Author Topic: If Carlsberg did dull poker blogs, they'd do this one  (Read 225059 times)

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
Re: Am I a fish or what?
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2008, 21:07:00 PM »
made the first break in 6th place with 9370 chips. Let the donking begin!
Currently tearing the Ipoker anonymous tables a new one

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2008, 22:09:16 PM »
2nd break 20th of 28 with 6795 chips. At least I"ve not donked yet. Result!

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2008, 23:06:34 PM »
Out on penultimate table again. Jeeze, how many times is that? At least I didn"t commit any fowl ups for once, which is a first

Bainn

• Platinum Member
    • The Poker Beard
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2008, 23:11:39 PM »

Out on penultimate table again. Jeeze, how many times is that? At least I didn"t commit any fowl ups for once, which is a first

Er, good game....am I forgiven ?
  Deepstack champion S2  

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2008, 07:28:52 AM »

Err, have to think about this one......................yes, go on then you are

Bainn

• Platinum Member
    • The Poker Beard
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2008, 13:29:30 PM »

Err, have to think about this one......................yes, go on then you are

Phew......I could not live with the guilt........
  Deepstack champion S2  

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2008, 23:43:51 PM »
Just witnessed something interesting over on Full Tilt. There was a 6 handed $200/$400 pot limit omaha table with Phil Ivey,David Benyamine, Ben Grundy and some other players I didn"t know. Post flop, Ben Grundy and 2 of the others shoved a total of $55000 ish into the middle and the pot was taken down by one of the unknowns. Mr Grundy left the table with a comment of F**n idiot. Oh dear.
   You may be surprised to learn I was spectating not playing in this hand!  :o  

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2008, 23:57:35 PM »
Not a huge amount to report on the poker front from the last few days. The hours I have put in have tended to be on Omaha cash tables. I"ve had a theory for a while that there"s relatively easy money to be had playing Omaha as there aren"t that many people who play it very well. I"ve experimented with a few different sites and some are distinctly softer than others but, whilst I wouldn"t claim to be very good at it, there are less competent Omaha than Hold'em players out there. 
 Tonight"s online action was in Full Tilt"s $11 combined Hold'em/Omaha Tourney. I"ve played a lot of split sit and gos on the same site and have done well mainly by playing  as few Hold'em hands as possible and piling the chips in when I"ve got a good draw with an Omaha hand. Tonight I finished 6th of 69 despite leading and having double the chips of the 2nd place player when there were only 12 left. Twice I lost hands by putting people all in on after the flop on an Omaha hand when I held an open-ended straight draw and nut-flush draw. Ho hum, maybe next time.      

Roscopiko

• Gold Member
  • APAT Newcastle Team Captain
    • Tilt Tilt Tilt Reload Tilt Tilt
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2008, 08:51:34 AM »
I have been experimenting with PLO and PLO H/L on stars micro cash tables and would defo advise it for a quick buck.  Played the last 2 nights and started with $5 on the table in 0.01/0.02c tables.  I made over $30!! These are so soft its unbelievable even with only very limited Omaha experience it relatively easy to get paid.

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2008, 19:27:16 PM »
Forgive me father for I have sinned. I have committed the heinous crime of not spending 4 hours each night typing "FFS" into my messagebox, but have actually forsaken poker altogether some evenings to watch football. I feel dirty just saying it.
  On the important issue of the day, I can"t believe that the contest for the commercial gold mine that is being named "Official biscuit of APAT" is being fought out by Ginger Nuts and, I can hardly say this, Bourbons. People, have you no shame? The fact that Jammy Dodgers have had hardly a mention in this fiercely-fought debate brings shame upon us all. Tut, tut    

Roscopiko

• Gold Member
  • APAT Newcastle Team Captain
    • Tilt Tilt Tilt Reload Tilt Tilt
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2008, 19:29:19 PM »
You cant fool me monkeyman - just cos u are playing PLO on Betfair doesnt mean your not playing lol

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2008, 19:56:55 PM »
Nice post monkey.  I particularly like the "official biscuit" angle and I"m calculating sponsorship values as I write. I think this has to be pitched to biscuit royalty...hob nobs.

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2008, 22:00:47 PM »

Nice post monkey.  I particularly like the "official biscuit" angle and I"m calculating sponsorship values as I write. I think this has to be pitched to biscuit royalty...hob nobs.

If Bain reads that bit about hob nobs being biscuit royalty, I fear blood will be shed :D  

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2008, 22:11:03 PM »

You cant fool me monkeyman - just cos u are playing PLO on Betfair doesnt mean your not playing lol

Guilty as charged. Have pity on me as, deep breath, I am a poker addict and I have a problem. Admitting my difficulty was the first part of the 12 step program, part 2 was to play short sessions on cash tables. In some ways you could say that playing cash omaha on Betfair is my equivalent of methadone, I need a fix of some sort but its not the real thing.  

mal666

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2008, 22:39:40 PM »

Forgive me father for I have sinned. I have committed the heinous crime of not spending 4 hours each night typing "FFS" into my messagebox, but have actually forsaken poker altogether some evenings to watch football. I feel dirty just saying it.
  On the important issue of the day, I can"t believe that the contest for the commercial gold mine that is being named "Official biscuit of APAT" is being fought out by Ginger Nuts and, I can hardly say this, Bourbons. People, have you no shame? The fact that Jammy Dodgers have had hardly a mention in this fiercely-fought debate brings shame upon us all. Tut, tut    

please dont use the bourbons name in vain,
and jammy dodgers jesus christ no contest.