Author Topic: If Carlsberg did dull poker blogs, they'd do this one  (Read 225189 times)

Bad hat lady

Re: Am I a fish or what?
« Reply #90 on: July 07, 2008, 20:55:13 PM »
Re your review of the Norfolk WSOP event. I would like to point out that as you managed to double up against me twice to scrape into the heads up I don"t look at the final hand as having rivered you, more of naughty little chips returning home to Mama. Also, anyone who takes a family game seriously enough to turn up in a baseball hat doesn"t deserve to win!

Roscopiko

• Gold Member
  • APAT Newcastle Team Captain
    • Tilt Tilt Tilt Reload Tilt Tilt
« Reply #91 on: July 07, 2008, 20:56:59 PM »

Re your review of the Norfolk WSOP event. I would like to point out that as you managed to double up against me twice to scrape into the heads up I don"t look at the final hand as having rivered you, more of naughty little chips returning home to Mama. Also, anyone who takes a family game seriously enough to turn up in a baseball hat doesn"t deserve to win!

This is my post of the year, lmao

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #92 on: July 07, 2008, 21:38:43 PM »

This is my post of the year, lmao

certainly debut post of the year, without question ;D
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #93 on: July 07, 2008, 23:29:12 PM »

Well blog readers, I have a tale to tell. Bad hat Lady is my older sister, Sandra Stringer. "Bad hat lady", as the name suggests, has form where iffy headgear is concerned. On the first occasion she joined in our homegame she sat down with a bag contain several items of headgear you would only normally see on someone who was on a care in the community program. Woolly hats and baseball caps were the saner items on display. A set of Greg Raymer style lizard shades put in appearance  as did one of those sets of glasses you get from joke shops with the "eyes" that bounce out on springs. The highlight of the evening in question was the funniest thing I have yet seen or am ever likely to see around a poker table. I"ve seen some odd things on my tables at APAT nationals; Bainn"s table banter at Luton last year, a player getting outplayed by an empty chair at Cardiff and most bizarre of all, a poker player dislocating his kneecap whilst sat at the table in Edinburgh. Nothing, however, compares to Bad Hat Lady"s top comedy moment. One of her pieces of headgear was a Biggles style flying helmet accompanied by some flying goggles. The idea was that every time she entered a pot, she would yell "Going in" and pull down the goggles. However, at one point, the elastic snapped, flew to the right and hit a fellow player in the eye. Rather than express any concern for the injured party, everyone else in the room collapsed in fits and play had to be suspended for several minutes whilst sanity was restored.

Currently tearing the Ipoker anonymous tables a new one

ibis

« Reply #94 on: July 08, 2008, 13:20:01 PM »

"Bad hat lady", as the name suggests, has form where iffy headgear is concerned.    

I"d like to point out the I"ve been getting grief every day since the Norfolk WSOP was held for not telling Bad hat Lady in advance that the event would feature in MonkeyMan"s blog. Had she known, she says she would have brought along all her hats. Never mind flying helmet and flying goggles (actually an old pair of my swimming goggles with perished rubber and (now) missing elastic) she has more recent editions.

It seems that whenever we"re out shopping we have to look out for interesting hats! Last year we were in Santa Cruz (a Californian seaside resort just south of San Francisco that looks a bit like Skegness or Yarmouth but without their style and with a working Pacific Union train line running the length of the promenade!) when a large lobster shaped hat was spotted, purchased and stuffed in a suitcase ready for the next big Poker game. This isn"t just a lobster hat, it is a very large, bright red lobster hat. You"ll be pleased to know it isn"t accompanied by any eye-wear though dark shades are recommended for all other players!!

Roscopiko

• Gold Member
« Reply #95 on: July 08, 2008, 14:20:36 PM »
And Norfolk folk get a bad name......no justice in the world is there.  :-*

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #96 on: July 08, 2008, 16:25:26 PM »

One of her pieces of headgear was a Biggles style flying helmet accompanied by some flying goggles. The idea was that every time she entered a pot, she would yell "Going in" and pull down the goggles. However, at one point, the elastic snapped, flew to the right and hit a fellow player in the eye. Rather than express any concern for the injured party, everyone else in the room collapsed in fits and play had to be suspended for several minutes whilst sanity was restored.

PRICELESS!!!

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #97 on: July 08, 2008, 17:26:22 PM »
Excellent!  ;D

Bad hat lady

« Reply #98 on: July 08, 2008, 22:44:00 PM »

On the first occasion she joined in our homegame she sat down with a bag contain several items of headgear you would only normally see on someone who was on a care in the community program.

[/quote]

I'll have you know the hat wearing was a serious scientific study! One of the poker books I read said that you should know your table image and play to it. Always believing what I read in poker books I thought I should experiment. Admittedly I may have extrapolated the advice further than originally intended but it did throw up some useful facts. For example, it is hard to get people to respect your raise when you are wearing a sombrero and goggle-eye glasses. I must admit that apart from the unfortunate blinding incident, the flying helmet and goggles was one of my favourites as it not only hid your expression but could be used in conjunction with other supplementary behaviours. Declaring you are "going in" and pulling the goggles down whenever you enter a pot can put temperamental players on tilt after about the third time. To increase the affect, every time you win a pot you should spread your arms and "fly" around the table humming the theme from the Dam busters march. The down sides of this technique are:
1.   For some reason it doesn't seem to be effective when playing internet poker
2.   Flying helmets are quite hot so should only be used in rooms with American style artic air-conditioning
3.   Parts of the technique might fall foul of the new WSOP rules on excessive celebration. I can only suggest reducing the length of your arms and humming quietly until you can judge what you can get away with.
4.   You might get beaten up

Another observation I should mention is that I've never won anything wearing a hat.

Roscopiko

• Gold Member
« Reply #99 on: July 08, 2008, 22:50:16 PM »
This women is a legend.  Get here a blog NOW

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #100 on: July 09, 2008, 08:28:27 AM »

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo >:(

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #101 on: July 09, 2008, 10:42:22 AM »
Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #102 on: July 09, 2008, 13:49:39 PM »

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

People, stop this madness now. By encouraging someone to indulge in this kind of behaviour you have no idea where it will end. By giving them a platform to discuss their hat-wearing idiosyncrasies you"re merely helping to foster an undesirable trend which can only bring derision to the game we love. The main reason for postponing the final table of the WSOP was to generate a buzz beyond those who normally follow poker. What would the wider world think if they tuned in to the closing stages and saw Phil Hellmuth in a sombrero, Mike Matusow in a deerstalker, Johnny Chan in a top hat, Doyle Brunson in a swimming cap or Gus Hansen wearing a pirates hat. We would be a laughing stock. Just say no to headgear.

biffa85

• Silver Member
« Reply #103 on: July 10, 2008, 07:49:02 AM »
I"d pay good money to see Doyle in a swimming cap.

lmfao!!!

;D ;D ;D
Still learn the science and practicing the art

Santino67

• Platinum Member
  • Fat Charlie Sheen - @GrantSpeirs
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #104 on: July 10, 2008, 09:38:06 AM »
The thinking man"s Jac Arama  :o
APAT Scottish Amateur Champion 2011 :~)
APAT Online North America PLO Champion 2011