677 times)

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
Re: Duke attempts the Impossible
« Reply #570 on: April 18, 2009, 17:58:39 PM »

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #571 on: April 18, 2009, 18:22:06 PM »
Ok peeps, it's Irish On-line Open night. Myself and the wee man are ready willing and in his case able for this tonight. He nearly qualified on the Monday but went out in 12th, however he crushed the rebuy (ok I think he re-bought 4 times). Now I can assure you that while we play in the same room it is at different ends of the room and we do not collude. I have never favoured him in any competition and took the tack that he must win on his own merits. So rest assured there will be no soft play and I will be aiming to take his chips just as vigourously as I will attempt to take yours

Webcam will be in action as well WEBCAM

If you view it now you can see he is ready for the long haul Duvet and snacks at the ready  ;D ;D ;D ;D

GL all  

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #572 on: April 19, 2009, 12:42:04 PM »
Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present for your selective viewing, my son who hit the couch on Monday 6th April and has only left it to go to the toilet for the last two weeks.

LAZY SHIITE WATCH

It refreshes every 30 seconds (I could refresh it every 30 hours for all the movement you will see)

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #573 on: April 19, 2009, 15:57:29 PM »
LOL, just LOL.

... and has only left it to go to the toilet for the last two weeks

I would take that bowl away from him just in case he decides to get lazier  :-\
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 22:11:02 PM by lukybugur »

janc

• Silver Member
« Reply #574 on: April 19, 2009, 20:49:10 PM »

Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present for your selective viewing, my son who hit the couch on Monday 6th April and has only left it to go to the toilet for the last two weeks.

LAZY SHIITE WATCH

It refreshes every 30 seconds (I could refresh it every 30 hours for all the movement you will see)

Priceless  ;D
Form is temporary, but class is permanent

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #575 on: April 19, 2009, 23:16:36 PM »
I am off to Ireland with my good friend and APATer Glenn (Bigfella) to attend the Punchestown races on Friday 1st May. It promises to be a great day. Joining us will be Laxie and her long suffering husband Timothy. I then was going to travel down to Cork for the rest of the weekend to watch the Rugby between Munster & Leinster in the delightful village of Knocknagree and maybe have a drink or two. Now if you have ever been in Timothy's company while Munster are playing you will know that that is going to get lively.

Good so far eh?

However a couple of newly acquired bits of information have come to light that have a huge bearing on my original decision.

First of all, that mad woman who you all know and love has decided to climb a mountain on Sunday and is looking for volunteers to join her. Now I know it is for a good cause and all that. But Chezger do not do mountains, end of.

However there is a caveat, If I don't do the walk I get a wax (bodily location is allegedly under negotiation at the women's institute of Knocknagree at this present time). FFS hair removal is a little extreme, I mean I have already shaved off the beard what more does she want.

Pictures of chickens will be treated with the contempt they deserve.

Watch this space

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #576 on: April 20, 2009, 15:27:23 PM »
Delivers as usual Ger.

"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #577 on: April 20, 2009, 17:30:33 PM »

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #578 on: April 20, 2009, 17:31:11 PM »
I used to take walks in the fields at the back of the shop most evenings, before I found the delights of the two G's Guinness & Girls. I wouldn't walk further that the house to the car now, So Laxie has no hope of getting me up a fecking mountain.

Whilst on one of these aimless walks I was treated to a lesson in Mother Nature's survival of the fittest.

As I walked alongside the ditch with the sun beginning to lose its power on a beautiful summer's evening, a rabbit broke out from the ditch near my feet. It was a young rabbit and its gait was broken, not the usual skip of a carefree rabbit. I was no threat to it, so it wasn't me making this creature run, terrified to the point of death.

It broke past me across the wide open field and I heard it, quite literally, cry in a heart tugging way I had never heard before, as it ran across the field, aimlessly, not in any given direction towards any kind of freedom.

Then I saw the object of its terror, it was what I had always called a weasel, but was probably a stoat. It came from further away, out of the same ditch. It seemed to be in no hurry at all, as this deadly little predator closed in on its quarry. Now I knew that the small rabbit was already dead when it passed me by.

Rooted to the spot I saw that streak of ferocity close in on the rabbit in the middle of the field, even the birds seemed to have stopped singing. He went for the throat with his razor sharp teeth. I would almost swear that the young rabbit died of heart failure, of pure fear, even before the actual physical killing took place before my eyes.

Nature at work in its most violent but strangely beautiful form. I must get off my fat arse and do some walks, maybe even do the Laxie mountain walk (who am I kidding!!).

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #579 on: April 20, 2009, 17:35:13 PM »

Treating with contempt cos if you go up mountains

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #580 on: April 20, 2009, 17:42:08 PM »
Well, as it turns out - you"re off the hook.  You"re still a chicken, but you"re an off the hook chicken.  My 11 year old daughter is going to take your place on the climb up the mountain. 

Wimp. 

That is all. 

LOL

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #581 on: April 20, 2009, 17:54:05 PM »

Well, as it turns out - you"re off the hook.  You"re still a chicken, but you"re an off the hook chicken.  My 11 year old daughter is going to take your place on the climb up the mountain. 

Wimp. 

That is all. 

LOL

Always said she was a smashing girl

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #582 on: April 20, 2009, 18:51:31 PM »

Wimp. 

That is all. 

LOL

Always said I was a big girl

FYP
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #583 on: April 20, 2009, 19:00:50 PM »
Listen you two, if God had meant me to run, walk up mountains or hike around the country, he wouldn"t have invented the combustion engine. Some people are born to run, I was born to drive (or stay in and drink). Walking/running is for dedicated, fit, healthy individual eejits.

Cheers

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #584 on: April 21, 2009, 10:16:12 AM »
You are one serious luckbox.  They"ve pushed the mountain climb to the following week, so you"re 100% off the hook.  No guilt trips or sad puppy eyed looks.  Back to nothing but pints, sports and steaks.   ;)