Author Topic: If Carlsberg did dull poker blogs, they'd do this one  (Read 227375 times)

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
Re: Am I a fish or what?
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2008, 23:01:50 PM »

Forgive me father for I have sinned. I have committed the heinous crime of not spending 4 hours each night typing "FFS" into my messagebox, but have actually forsaken poker altogether some evenings to watch football. I feel dirty just saying it.
  On the important issue of the day, I can"t believe that the contest for the commercial gold mine that is being named "Official biscuit of APAT" is being fought out by Ginger Nuts and, I can hardly say this, Bourbons. People, have you no shame? The fact that Jammy Dodgers have had hardly a mention in this fiercely-fought debate brings shame upon us all. Tut, tut    

please dont use the bourbons name in vain,
and jammy dodgers jesus christ no contest.

Them"s fighting words
Currently tearing the Ipoker anonymous tables a new one

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2008, 14:47:14 PM »
So its start time at the Irish National and I"m in Gorleston. Dublin or Gorleston, which do you think I"d rather be in? Unfortunately I couldn"t get the time off work to travel out friday/back monday to I"ll save myself for The Vic (isn"t that Ms Coren"s stomping ground? Will she have got the police to impose an ASBO on me before I get there?). Incidentally if anyone knows of a dirt-cheap hotel/B&B in london which doesn"t double as a crack den or cockroach refuge, please let me know. At this stage I plan on playing all the London events if I can get in. I play a lot of omaha,have played cash Razz up to $3/$6 level (sounds good, but I only did that for 4 days) and will even be brave enough to try Stud as well. I"ll leave those of you that have seen me in action to decide whether I"m more likely to cash in the hold"em event than all the side games.      

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2008, 19:48:05 PM »
After much persuasion, I have decided to release a range of training materials so that you too can learn to play poker the Monkeyman way. Make use of the pearls of wisdom contained within these items and you will be on your way to becoming one of the world"s leading internet pro"s, like what I am. Key products are as follows:

1) Monkeyman"s guide to crushing internet tournaments. Chapters include "Built up a chip lead? Call any bet - you"ve got them covered", "Sending emails as an aid to concentration", "Attempting bluffs that Stevie Wonder would see" and "The positive side of playing after a trip to the pub"

2) Swearing for Dummies. Are you fed up of typing "FFS" when some semi-evolved gimp ruins several hours of perfect play by hitting a 1 outer? With the aid of this book you could be cussing like a tramp after a crate of Special Brew and prove that foul language is both big and clever.

3) "Cash Razz - the way to riches"

In addition, I have a limited supply of DVDs of a pilot show that Channel 4 recorded which was to have revolutionised how poker is perceived in this country. "Bad Beat Big Brother" was intended to run for 12 weeks. The premise for the show was to see how 12 poker players would behave locked in a house cut off from the outside world without access to a deck of cards or internet connection. However, after an hour of tales about having aces cracked, Jesse May rang screaming from the commentary booth shouting "Noooooooooo, not even I can make this interesting" and the project was abandoned.

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2008, 22:27:45 PM »
Over the last couple of days, I"ve shown dedication to the cause above and beyond the call of duty. Despite driving from Norwich to Manchester yesterday to see The Police then returning today, I"ve still managed to cram in a few minutes of cash omaha play. Something really strange has been happening though. I"ve said before that there is an enormous difference in the standard of play between sites at similar buy-ins. My blog is obviously being read by people in a position of power, as those lovely people at  Pokerstars have read what I"ve said about their site being comparitively difficult to make money on and had a word with their dealers. "You playing 9 handed cash omaha sir? No problem, we"ll see what we can do for you" " You"d like to flop the nut flush  twice in one orbit? You only have to ask" "You want to have a full house on the button and have three people in front betting into you? Its our pleasure" "Is there anything else we can do for you". Now that"s what I call customer service.
   If any other sites want a favourable mention here, just let me know. I"ll take out a second mortgage and play at the nosebleed-level cash tables, knowing that I"m bound to win, in exchange for as much corporate arse-kissing as you"d like. Lets face it, if a fish like me is making money, then internet poker is clearly fixed.  ;D
  Incidentally, if anyone from Full Tilt is reading this and would like to return to the coveted position of "Monkeyman"s favourite poker site", cash payments are accepted              

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2008, 18:17:00 PM »
So it"s thursday and that means one thing, APAT online night. Join me here from 8Pm as I describe how I"ve blown yet another opportunity to rack up a few points  

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2008, 21:03:15 PM »
Yawn. That was my least eventful first hour in an APAT event ever. Probably means I"m going to get bored and go fishing sometime soon.

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2008, 21:56:08 PM »
Really wish I hadn"t bothered tonight. I spent over 1.5 hours totally card dead then found myself with Queens. My chips went in the middle preflop, I was up against nines  and surprise, sur,bleeding,prise, the nines were the top end of a straight. Right now I"m genuinely not sure whether I want to play any more of these.    

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2008, 07:21:48 AM »
Friday morning and I"m still in a foul mood after last night. I can"t remember whether this was the 7th or 8th time this season I"ve been knocked out going all in with a high pocket pair only to find a lower pair connecting with something on the board but its getting to the point where I"m just not enjoying myself. I suspect I"ll probably try again on saturday night and if the same thing happens then Blue Square"s software will uninstalled from my computer.
  Note to self - you aint taking defeat half as well as you think you do.

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2008, 08:46:27 AM »
Don"t do it Monkey!! S**t happens to all of us who play this stupid game, but we love it really.
If you quit thats one less character on  Thursday, don"t do it!
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2008, 11:08:06 AM »

Don"t do it Monkey!! S**t happens to all of us who play this stupid game, but we love it really.
If you quit thats one less character on  Thursday, don"t do it!

Thanks for that reply. I probably will play again on saturday but there is still a serious chance it might be my last go if things go base over apex again. I suppose my annoyance could arise from the fact that I"ve  not scored any points for a while and I"d set my heart on making a serious effort to top the rankings. If I go back over the season as a whole, the perverse thing is that when I"ve played my best poker, things just haven"t worked out. I"ve made 5 final tables and to be honest, on each occasion its owed more to hitting some monster hands at the right time rather than because I"ve been at the top of my game. Even allowing for the unique friendly banter that comes out in APAt tourneys, I"m just not sure I want to enter a tournament where I feel that the end result doesn"t seem to have any relationship to how i"ve performed.  In addition, I"ve been doing well on omaha cash tables recently, so I feel more inclined to stick with that    

Roscopiko

• Gold Member
  • APAT Newcastle Team Captain
    • Tilt Tilt Tilt Reload Tilt Tilt
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2008, 11:14:45 AM »
Get yourself on there on Sat and just play to enjoy it, without the pressure of trying to get points. I"m not in so you"ll have to find someone else to double you up though mind.

Its just a rut mate that we all go through where you get them in ahead but suck out, I played perfect poker last night other than getting my chips in behind on 3 out of 5 occasions and only finished 14th, wheres the justice.  ;D

Otherwise I"ll see on the Omaha tables.

GL at the tables either way!!

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2008, 11:58:53 AM »

Get yourself on there on Sat and just play to enjoy it, without the pressure of trying to get points. I"m not in so you"ll have to find someone else to double you up though mind.

Its just a rut mate that we all go through where you get them in ahead but suck out, I played perfect poker last night other than getting my chips in behind on 3 out of 5 occasions and only finished 14th, wheres the justice.  ;D

Otherwise I"ll see on the Omaha tables.

GL at the tables either way!!

You"ll certainly still see me at the omaha tables on Betfair. If you ever run into "Sthemonkey" on either Pokerstars or Partypoker thats me too

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2008, 12:04:10 PM »
Not quite sure how that last post all ended up in a quotation.  ???

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2008, 09:21:08 AM »
Resistance weakening...............may........still.......play............tonight  

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2008, 17:57:20 PM »
I think I"m going to give it a go after all. I stick with what I said on thursday though. If I"m knocked out tonight by sticking all my chips in preflop with a large pair only to be outdrawn by someone with a lower pair this will be the last one.