Author Topic: Duke attempts the Impossible  (Read 1351883 times)

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
Re: Duke attempts the Impossible
« Reply #630 on: May 09, 2009, 17:56:42 PM »
well done

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #631 on: May 09, 2009, 22:14:33 PM »
Great job Laxie.

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #632 on: May 10, 2009, 18:05:13 PM »
Sitting in my conservatory today sipping an NFL and recovering from a night round at my sisters, I mused about the weather (as you do). In Ireland the weather is always "changeable". In that respect Dawn was lucky with the weather for her climb, because it always seems to rain in the scared country

Many visitors to Ireland come from countries where the term "rain" is misunderstood. They foolishly believe that rain is a short lived phenomenon. However that is not rain, that is just a passing shower. Imagine 100 passing showers in sequence, that is rain. Occasionally, there will be a hiccup in the running order, this is called a dry spell.

Looking at a map, you'll spot the Emerald Isle floating between 50 and 60 degrees north latitude. This means it is the same distance from the equator as Moscow. Thanks to the Gulf Stream however Ireland is neither Tahiti nor the North Pole, never an oven, rarely a freezer but always fantastic. 

More NFL required I am going mad

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #633 on: May 10, 2009, 18:28:30 PM »
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 18:30:47 PM by Laxie »

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #634 on: May 10, 2009, 18:35:57 PM »
Beautiful views -- great climb -- well done to all

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #635 on: May 11, 2009, 17:46:15 PM »
I was outside in the garden on Saturday chatting to my good friend and next door neighbour Carl (Shogun) and we got round to discussing the fence between us.

Now this fence has concrete posts and base and the panels are just over a metre high, perfect for leaning on chewing the fat. The wood is in a bit of a state as I can't remember the last time I painted it. As a result most panels are buckled and rotting away.

No problem we will just remove the old ones and slot in some new panels, job done.

We were discussing other things and generally putting the world to rights when I commented.

"Bit cold for a BBQ" says I smelling the unmistakable smell of wood smoke.
"Aye" says Carl

I then noticed that my right leg was getting a tad warm. I looked down and saw that I had discarded a cigarette and the fecking fence was on fire.

I had to rush in and get a jug of water to douse the fecking fence missing the wee man by inches..

Priceless

n.b. Talking of chucking water ask Laxie about last weekend when Mr Laxie drowned her with a pint of water and claimed he was trying to get the cat.

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #636 on: May 11, 2009, 18:25:16 PM »
Well done Laxie. Great pics; not the ones of you and your sweaty pals, the views pics.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 18:26:55 PM by lukybugur »

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #637 on: May 11, 2009, 18:52:04 PM »
Well last night in the APAT Central league was most enjoyable, excellent game and lovely company. Went a little low from the start when forced to fold to perceived better hands, whether they were ahead or not is debatable.

Hit a purple patch after grinding for a while and had a black eye from the cards hitting me in the face. Stayed steady and won the races (Sorry Kin) and the final table was a delight to play at especially with George on my right. Awesome player that man. When we were down to three the play was very educational - well to me anyway.

HU I hit the hand at the right time and lucked the win..

anyway it"s nice to participate - nice to sit with like minded people and of course nice to win  ;D

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #638 on: May 11, 2009, 18:55:00 PM »
Very well done last night Ger!  

And don"t get me started on the husband, the cat and the pint.  FFS.  Couldn"t make it up.

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #639 on: May 11, 2009, 18:58:48 PM »
Big congrats on the win Ger, WD.

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
« Reply #640 on: May 12, 2009, 00:26:14 AM »
Ger u played great last night. Dunno if you had the cards but u kept re raising me and I should have slowed down a bit to react to your play.

Glad you went on to win it. That J on the river hurt tho >:(
Follow me on twitter:  gb2loose

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #641 on: May 12, 2009, 18:01:40 PM »
Well, we all had to sit quiet when 6/7 handed when any kind of raise was greeted with an all in response. When we got to 4/3 handed the play was a lot better. And yes, when i re raised you I had what I considered a good hand (no jokes about what I consider a good hand  ;D )

The river J was a killer - you had  8 8 against my KQ spades if I recall and it was a bit of a hero call to your all in, did I have twice as many chips as you at the time ?.

Anyway I got lucky, but as always it was a pleasure to play against you.

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
« Reply #642 on: May 12, 2009, 18:42:02 PM »

Well, we all had to sit quiet when 6/7 handed when any kind of raise was greeted with an all in response. When we got to 4/3 handed the play was a lot better. And yes, when i re raised you I had what I considered a good hand (no jokes about what I consider a good hand  ;D )

The river J was a killer - you had  8 8 against my KQ spades if I recall and it was a bit of a hero call to your all in, did I have twice as many chips as you at the time ?.

Anyway I got lucky, but as always it was a pleasure to play against you.

Nah 3 handed against me I"d say that"s a call and not really lucky- twas a flip- think you had about 60k at start of hand to my 37k

Big hand for me was the 19hh a few hands before.
Follow me on twitter:  gb2loose

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #643 on: May 12, 2009, 18:57:18 PM »
Aye when he turned the s8 to your flush draw and you drew a blank (even an 8 on the river would have beat him) vul

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #644 on: May 12, 2009, 19:05:07 PM »

I have enthused long and at length about this wonderful forum, so I won't bore you.

However I am gobsmacked that this humble drivel gets read.

Thank you, I am indeed honoured

Ger